CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair)

+13
priceless
coilykinks
AfrikanLatina
TheRYL1
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
CurlsGalore
krazy coils
curly-me-naturally
mstokes2008
naturalmommyGA
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair)

Post by naturalmommyGA 9th June 2010, 9:43 pm

krazy coils wrote:Cute style! Your hair is so full and thick!

Thanks, but it's crazy b/c I feel the opposite! Your hair looks thick to me! I am really trying to practice twisting my hair, but I am not yet comfortable wearing them outside my house.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Empty Re: My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair)

Post by NubieNatty 9th June 2010, 10:59 pm

you'll get comfortable soon enuff, i used to want to perfect em too but i just cant get my back up to par to save my life and im too lazy to NOT wear em out!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th June 2010, 11:18 pm

I agree you will get comfortable wearing them out just keep practicing My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 13th June 2010, 9:50 pm

HELLO! I love your hair. I wish I knew how to flat twists. And I remember feeling the same way you feel about my twists. I kept practicing and now they are better. So good luck with twisting, and practice makes perfect.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 13th June 2010, 10:28 pm

Heather,

Your hair looks great. Amazing growth and nice curls. My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 17th June 2010, 11:45 pm

coilykinks wrote:HELLO! I love your hair. I wish I knew how to flat twists. And I remember feeling the same way you feel about my twists. I kept practicing and now they are better. So good luck with twisting, and practice makes perfect.

Renny wrote:Heather,

Your hair looks great. Amazing growth and nice curls. My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Thanks Ladies!! I will be giving you guys a update this weekend! My life has been crazy busy with a family reunion this past weekend and this is my last week of the quarter for school My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_study . So, I have spent a lot of time working on my final paper..it will all be over on tomorrow!!! So until then!!
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 20th June 2010, 10:13 pm

Hola Mamacitas!! I have been MIA for about a week or more due to school and family events! I had a family reunion last weekend and basically wore my hair in a twist out. Sorry I don't have any pictures we were in a park for cook out and it was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_evil

So fast forward to this week I bought some Shea butter, Vegetable Glycerin, and Apricot Kernel Oil. I like trying different oils and usually I stick to coconut, sweet almond, or the Hot Six Oil. But wanted to try the Apricot Kernel Oil because on the bottle its said that it is rich in essential fatty
acids...its ideal treatment for skin and hair. Sooo I said why not try
it, so far so good!!

I decided to whip me some of my Shea Butter. I used about 4 oz. of Shea butter, 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Glycerin, and two tablespoons of the Apricot Kernel Oil. I like vegetable glycerin during the summer months due to the moisture it gives my hair.

As for my hair I washed it on Thursday and stretched it with braids. Then I decided to two strand twist. The only way I am going to get better is to practice. I am trying to wear my more protective styles. After I twisted it I really didn't like how it looked while it was down, so I decided to pin it up. This is the first time I have worn my hair out of the house while it was still in twists (I am making progress)! lol

I am going to try to keep my hair like this for a week, wash it, and twist it back up. I want to go and get my hair done again by very talented lady name Kyomi @ The Good Hair Shop in Lithonia, GA. She did my hair about 6 months ago and I LOVED it.

I went to church to today and it was very good. The pastor spoke on Handling Stress God's Way. Which is much needed for my life these days!

Well I hope you ladies have a good week!!

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 03411

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 03710

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 03610
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th June 2010, 10:23 pm

Hey Naturalmommy,

Your pinup is looking good!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 20th June 2010, 10:27 pm

Thanks!! My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_biggrin I am trying Krazy Coils!
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th June 2010, 10:28 pm

Your hair looks fabulous. I bet the apricot oil smell divine.

Nice message from the pastor too. My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_wink
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 20th June 2010, 10:35 pm

Thanks Renny! The Apricot Oil has a light smell, but I am going to try using it with an Oil Cleansing Regimen. I will give you ladies an update about that!
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st June 2010, 12:27 am

Hey there, thanks for stopping by...your hair looks good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 24th June 2010, 11:32 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey there, thanks for stopping by...your hair looks good!

Thanks Sweet!!

My Hair Today:

So, I took my twists out because I have had them for a week and my hair is screaming WASH ME PLEASE LADY!! lol Anywho..when I went to work on Wednesday that was my first time going out with my hair still twisted although it was pinned up. I got so many compliments from everyone telling me it was cute! I was super duper excited!!! I was going to wash my hair tonight, but I am being super lazy! I will probably wash it tomorrow and twist it again. And I just realized that I am one month away from my Happily Kinky One Year Anniversary! I think I shall treat myself to a spa day next month!

