CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Queen & I

+4
jlowman1
rayray19
Russet
KinkyHeadSwag
8 posters

Go down

The Queen & I Empty The Queen & I

Post by KinkyHeadSwag 17th February 2011, 9:41 pm

Hey everybody,
A little bit about me...
I am 26, a wife, mom & student (nursing) second time natural. I BC in 2006 but I didn't know the 1st thing about my hair or its needs. Defeated I went back to Mizani! Embarassed Fast forward. In June 2010 I cut my hair in a bob it was nice. Then I thought I could go shorter so I shaved the back. That was also nice. But the Texas heat & relaxed hair are not & will never be friends! I decided to start transitioning in July. Well it was going good. In August two weeks after my birthday I lost my grandfather Sad my grandmothers cancer came back, they played the role of mother & father. I became inverted & depressed. Classes on campus started, I attended in robot mode. study Nothing mattered. Sunday September 26, 2010 was my 1st BC. Whatever could be gripped with scissors was cut away. When my hubby came home he was like omg scratch you cut your hair. After the initial shock wore off for him the next day...he fixed it for me evening it out and lining it up. Every other week I was getting hair cuts until December 2010, my head was cold & I was ready for something different.

woot!

Its been a love story ever since. I named my TWA Cleopatra queen hence the Queen & I as the title. There is never a bad hair day she puts out whatever I decide to put in. Its a give & take. Being natural I have experienced many different tones of like & dislike toward by nautral hair. You know the compliment but insults....Oh it looks good on you but you definitely shouldnt...Its cute but.... lol!

My products as of now with the TWA: I co-wash with either Pantene's Relaxed & Natural or Silk(y) Elements ,lol, from Sally's. I used SE previously while I was relaxed never let me down. As fas as a leave in, Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Leave-in H2 mixed with Hask Placenta Leave-in original. To deep condition I keeps it old school, lol I use Lustrasilk Placenta & Jojoba Oil Cholesterol, my hair loves it. For oils to seal any EVOO & Organix nourishing coconut milk anti-breakage serum, its amazing & smells soooo yummy. It keep my curls popping all day, I add a nickle size of Eco-Styler Firm hold pink gel.

I co-wash(only time I comb it) my hair every 3-4 days because I have an addiction to how it feels. Reminds me of when I was younger without relaxers playing in the rain. run Satin pillowcase & bonnet. No heat.

Thanks for reading if you did, SSL,
The Queen & I <====(Sha`na)

https://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/KinkyHeadSwag/hair%20today%20gone%20tomorrow/?albumview=slideshow
KinkyHeadSwag
KinkyHeadSwag

Back to top Go down

The Queen & I Empty Re: The Queen & I

Post by Russet 17th February 2011, 9:57 pm

Although I love the bobs and the short relaxed do's, I absolutely LOVE your BC. For some reason when women BC no matter how short they go, they look absolutely beautiful regardless of texture or curl pattern. It's as if their true beauty, facial features and all just POP. Effortless beauty Wink
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyHeadSwag 17th February 2011, 11:06 pm

tHANK yOU MUCH, sorry it was so long but I think the background is need to give readers a bit more understanding. I am trying to get were you are as far as length is concerned. I love your avatar. Very Happy
KinkyHeadSwag
KinkyHeadSwag

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 18th February 2011, 3:12 am

your BC looks stunning on you!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th February 2011, 12:19 pm

rayray19 wrote:your BC looks stunning on you!!

I agree, it looks great on you! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th February 2011, 12:25 pm

Your hair looks great! Thanks for sharing, I cant wait to follow your journey.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 18th February 2011, 4:37 pm

its so funny you named your hair Cleapatra. I named my hair Queen Sheba!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by njfree 19th February 2011, 1:49 am

cute pic and earrings.
njfree
njfree

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyHeadSwag 19th February 2011, 7:42 pm

Thanks Ladies you all are truly inspirational. Each unique in your own curly way.
KinkyHeadSwag
KinkyHeadSwag

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 24th February 2011, 7:16 pm

Welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content