CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surya Henna Powder

3 posters

Go down

Surya Henna Powder Empty Surya Henna Powder

Post by CuddleCurls 11th May 2010, 1:19 pm

Hi all. I recently bought 7dollars worth of henna called Surya Henna Powder. It came with a packet of Honey, gloves, and everything. Now I've read up on multiple henna uses and usually in order to activate the dye release you need some sort of acid? Like lemon juice or green tea..but this thing is telling me to just add plain water and honey and I'm set, I can start putting it on just like that... instantly. And it tells me that I only need to leave it on for 45 minutes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Has anyone used this before and does anyone know the repercussions of leaving it on for more than 45 minutes? The ingredients checked out to be well, all natural. Amla, Shikakai, Henna.
CuddleCurls
CuddleCurls

Back to top Go down

Surya Henna Powder Empty Re: Surya Henna Powder

Post by R2D2 12th May 2010, 1:00 am

Actually many Indians only use water to mix with their henna so that is not necessarily a problem. The use of acid is mainly to get a faster dye release.

Now with Surya henna, it's not a traditional henna but a compound of natural ingredients and the henna part of it is smaller than the other ingredients I think. So I would follow their instructions rather than that used for straight 100% body art quality henna such as Jamila etc. I used the Surya hair cream version and yes, 45 mins was all that was needed for that. It left my hair feeling nicely conditioned too.

If you are uncertain though you can leave it for as long as you like. I used to sometimes leave the surya cream in for 2 hours. It won't hurt your hair like a conventional dye does.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by CuddleCurls 12th May 2010, 2:42 pm

Thanks so much R2D2. I'll have to buy a more concentrated Henna powder.
CuddleCurls
CuddleCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmee 29th November 2010, 8:09 pm

Hello...I am new to the forum, but have also been looking into henna-ing my hair. Today, I took a leap and used the Surya Henna Creme (purchased from Whole Foods) and I must say that I like the outcome. After rinsing out the creme, I deep conditioned with Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner, towel dried, and applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum and OOVO.
Kimmee
Kimmee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down