My Life Today/This week:
This week has been great for me because I am out of school for a couple of weeks and I got my final grade which was as "A (Whoop Whoop)!
My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_bounce I was so excited when I saw my final project grade and my final grade in the class. My brother called and asked us (My hubby, the kid, and myself) to come to his house on Saturday to watch The World Cup game, so that should be exciting. And I want to take our son to Toy Story 3 b/c he is now becoming a Buzz Light Year fanatic!! lol

So my plan for my hair is to...
1. Pre-Poo
2. Shampoo with Giovanni (I have to got the TJ--TJ Maxx..that's what I call it to get some
3. Deep Condition (Using LeKair LustraSilk..honey...sweet almond oil)
4. Two Strand Twist pin up.

Hope you ladies are doing well!!!!
My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Herz
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 28th June 2010, 8:47 pm

Today I finally got around to washing my hair. I have been extremely lazy lately, but oh well! I co-washed with my fav's HE HH, deep conditioned with Le Kair Shea butter conditioner and Hot Six Oil mix; then I used my beloved HH as a leave in conditioner. This is the style that I decided to do today. TTYL Ladies...keep it curly!!

The Front--
My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 02310

The Back--
My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 01910
--Please ignore the busy fridge in the background!! lol
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 28th June 2010, 9:27 pm

Frig looks like mine except the stainless steel is prettier. My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_surprised

Question about your regimen on Saturday - you did a oil before you put in your leave-in? Did you seal after the leave-in?

Last edited by Renny on 28th June 2010, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling. Always typing too fast.)
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th June 2010, 10:18 pm

Today's style is too cute and I really like that! I will attempt the way you did the back that one of these days.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 28th June 2010, 11:36 pm

Renny wrote:Frig looks like mine except the stainless steel is prettier. My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_surprised

Oh my son "Must" put up his many art works on the fridge!

Question about your regimen on Saturday - you did a oil before you put in your leave-in? Did you seal after the leave-in?

I put my leave in and then sealed with oil.

krazy coils wrote:Today's style is too cute and I really like that! I will attempt the way you did the back that one of these days.

Thanks KC!! I was so shocked that my hair turned out like I wanted it to b/c usually it doesn't! lol
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 1st August 2010, 2:18 am

It's a been awhile since I posted life has been BUSY!!! Anywho's I reached my one year anniversay of being natural on July 28th! Time flew by soooo quick! Thus far, I am very happy with my decision to go natural I only wished I would have done it earlier. Let's see what I have bought..oh yeaher! I bought a sample or travel size of Yes to Carrots Cond. from Tar-get and I LOVE IT! I am thinking about going to buy the larger bottle sometime soon.

As far as my hair is concerned, I am still trying to wear protective styles during the week and wear my hair out on the weekends. However, it's been so freaking hot My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Icon_sunny here in GA those protective styles have been worn through the weekend also! I am going to try to better posting, but I get LAZY! I have been logging on and loving the progress of the ladies on here! Also, I am thinking about going to the Gorgeous Atlanta Natural's FB group meet up on this coming Friday. My parents are coming into town, so I want to make sure they don't have anything planned for us to do on Friday evening. I just wanted to give you ladies a quick update, now back to school work (sigh)!

My Puff--

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Hair_a11

My Protective Hair Style for this Week---Flat Twists

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Hair_a12

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Hair_a13

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Hair_a14
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

My Hair Journey (Me and My Hair) - Page 2 Empty ♥ Loving My Hair Journey♥

Post by naturalmommyGA 1st August 2010, 2:28 am

title change
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st August 2010, 2:54 am

Hi Naturalmom....

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year Natural Anniversary!!! woot!

Just want you to know that I think your hair is beautiful, and you are doing an AWESOME job styling your hair!!!

Love your twist pin up do's. I tried the one with the twists meeting in the middle, couldn't get pass the first row in the back...LOL

Well.....hope you are enjoying your weekend, and this hot weather!!1

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st August 2010, 11:44 am

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Love your flat twists, did you do yours on wet or dry hair?
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 1st August 2010, 6:48 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Naturalmom....

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year Natural Anniversary!!! woot!

Just want you to know that I think your hair is beautiful, and you are doing an AWESOME job styling your hair!!!

Love your twist pin up do's. I tried the one with the twists meeting in the middle, couldn't get pass the first row in the back...LOL

Well.....hope you are enjoying your weekend, and this hot weather!!1

KNH

Thank you KNH! Yes it's hot as all get up out there!! Smile
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 1st August 2010, 6:49 pm

krazy coils wrote:Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Love your flat twists, did you do yours on wet or dry hair?

Thanks KC! I actually twisted on dry hair b/c I get MAJOR shrinkage! However I am loving this style, so the next time I will twist on wet hair.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 1st August 2010, 9:32 pm

Hello Natural Mom,

I've been lazy about blogging too. It's been awhile for me as well. Your hair looks great.

I'm thinking about attending the Atlanta Gorgeous Naturals meet up as well. Not sure yet. Have to work out child care.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2