CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold

5 posters

Go down

Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold Empty Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold

Post by adamseve 7th July 2010, 8:39 pm

Love my hair, but I'm struggling with keeping it soft after applying my LI & sealant once it dries.

I've even begun to spray my hair with my H2O/glycerine mix before adding any product after I co-wash. Today I applied a nice moisturizing/ sealing concoction that left my hair really soft:

2 TBS Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

1 TBS DB Pina Colada LIC

2 tsp. JBCO

2 tsp. Zipporah Beauty Vanilla Serum

2 tsp. of DB Madagascar Styling creme

My exposed curls dried / set with a light hold that makes them feel a little stiff but not hard, crunchy. I can deal with this, but would like them to feel more like the root.

My edges feel exactly like the exposed curls. What can I do to make them softer as the hair dries throughout the day?

Thanks in advance for your advice and tips! You ladies ROCK [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold Empty Re: Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 11:53 pm

Sounds like you are mixing too much together. Instead of the concoction, try each of those products separately, on separate days. See if any of them give you the softness that you want. If you must mix, start back slowly. One product, then 2, and then if you really must 3.

Most ladies who mix stuff up are using pure products like mixing castor oil, shea butter, and aloe. When you mix all those creams and conditioners together you have like 20 ingredients in your hair! It's immediate build up...which is why you feel stiffness/dryness.

Last edited by LittleOne on 8th July 2010, 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold Empty Re: Trying to Get Edges & Exposed Ends Softer w/o Stiff Hold

Post by NylaCoils 8th July 2010, 1:22 am

I concur with Little One- although the products are natural. They still contain chemicals and perhaps those chemicals are interacting with one another!
This is my 3 rd time natural and I tend to keep it simple!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th July 2010, 1:51 pm

I like plain aloe vera gelly or aloe vera gel. I get hold but no hardness. You can also mix aloe vera with an oil or two to help seal in aloe vera's moisture. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffyd 8th July 2010, 2:36 pm

I like aloe vera gel or JBCO. They are great products to use alone.
tiffyd
tiffyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down