CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011

+12
misskris
ButterQueen
ChrsLvsBks
raherahe
naturally.yours
tickle*me*curly
Rudo'sKinks
AdrianaSFleury
k_enitan
BlakButterfli
Shaynatural
naturally Nubian
16 posters

Go down

Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011 Empty Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011

Post by naturally Nubian 16th October 2010, 2:57 pm

Hey Natural ladies!
I am embarking on a "Grow Your Edges Challenge" starting today and ending on 16th January 2011.
I will make my own herbal infusion of sage and lavender based in jojoba oil and aloe vera juice. Ladies you are free to choose whatever product you enjoy using.

Rules:

To apply oil/product to hairline at least 3 times a week
To take 4 pics for each month including october. Please post your first photo as soon as you can to this thread. Then you can add to it each month
To regularly wash hair
To refrain from hair styles that put tension on the hair line ( for example: braids that are too tight!)

Please feel free to drop me line if I have missed something out or you would like to ask questions.

That's it for now.

Happy growing!

NN

PS: I would like to share my growth pics with you!!!! Very Happy

naturally Nubian
naturally Nubian

https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyNubian?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011 Empty Re: Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011

Post by Shaynatural 16th October 2010, 4:49 pm

I may have to take part of this challenge. I really need to grow my edges!
Shaynatural
Shaynatural

Back to top Go down

Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011 Empty Re: Grow your edges/hair line!!! Ends 16th Jan 2011

Post by BlakButterfli 16th October 2010, 5:09 pm

I currently have a sew-in right now, but want to particpate. I'm not taking it down until the end of the month, so I will be a little late joining, but count me in!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by k_enitan 26th October 2010, 9:37 am

Count me in too! Steroids and psoriasis weakened my scalp and my edges have not recovered yet, especially my temple/crown area.
k_enitan
k_enitan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianaSFleury 28th October 2010, 10:29 am

I am in. I keep my hair in twist all the time to hide my uneven edges.
I am also doing CocoEuro's challenge to grow/retain 3 to 6 inches by April 2011.

This is a pic I took last night after takin my twist out. This is the only one I have with my edges:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AdrianaSFleury
AdrianaSFleury

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudo'sKinks 28th October 2010, 10:33 am

Count me in...I'm using castor oil mixed with a few drops of rosemary and peppermint oils. I think it's working....

Last edited by Rudo'sKinks on 4th November 2010, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Rudo'sKinks
Rudo'sKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by tickle*me*curly 28th October 2010, 9:33 pm

i wanna be down laughoutloud
tickle*me*curly
tickle*me*curly

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianaSFleury 9th November 2010, 6:03 pm

Okay...What are we using to help with the Growth? Suggestions?
AdrianaSFleury
AdrianaSFleury

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally Nubian 21st November 2010, 4:26 pm

You can use anything of your choice. I have heard lots of things about JBCO so that maybe a place to start
naturally Nubian
naturally Nubian

https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyNubian?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 22nd November 2010, 2:46 am

I'm going to keep my eye on this thread.

Do you think using oils would help grow a hairline as well? (I know it's mentioned in the topic, but most seem to be using it to grow edges. I'm just curious if this would be beneficial for a person like myself who desperately wants to grow a hairline)
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by raherahe 27th November 2010, 8:41 pm

what is JBCCO?

raherahe

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th November 2010, 12:18 am

raherahe wrote:what is JBCCO?
JBCO=Jamaican Black Castor Oil

The brand I am familiar with is Tropical Isle. You can purchase it online. I would Google it for the best price.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 29th November 2010, 9:41 am

Hi Ladies,
best wishes with this challenge!
Earlier this year due to tension from repetive styling and stress I experience thinning of my hairline and in the front. I turned to ayurveda and began to use Baidyanath Mahabhringraj Oil every night applied directly to the problem area. I spritzed my hair with my aloe vera spritzer and applied the oil before sleeping. When my hair became wet I applied a small amount of oil to my hair, kept ends spritzed and applied oil to them to combat breakage.
After 4 weeks my hair had grown back in COMPLETELY!
I was so thrilled with this oil I was giving bottles away to particiapnts on the hairyuveda thread!!! Love it so much I had to share so I am sharing this info with you all...this stuff works (and it's completely natural which makes it even better ;-)
Happy Hair Growing,
Sharika
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 29th November 2010, 3:37 pm

