CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo

5 posters

Go down

Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo Empty Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo

Post by Estiscurls 10th July 2010, 2:12 am

My first henna was on June 16th. My 4th henna was on July 3rd. Only this time I did the two-part process of henna first, then indigo directly after. My hair came out black black. A nice black. I've been dying my hair with chemical dyes since I first started becoming gray and because my hair grows so fast I would dye at least evey three weeks and sometimes would use that temporary spray hair color to cover my roots.

I want to use henna because you can put it on your hair every week if you want to AND it's the last step for me to be completely natural. I'm just not wild about the two-step process because it's so darn time-consuming although I'll only be doing root touch-ups and just the overall head once a month or so.

Now I want to cut all my hair off because the "virgin" hair, the roots, feel so much softer than the rest of my hair that has the chemical dye on it. I think the next time I do my henna I'm going to do just henna and later do an indigo gloss (which I never heard of before so I may be the first).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Estiscurls on 10th July 2010, 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add pic.)
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo Empty Re: Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo

Post by jeca 10th July 2010, 2:37 am

I would love to know how you did it. I need to cover up some gray badly! So you did a complete henna first then re-did your hair with indigo right after?
jeca
jeca

Back to top Go down

Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo Empty Re: Here's What My Hair Looks Like with 2-Step Henna/Indigo

Post by Estiscurls 10th July 2010, 2:55 am

Right, I did my entire hair in henna (used coconut milk and olive oil to mix) and left in on for 6 hours. Then rinsed completely (took a lot of water!) and applied indigo (mixed with warm water) right after and left on for about 2 hours. Very simple yet so hard (the hard part to me is the rinsing and rinsing). Oh yeah, I sat under the dryer with the indigo because it felt so "stiff - dry" going on my hair I thought that heat would make it
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 10th July 2010, 5:28 pm

My sister did her first henna & indigo treatment yesterday & she loves her hair. I can not tell you how many times she's called me talking about how soft her hair is, how black the gray is and how her hair looks thicker. She did say that the henna stinks really bad so you might want to use an oil with it. I see on butters-n-bars website they send you lavender oil with their henna bundles so I'll probably by that to use with my henna.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 10th July 2010, 6:48 pm

To me, the indigo smells like cut grass and brings back memories of when I would help my dad sweep up after he mowed the lawn!
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 10th July 2010, 11:13 pm

Your results are great! Did you use gloves?
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeca 11th July 2010, 3:40 pm

Where did you get it from?
jeca
jeca

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 12th July 2010, 7:59 pm

I got the indigo from the local Indian market - $3.99 - a bit pricey for Indian market prices.

I did use gloves when I applyed the indigo.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 12th July 2010, 8:51 pm

From what I heard, Indigo will stain your hands so always wear gloves just to be safe.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 12th July 2010, 9:33 pm

Esticurls,

Your hair looks lovely with the 2 step process, very youthful and full of colour. I know what you mean about how hard it is though, just so time consuming and fiddly. But due to getting much better results than with chemical dyes I know I will stick with it. It's interesting that you have noticed a difference in the texture in the virgin hennaed hair and the part of the hair that has been chemically dyed.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down