CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queen Sheba

+9
QuietButterfly
DivaDreamgirl
priceless
BlondeByDesire
poeticlyspkng
cyclingchick
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
QueenSheba
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Queen Sheba Empty Meet Queen Sheba

Post by QueenSheba 25th January 2011, 3:03 pm

My hair journey is different than other stories I’ve read on CN. I became natural due to pregnancy. My beautician told me that relaxers don’t work as well on pregnant women’s hair. So I took her advice and went without and straighten my hair by flat ironing. For about eleven months I was off the creamy crack. I loved my hair!! It was full and growing like crazy—mostly due to the vitamins. It was great no more burning scalp and thin hair. Until I ran out of funds to visit my beautician and my trouble began. My flat irons were not getting it and I didn’t own a wide tooth comb. So I went back to the creamy crack. As soon as I did it I regretted it. That was May of 2009 and that was my last relaxer (just found the rest of that same relaxer under the sink-need to clean). I was still straitening my hair and became feed up with that. So for about nine months or so I was in braids and sew-ins. In May of 2010 I wore my first puff!!!! I still had a few relaxed ends since I’ve just been trimming them away. I pick out my hair and let my mother in law cut off the rest of my ends-check out my avatar. That was around the same time that I found Curly Nikki. Since then I’ve been learning more about my hair and trying new things!

Still not sure how to post pic's
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Queen Sheba Empty Re: Queen Sheba

Post by NylaCoils 25th January 2011, 4:09 pm

Welcome to curl street.
There is an post about adding pics- do a search :-) hopefully that will help
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th January 2011, 8:41 pm

Welcome to curlstreet!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 25th January 2011, 10:39 pm

Welcome! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 25th January 2011, 11:37 pm

thanks so much!! Im trying to upload pic's so I hope this works.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 26th January 2011, 11:37 am

Welcome! Can't wait to see new pics!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th January 2011, 4:36 pm

welcome and still waiting on those pic ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 26th January 2011, 7:20 pm

just checking.

Queen Sheba Relaxe14

Queen Sheba Short_13

Queen Sheba Short_13
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 26th January 2011, 7:23 pm

Ok so I'm slowly getting the hang of this. The first picture is me with relaxed hair. The second is a sew-in when I was transitioning. The pic below is a pic at a formal ball.

Queen Sheba Ball_214
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 27th January 2011, 12:31 am

great pics welcome to the block. Hope that this site is as helpful you as it is to me. I have learned alot on this site and i love that i am still learning.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Queen Sheba Empty My first wash-n-go

Post by QueenSheba 31st January 2011, 10:35 pm

My first wash-n-go!!!!!! I love it. Never knew my hair could do this. But, I had to put it in a puff and run out of the house before it dried. Next time I'll have to let it air dry to see how much it shrinks. The only products I used was hair conditioner and a little coconut oil.

Queen Sheba Dsc00310
Queen Sheba Dsc00311Queen Sheba Dsc00312
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 31st January 2011, 11:33 pm

Welcome!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 1st February 2011, 1:25 am

@ Diva- Thanks.....I named her Queen Sheba!!! lol
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Queen Sheba Empty Winter Regiment

Post by QueenSheba 7th February 2011, 3:00 pm

Winter hair care regimen:

Cleanse:

Wash hair once a month with shampoo

C0-wash every week or weak in a half.

Product--Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.

Condition:

Deep condition with conditioner, honey, and evoo after wash or co-wash (under dryer for at least 30min.)

Products--Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, Aussie Moist, Cholesterol with honey and EVOO

Moisturize:

Shea butter mix as needed (shea butter, aloevera gel, coco butter, coconut oil, honey, and tea tree oil)

Beautiful Beginnings hair loltion

Oils (Sealants):

EVOO, Coconut oil, Carrot oil

Scalp:

Mix of EVOO and Coconut oil

Hair Styles:

Protective hair styles; twists, mini twists, braids, buns, tam tam.

Queen Sheba Dsc00316Queen Sheba Dsc00317Queen Sheba Dsc00318

Trying out bagging mid-week to retain moisture inbetween wash day. I'll see how that goes....hope this works. I dont want Sheba to break off.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 7th February 2011, 4:05 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!!! I'm loving that protective style.....I'm gonna have to figure out how to duplicate that!! Very Happy
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Queen Sheba Empty Random thoughts

Post by QueenSheba 8th February 2011, 10:15 pm

So Sheba is dry and I have to figure out how to quench her thirst. I was on this low maintence and low cost kick but I find myself undoing my hair to moisturize. I tried bagging but, maybe I did it wrong. I'll try this again tonight.

