CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I crossed over to the dark side

+39
Naturally Esq
curlytee
Renny
snappynappy
Miz B
NaturalNixon
TerraD
priceless
ktoliver5303
NikG20
NhappyJackie
MissNaturalBeautii
naturallydestined
mrsrenaissance
EmbracingNaturalMe
JazmineB
lucky7
DreamMerchant
DivinelyDesigned
zanajh
bholmes87
hippychic
NewlyNina
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Juices-n-Berries
LaToya28
kim
PanaR3dd
lexibugg004
LadyMika
Muz
Karyn
lena73
DvaAuNaturel
Ms.Fenty
Music8192
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
43 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I crossed over to the dark side - Page 2 Empty Re: I crossed over to the dark side

Post by NewlyNina 7th June 2010, 5:31 pm

Erica5417 wrote:Newlynina, thanks for checking out the blog! Please keeping and commenting. With everything I have going on right now (relocating, job search) I didn't really have time to baby my hair like it would need to be taken care of with the damage.

Will do!

But I completely understand because hair care is a lot of work.
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

I crossed over to the dark side - Page 2 Empty Re: I crossed over to the dark side

Post by Karyn 7th June 2010, 6:51 pm

I'm still waiting for the "jk" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 7th June 2010, 6:59 pm

Karyn wrote:I'm still waiting for the "jk" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Me too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Girl don't let us make you feel guilty though!!! You already know we're obsessed with the kinks and curls! Your hair looks fab either way and even though we all ADORE your gorgeous fro, we support you dear!!!!!!! That hair looks like it's swanging though Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 7th June 2010, 8:19 pm

SOOOO.... Erica...When are you going to BC?...lol...(it really beautiful!!!)
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinelyDesigned 7th June 2010, 8:22 pm

Looks nice to me. Kudos for doing what you feel is best for you.
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 7th June 2010, 8:48 pm

You guys are amazing! Thanks so much for supporting me! @zanajh, I am thinking about it! I saw this beautiful natural sista today and missed my fro so bad.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th June 2010, 9:38 pm

Whatever your decision, we got your back Erica. Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th June 2010, 9:50 pm

Your new relaxed hair looks so shiny and bouncy! It looks fantastic on you!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky7 7th June 2010, 10:24 pm

Your relaxed hair looks gorgeous and thick!
lucky7
lucky7

Back to top Go down

Post by zanajh 7th June 2010, 10:52 pm

DivinelyDesigned wrote:Looks nice to me. Kudos for doing what you feel is best for you.
gorgeous waves......woww!!
zanajh
zanajh

http://islandgirlnappiness.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 7th June 2010, 11:13 pm

dont feel bad, its never too late to go back. thats the beauty of hair, it keeps growing so if you get tired of a perm or whatever, you can just get new hair. =]

You are not ugly so I think you will look good no matter what hairstyle you have
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 7th June 2010, 11:22 pm

Your relaxed hair looks so healthy and shiny. You looked great as a natural and you look great relaxed. You just do you. Be happy with the decision you have made. "To think own self be true". I wish you well. Be blessed.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 7th June 2010, 11:52 pm

I think it looks great both ways. Whatever makes you happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Love the layers!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 8th June 2010, 3:05 am

I hate to say this but I think you'll be back. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 8th June 2010, 9:24 am

I'm loving how your relaxed hair is so healthy and shiny. But I have to agree with naturalydestined, I think you will miss the curls and you will be back when the time is right. As for now, enjoy your relaxed hair!!!
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 8th June 2010, 12:32 pm

Trust me, I already miss my curls. That's why it was so hard to see them in such bad shape after the heat damage.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th June 2010, 12:33 pm

^^ heat damage does suck....i totally hate the heat damage that i have, but thank GOD its phasing out by my trims....just dont let anything be a deterrent next time....im sure there may be other issues that arise when you come back to the natural side [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but do it at your own pace, no one elses!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 8th June 2010, 12:57 pm

AAWWWEEE!!!!! And I have clicking on your youtube lately looking for vids LOL!!! But you and your hair are still beautiful. And it looks so healthy which matters the most.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th June 2010, 2:08 pm

I know Phoenix will rise from the ashes again! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 8th June 2010, 4:30 pm

Ok I'm confused because people are acting like you're kidding (or maybe they hope you're kidding?) but I am going to take this serious. I, like others, am shocked. I am very surprised to see that you decided to relax your hair. Your natural hair was absolutely beautiful. I didn't read about your heat damage but I'm sorry to hear about that. I would imagine this was not an easy decision at all. Good luck with everything. Still hope to see you posting.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 8th June 2010, 4:50 pm

NikG, I think some people hope I'm kidding or maybe they remember Mahogany's April Fool's joke. But I let someone at a salon flat iron it and when i realized how straight it was, I thought for sure it had to be damaged because he got it really straight. It wasn't until I washed it a week later that I realized how damaged it was. The first few times I cowashed there was absolutely no curl so I just kept cowashing and deep conditioning. It eventually started to curl but the curls were really big and loose. Some people were actually saying they liked it better that way but I liked my tight corkscrews. Once it dried, I saw that there were also lots of straight pieces and my hair just didn't feel right. Perhaps at a different time in life, I would have had the time and patience to nurture her back to health but this is a really busy time for us. The good news is that it only took me a year to get the growth I had so whenever I decide to go back natural, I'll be so much more educated and prepared.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 9th June 2010, 2:30 am

Awwwww.. I will truly miss the fro and curls. You have a lot going on in your world so I completely understand. You do have to do right for you and I can say that your hair looked very healthy relaxed. We got your back..

***side note**

How long do you think you will transition before you BC again?

LOL j/k!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 9th June 2010, 3:08 am

I was not that far along from doing the same thing. After transitioning for a yr and being natural for 3 wks I decided to flat iron my hair and had the same results, heat damage. I decided to cut the back of my hair off pretty much shaved and cut the sides down real low. It was so hard not to jus perm it cause i lossed more then 3in. to some people that is nothing but to me that was like 3 months of growth
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th June 2010, 4:49 am

AWw, sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . We will miss your curls, but we're always here for you. Especially if you decide to transition [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 9th June 2010, 10:46 am

NOOOOOOOO Erica! Say it ain't so!!!

I think you will be back SOON and your hair is still CUTE with it relaxed. You have to do what is right for you doll!! Even if it mean letting Phoenix go. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next