CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC

+2
Pinkrage
Veela
6 posters

Go down

Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC Empty Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC

Post by Veela 21st January 2010, 1:59 pm

Hi Guys,
I do my hair for the most part, but I would like to find a good stylist I can go to whenever I want to change it up or just be pampered. Sooo. please give a shot out of your favorite natural stylist. Please advise what is it that they do or have done to your hair and why you liked it so much.

I would love to find someone who takes the time to comb our hair the way we have been taught from the natural websites to comb it and treat it carefully. Also, someone who just gets it and understand the difference in dealing with natural hair veruse relaxed hair.

I would like to find someone who is reasonably priced, but if they are really good, I will pay extra for service and expertise.

THX! and pleas be detailed..
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC Empty Re: Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC

Post by Pinkrage 22nd January 2010, 12:12 pm

http://naturalstylesbylisa.com/

I go to Lisa. What I LOVE about Lisa is that 90% of her clientele is natural. Therefore, she really takes her time when she does your hair. She detangles your hair properly. She is AWESOME.

She is great with straight and natural styles. I owe my natural status to her for convincing me to not relax anymore.

I think her prices are average $40/45 depending on what you are getting done. Of course a spiral set is a little more.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC Empty Re: Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC

Post by Veela 22nd January 2010, 12:20 pm

Thanks Pinkrage! It's nice to see she's natural as well. woot!
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by shenell2009 24th January 2010, 2:45 am

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to this Natural Journey! There are days I'm apprehensive and other days, I'm so glad I'm where I am! Anyway, I go to Yesenia @ Always A Head and she is awesome! She is full of knowledge and takes her time and her prices are reasonable! The shop is at 207-B N. Myers Street, Charlotte NC 28202 and the number is 704.348.1099. She is able to complete a lot of styles, including Sisterlocks! Hope this helps someone!

With Love,
Shenell
"Naturally Complex"
shenell2009
shenell2009

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 24th January 2010, 11:55 pm

I've been to Lisa, she's good, but it's pretty hard to get an appt w/her. I went to her to get my hair flat ironed once & it took 4 hrs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just don't have that kind of extra time.

Now I don't go to the salon nearly as often as I used too, but when I do go I go to Tonya. She's natural too, knowledgeable (helping me through my transition) & respects my time. Her prices are great too.
http://www.ilovelocs.com/default.html
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 25th January 2010, 12:41 am

Lisa now has an assistant. She is busy during the holidays but on average I am out of there in 2 hrs.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 25th January 2010, 1:29 am

My cousin, Tamika, owns a shop in Charlotte called 33 Fingers Salon. Sorry I don't have more info but she's very good Smile

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 25th January 2010, 9:40 am

Thx guys, for all of the wonderful info guys.
@Q, I've heard of 33 Fingers Salon. Back when I was transitioning (12-2008) I went there and purchased some Miss Jessie's products. I didn't realize they did natural hair.
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 25th January 2010, 3:47 pm

Veela, yes they do natural hair, the owner is natural. She recently started a blog but I don't have the link right now. I'll try to post it later.

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 25th January 2010, 3:53 pm

oh please do. If they are still located over in the University area, that would be extremely convenient, I work and live in this area. I would love to see her blog just so I can see how she talking. I have to do my research before I settle on someone.

Has she ever done your hair? And can u tell us details about what she does? What is it that makes her good?
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 25th January 2010, 4:06 pm

@Shenell..I think I've heard of Yesenia. Does she do the Dominican Blow outs?
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by shenell2009 25th January 2010, 4:48 pm

Hi Veela,
She does do Dominican Blow outs! I have not gotten my hair blown out, but she very easy to talk to and you should call her to get more information. She has styled my hair in a flexi rod set and double strand twists and I really liked both.
shenell2009
shenell2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 25th January 2010, 5:02 pm

yes, I've seen her website. I talked to another girl a long time a go that was going to her to get a blow out done. After I researched those blow outs, I decided against it due to the high amts of heat they use. But I didn't realize she did other natural do's. Thx Shenell, great info!
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 25th January 2010, 5:47 pm

Oh, that's good to know Pinkrage! Now 2 hrs I can do [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 26th January 2010, 2:14 am

@veela...well she's family so I'm just promoting her shop. lol. I'm truly trying to get down there so she can do my BC =)

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 26th January 2010, 1:45 pm

I can understand that. Make sure you post plenty of pics of your big chop. And ask your cousin to join this site so she can post too..
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 26th January 2010, 3:59 pm

Ladies, I posted the pics from our gathering. Go to the Clt Meet-up thread to view.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 26th January 2010, 4:40 pm

Yes, Thx Pinkrage, those are great!
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Natural hairstylists in Charlotte, NC Empty Salons in Queen City

Post by Carolinagurl 28th January 2010, 6:20 pm

There is an all natural salon off the intersection on Central Ave and the Plaza Road called Lockstar on McClintock Road.. All the stylists are natural and reasonably priced. My stylist name is Monica who is excellent but she is due for maternity leave by Feb. One other stylist who did my hair was Tika but all of them are good IMO. Oh there website is www.lockstarsalon.com, Good Luck you won't be disappointed.
Carolinagurl
Carolinagurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 29th January 2010, 1:47 am

here's the link to her blog...she just started it. enjoy Smile
http://naturally33kinkycurlyhair.blogspot.com/

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Veela 29th January 2010, 9:40 am

Thanks guys
Veela
Veela

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 30th January 2010, 2:16 am

Lockstar is HIGH to me! I never paid $75 for a hair do when I was permed and I am not about to start now. That is ridiculous.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down