CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Queen

+3
Queen
desma natural in combat
*CurlyNikki*
7 posters

Go down

Ask Queen Empty Ask Queen

Post by *CurlyNikki* 12th November 2009, 2:59 pm

Got questions for the hilarious, and gorgeous Queen? Ask them here Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by *CurlyNikki* on 13th November 2009, 5:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Ask Queen Empty Re: Ask Queen

Post by desma natural in combat 12th November 2009, 5:04 pm

Thank you for the product review for Organix Nourshing Coconut Milk Conditioner. I was at Target the other day and saw the leave in spray. I'm about to deploy in a few days, so it will be awhile before i can try it out. But i was wondering have you given it a try and if so did you like it?
Thanks! Your pics look great!

desma natural in combat

http://naturalsistaincombat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen 12th November 2009, 7:06 pm

Hi desma! First let me thank you for all you do in service to our country. I know it is not easy and I appreciate you.

I actually have it in my arsenal. I poured it half into a squirt bottle and added water. I've been using this mix to make my wash 'n gos last since it's cold here now. I like it a lot actually and it smells divine! I will caution you, put a towel or something down on the floor because this stuff is slippery. My husband walked in the bathroom, nearly busted is ass and swore I was out to get him. That crap was so funny!!

Thanks for the compliment...I'll be adding more after the weekend.

Be safe and let us know how you're doing as often as you are able....
Queen
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by desma natural in combat 12th November 2009, 7:22 pm

Thank you for replying so quickly! I just started a blog naturalsistaincombat.blogspot, and as soon as I get settled on my FOB, I'll add updates and pics. I can't wait to try all of the products I found on curlynikki! I've learned so much from her site!
Thanks again!

Desma

desma natural in combat

http://naturalsistaincombat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CombatCurls 21st December 2009, 8:52 pm

Hi Queen,

Can a leave-in conditioner and a moisturizer be used interchangeably? Is there really a difference?
CombatCurls
CombatCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by rnewsome 14th March 2010, 2:42 am

what product would you recommend for a DC Oyin products or Mazani deep conditioner? after a henna(no color).

Also do you recommend an ACV after a henna and DC?

will this henna reciepe work
henna 200g
green tea
honey
coconut milk
alma OIL.

wrap hair overnight, rinse in the a.m use one of the conditioners posted above and then use an ACV?
or then use a water based conditioner( please list the water based products you recommend)
a sealant(please list those too......)

look forward to your reply [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rnewsome
rnewsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen 30th March 2010, 1:23 pm

@ CombatCurls... girl I am so sorry for taking this long to respond. To answer your question, yes. Leave-ins are essentially moisturizers. Also, you can always use your fav conditioner as a leave-in as well. I love Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle to co-wash with and to leave-in. When I use it as a leave-in I may run a little water into the palm of my hand after I've squeezed it into my then apply to my hair. It has never failed me.

Hope this helps!
Queen
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen 30th March 2010, 1:38 pm

@rnewsome... Hey! I don't use Oyin products. No reason...just never tried them. As for ACV rinses, I personally am indifferent. In other words they didn't have that WOW factor that I've experienced with other techniques. I just think it was too acidic for my hair....it left my hair squeaky...literally. After henna, I use Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment as a DC or Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle.

My henna mix is 3 simple ingredients:
--Jamila 250g
--Certified organic jojoba oil
--green tea
That's it. I used to think mixes a lot of this and that made better results but I've found that keeping it simple has my hair thriving. The jojoba is rich with moisturizing nutrients and helps give the henna a nice texture. I also believe keeping the ingredients to a minimum actually gives the henna the ability to work its magic without interference.

As I stated above, I use the Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treat to DC. I let it sit for 15 min then sit under the dryer for 15 min. I rinse that out then use Giovanni 50/50 Deep Moisturizing conditioner as a leave-in and Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. That's it.

Let me know if I can help with anything else....

Thanks for posting!
Queen
Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th May 2010, 1:07 pm

Thank you so much for the Victoria's Secret lip gloss recommendation. I am loving them!!!! I have even put in Christmas requests already, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leta 18th August 2010, 1:48 pm

Hi Queen, I'm in the transitioning stage, my hair is cut short and I am 2 months post perm. I usually go to the hairdresser every 2 weeks, but had to skip my last appointment. The regimen that i have is -- I wash with creme of nature shampoo and i condition it with cholesterol. Let it air dry at night and then in the morning i put in the olive oil mousse. My hair seems to be working with the mousse, despite the perm on the ends, but my hair is dry. What can i use to moisturize it until i return to my hairdresser?
Leta
Leta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down