CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cassia Mix

4 posters

Go down

Cassia Mix Empty Cassia Mix

Post by cutie_curli 11th May 2010, 10:38 pm

I just bought some cassia and I am excited about trying it. (I thought I should start basic and then work my way up to henna since I have never done this before. Plus I dont know if I want a reddish tint on my hair. I like black hair. lol) However, I need to find a mix for the cassia dye. I have been stalking out the blogs and most use water. However, I would like to use coconut milk. Will this be ok? Also do you have to let this sit for a long period of time and how long should I keep this on my hair?

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Cassia Mix Empty Re: Cassia Mix

Post by adamseve 13th June 2010, 2:58 am

bump
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 4:20 am

I honestly didn't get much benefit from cassia besides practicing for henna. I was glad I practiced though!

You can use coconut milk for the conditioning properties. You don't need to let it sit. Just stir in coconut milk until the mixture is the consistency of yogurt. Make sure your hair is clean and mostly dry. Leave on for 1 hr. Rinse thoroughly and don't cleanse afterwards.

Also, if you have black hair (like mine), henna won't change your hair color. It cannot lighten dark hair unless the hair has been chemically treated.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyscot 17th August 2010, 10:23 pm

I just used water when I used it on my daughter's hair (http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/2010/08/hair-basics-cassia-treatments.html) and it worked fine. You could probably mix in conditioner, oil, or coconut milk depending upon your preference. Her hair felt great afterwards however I did use a light conditioner (as a co-wash) to help get all of it out of her hair.
curlyscot
curlyscot

http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down