CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Cassia

4 posters

Go down

New to Cassia Empty New to Cassia

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 9:58 pm

So I just ordered some cassia and I was wondering what the best mixture would be. Most of what I have seen is for henna and I was just wondering if the same can be used for Cassia or if it needs to be something completely different?
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

New to Cassia Empty Re: New to Cassia

Post by Lynnieluve 20th February 2010, 10:44 pm

I'm "listening" too because I am interested in cassia.

JRoshelle, where did you purchase your cassia?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 10:55 pm

I got mine on amazon.com But i need to find a new seller, I actually ordered it 3 weeks ago and they hadn't processed the order until I tried to cancel it yesterday, then it was "OH we didnt see the request to cancel until after we had shipped the order" bla bla bla. So I'll have to let you know if it was worth the wait... but it was from the vender Herballoveshop

http://www.amazon.com/b/qid=1266717240?ie=UTF8&me=A1EMYRTRBHTVVG

not sure if the link will work
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th February 2010, 11:25 pm

Here is MahoganyCurls mixture....I found it in her BnB thread

75g of Cassia
1 Cup of boiling water
EVOO (didnt measure)
Honey (didnt measure)

I hope some other people will still chime in with their mixtures too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 20th February 2010, 11:41 pm

I might have to try that with out the honey, my hair doesnt like it, when I used it in my avocado mask it made my hair dry and stiff. But I was reading on Mehandi.com and it said to use just warm water for conditioning... lemon or orange juice for dying
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 21st February 2010, 2:25 am

Check out Sharika, who's a Curlynikki member at Butters & Bars next time ... http://butters-n-bars.com/bundlesandadd_ins.html. She has her own store of unrefined shea butter, henna and other products. Also, use the code "curlynikki" in the coupon code area at check out for a member discount of 10% off your order. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She lists shipping within 2-5 business days, but my order has arrived in 3 days.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Also, if you have questions, you may email Sharika at beauty4u@butters-n-bars.com and she usually responds within 24 hours. Just type in the subject area, in your case "Cassia Questions/Order".
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 21st February 2010, 12:45 pm

@ envizionj: Thank you. I will have to check her out next time.
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by TICTACTAN 21st February 2010, 9:13 pm

I used something similar to mahoganycurls and curlynikki's original cassia mix and didn't have the same issues with dryness that i did when i just used what the site reccomended(plain ole warm water...bad idea) It isn't necessary to use anything acidic(like the tea) in your Cassia mixture because you don't need the dye to release in order to recv the benefits of the treatment(unlike Henna) Cassia dye is only effective on blonde or gray hair. I lurked around the hennaforhair blog and there were alot of informative threads on Cassia. HTH! Oh yeah and you can freeze Cassia for usage for a couple of months as well(like Henna)...but they do not reccomend warming it or the Henna to thaw because you can kill the dye and reduce it's efficacy
TICTACTAN
TICTACTAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd February 2010, 1:38 am

Thanks TicTac!! Where did you purchase your cassia?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TICTACTAN 22nd February 2010, 2:27 am

http://www.butters-n-bars.com/bundlesandadd_ins.html

Buttersnbars.com. I think it is cheaper at mehandi.com, but it was a little easier to navigate through the site at buttersnbars. One package was enough for two treatments. I read one of curlynikkis henna threads from several years ago and she didn't notice a difference between the rainbow brand Cassia at Whole foods and Catherine's at mehandi.com. However, there is supposed to be a BIG difference in the Henna.
HTH!
TICTACTAN
TICTACTAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down