Hi ButterQueen....How r u? I saw that Baidyanath Mahabhringraj Oil on buttersnbars.com today but didn't really read much about it. You wouldn't happen to have any more of those bottles to give away would you?? Surprised) My hair has also thinned out, I'm thinking due to stress from being unemployed, 4 kids, diet, hard water...i dunno. I have been taking extra care of it though so things seem better. I also ordered their grow my hair cream because there were nothing but good reviews of it. Anyway....ttyl Surprised) And what kinda cake is that? made for Thanksgiving? I made an apple cake that got gone quick!!! Always does!!! Smile
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 29th November 2010, 5:19 pm

I would like to participate in this challenge even though I am a lil late Im just trying to figure out how to post a pic but Im up for the challenge
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianaSFleury 30th November 2010, 12:38 pm

Just wanted to post an updated pic of my edges (1 month). I have been using Castor Oil and also purchased Dr. Miracle Follicule Pomade which has Jojoba, Tea Tree and Castor Oil.

Picture taken on 11/24/10.
AdrianaSFleury
AdrianaSFleury

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudo'sKinks 1st December 2010, 7:57 am

Looking good, AdrianaSFleury
Rudo'sKinks
Rudo'sKinks

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 1st December 2010, 9:52 am

misskris wrote:Hi ButterQueen....How r u? I saw that Baidyanath Mahabhringraj Oil on buttersnbars.com today but didn't really read much about it. You wouldn't happen to have any more of those bottles to give away would you?? Surprised) My hair has also thinned out, I'm thinking due to stress from being unemployed, 4 kids, diet, hard water...i dunno. I have been taking extra care of it though so things seem better. I also ordered their grow my hair cream because there were nothing but good reviews of it. Anyway....ttyl Surprised) And what kinda cake is that? made for Thanksgiving? I made an apple cake that got gone quick!!! Always does!!! Smile
Hi misskris!
All is well ;-). Since the baidyanath is pretty hard to come by I've given out all my freebie bottles (its takes nearly 3 months to import it!) If your thinning whether it be all over r your edges or in a 'trouble spot' that's the stuff. Thats actually a sour cream coffee cake, but I jazz it up a little and put a crumb topping on it, made it on a whim at about 7 in the morning, lol.
Take care and email me if you have any ??s Surprised
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st December 2010, 12:18 pm

@ butterqueen...thanks. that's good to know about that Baidyanath Mahabhringraj oil. So if I need it I can get it from buttersnbars. there are SO many diff things to try though. I JUST orderes some jojoba oil, rosemary eo and castor oil. So if all this doesn't help I may turn to the Baidyanath Mahabhringraj. 3 weeks?? Wow. Is that an Indian oil? I'll have to research it more. Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 1st December 2010, 12:32 pm

Mahabhringraj or Maka is an Indian Ayurvedic, you should come over and read about it a bit more on the 'hairyuveda thread' or the ayurveda101 thread you'll get some great recipes and ideas for usage and deep condition treatments using all natural ayurvedic powders. There are some others but the baidyanath is based in sesame oil and is very thick and potent, it absorbs quickly and leaves the hair soft. I was beside myself when I ran out before the new shipment came in Sad
But it's back in stock and hopefully we wont run out again(it is a definite keeper Wink
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st December 2010, 12:40 pm

oh ok cool. and LOL and your sad guy!! I can imagine that was really annoying waiting when you needed it!!! It's amazing how you learn so much new stuff when your hair is diff. (well I have been natural for almost 15 yrs but am JUST now learning most of this stuff.)
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by llcarr 5th December 2010, 1:40 am

It's way too late for me to join but I look forward to everyone's progress. I would like to order that Baidyanath Mahabhringraj oil. I am using a homemade castor oil mix for now. My edges (especially on the right side) fell out after I was trying to touch up my colored hair. I have been wearing wigs since the incident, almost 4 months now. Yes, it's that bad! So hopefully, you all have fantastic results, I need any advice I can get!
llcarr
llcarr

http://www.lashaycarr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EastAfricanCurly 7th December 2010, 11:04 am

I'm gonna mix JBCO with peppermint oil. Just got my JBCO a few hours ago and before I was using mustard oil and peppermint oil and I felt as though something was happening but I will keep track with photo's. Hopefully it'll work!

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by thehfxgrrl 7th December 2010, 5:46 pm

Emu oil

thehfxgrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down