When I first began dealing with my natual hair I ran out and bought the tui collection from Carol's Daughter. It was great but after that was gone I tried other other products. Now that I've done my research and found that sulfates and silicones damage my hair I avoid them. Right now I'm doing the the conditioner only method with Natures Gate jojoba conditioner and use Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol cream. I will discontinue the use of the Lustersilk cream to see if that is to blame and try another moisturizer. I think it's time to front the bill and get my Carol's Daughter back.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th February 2011, 12:34 am

I was looking at all your styles above and they look wonderful. You are doing a great job. I see you are in Nashville and the cold weather/dry climate/indoor heat/headgear without a satin scarf underneath can contribute to dryness.

Also, any new products? If so, closely scrutinize the ingredients and look up the ones you are unfamiliar with. You may need to step up the moisturizer and use moist heat. FYI: tea tree oil is not a moisturizer and can cause dryness

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2011, 4:56 pm

Welcome!! I love your Protective styles!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 10th February 2011, 7:53 pm

naturallynola wrote:I was looking at all your styles above and they look wonderful. You are doing a great job. I see you are in Nashville and the cold weather/dry climate/indoor heat/headgear without a satin scarf underneath can contribute to dryness.

Also, any new products? If so, closely scrutinize the ingredients and look up the ones you are unfamiliar with. You may need to step up the moisturizer and use moist heat. FYI: tea tree oil is not a moisturizer and can cause dryness

Your right I didnt think about all of the dry heat from the house and work that could be whats doing me in. the tea tree oil I only use when my scalp is irritated and itchy. Thanks so much
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Queen Sheba Empty Queen Sheba

Post by QueenSheba 15th February 2011, 7:18 pm

So I've been wearing my hair in protective styles since October and at first I had problems with hair loss. I would twist my hair and when I get to the ends there would be a lump of hair at the tips. So of course I freaked out!!! So for a while I just bunned or french braided my hair (pictures in earlier post). So after watching countless youtube videos (msvaughn, msmeechy, longhairdontcare2011, and many more) I learned to properly detangle my hair. I detangled before but I guess not well enough. So what happened was that the I was detangling but I was not detangling enough to free the shedding hair. What a relief!!!!

In other news I started to braid my hair in single box braids. I find that this last longer and looks better days after I put them in. My twist only look good for about three days. I'm going to try to keep this style for two to three weeks. To change it up this week I'll put in some rods to have some spiral curls and if the braids still look good next week I'll put in some rollers to have some curls.

Queen Sheba Dsc00319

Queen Sheba Dsc00320
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Queen Sheba Empty warm weather!!!

Post by QueenSheba 17th February 2011, 2:31 am

I think the high for today was around 70!!! last summer I had no idea what a wash n go was and I was unaware of the importance of moisture. I treated my hair as if it was still relaxed and put the same old stuff in like it would work. Sheba looked liked a dirty tumble weed on my head last summer. This time around I'm ready!!! Due to a hair challenge I bound to my protective styles until April 1. So until then I'll be looking for some curl definer/moisturizer that would keep my hair soft and curly. Here's my wish list of being a product junky this summer.

1. Carol's Daughter hair milk trio
2. Carol's Daugheter love your hair collection
3. Jane Carter's curl defining creme
4. Deva curl-any collection
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 25th February 2011, 2:19 am

So just disregard my previous post. I have fell in love with SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie hair cream!!! My hair is so soft and smells great!!! After I use up my sulfate free shampoo and condish I'll be buying from their line!!!

In other news I've been bunning my hair this week. I'll post pics soon.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 2:32 am

hey QS!! i love ur story, thats funny u mention the whole perm + preggers thingy cuz i always thought it was crazy on how folks think perm can seep into ur bloodstream n effect the baby Rolling Eyes i dont believe those kinda myths so i continued to get me a fresh perm throughout my pregnancy n didnt have any ill effects, lol. im loving how u stumbled upon bein natural though and ur hair is goooooooorgeous! i too love the tui collection and the good part is keep it simple! i was such a product junkie (pj) in the beginning it was ridick!!! all my hard earned money ended up goin to swaps at curly meetups n mailing off packages to fellow curlies. i just bc'd the 2nd time and IF i decide to grow it back out, im keepin it simple n just goin with what i KNOW my hair likes!

good job on the PS styles cuz i know ur busy as a new mom chasin after that baby, lol n ur wngo's are looking fab!! enjoy!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 1st March 2011, 12:03 am

@NubieNatty----lol seeping into the blood stream??? I never thought that. Besides my beautician a few of my relative had a hard time with relaxers while pregnant. It just didnt get their hair straight as before they were pregnant. so I didnt even try it.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2011, 5:23 am

Hello,
Love the wash n go and your protective style up do is too cute. I love that! Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next