CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Big SISTER

4 posters

Go down

WANTED: Big SISTER Empty WANTED: Big SISTER

Post by WildOnce 29th April 2010, 7:38 pm

I'm a busy mommy, student and manager, looking for a Big Sister that can help me through this procces, support me when I finally do the BC and encorage me as I explore my REAL hair. Currently I'm trying to find products that are as natural as possible to mosturize my hair. I have tried some Miss Jessies and like a few, but I need a moisterizer and idk what else!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Big SISTER Empty Re: WANTED: Big SISTER

Post by WildOnce 2nd May 2010, 1:25 am

How discouraging...ppl will look but not offer to help.....I guess this is my time to persevere on my own....................
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd May 2010, 1:33 am

Give it more time. I'm sure someone will help out. The ladies on here are great. You'll get the right match eventually.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd May 2010, 2:03 am

Hi WildOnce....

I will be glad to help, but I have only been natural 100% 6 months. I transitioned for about 5 1/2 months. I think I know some one that can help you. I will PM her and I let you know...once she responds.

Not sure how this Big Sister thing works, but I would think that the person that decides to give you the support, assistance you will need should be someone that's been at this longer than 6 months!! Very Happy

Check back with you soon!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd May 2010, 2:07 am

@Wildonce, see I told you someone would come through! Now I'll just have to wait my turn on the post I made too for a big sis. Good luck.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 2nd May 2010, 2:21 am

Awwww Thank you Ladiessssssss! As I wait I guess I'll let you know what I did. I co washed with herbal essance Hello Hydration and a little of a sample conditioner I had left from Miss Jessies sample pack. Then I applied a little more of the herbal essance as a leave in and topped it with a quarter size amount of evoo. Then I put some braids in and let it dry. Although I still have 4-5in of perm the braids helped it curl a little. My hair is nice and mostirized and not oily at all. I also ordered from http://www.butters-n-bars.com/index.html. I ordered Shea, Cocoa and Mango butters, the Black Soap Shampoo that they make with peppermint and other ingredients for dry flakey scalp and there Aloe Spritzer. I cant wait to try them all! Tomorrow I am going to have my friend that is a hairdresser cut off 1 inch of my hair...I was going to cut more but my boyfriend asked me not to......lol why idk I think the is afraid that I wont have any hair. He has locs down to the middle of his back!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 2nd May 2010, 2:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi WildOnce....

I will be glad to help, but I have only been natural 100% 6 months. I transitioned for about 5 1/2 months. I think I know some one that can help you. I will PM her and I let you know...once she responds.

KNH

Well 6 months is better than no months like me!! I will take all the support I can get!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th May 2010, 2:36 pm

Hey WildOnce!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BIG CHOP!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please post picture so we can see!!! I looks like you purchased a lot of great products. I have a link on my computer at home with suggested natual hair recipes. If you are intersted. I'll post that for you tonight.

The main thing you should concentrate on right now is maintaining MOISTURE. Take you time and learn your hair. I'm here for you, and please ask any quetions not matter what.

Heck if I don't know the answer (which I might not) there are over 400 ladies here that do!!

Much love sweetie!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (I'm so excited for you)

Don't forget to post pictures as well as post in the May BC'er thread!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Big SISTER Empty Pics

Post by WildOnce 4th May 2010, 3:55 pm

I keep trying to post pictures but its not working..I click the thing... upload, host and then the picture never showes up...................
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 4th May 2010, 3:58 pm

Ok here is a pic lol idk how I got it here but here it is[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th May 2010, 7:22 pm

Your hair is beautiful!!! It looks so soft...is it? So now you need to start thinking about establishing some type of a regiment. Check out the link below..(got this from Dva) Told you I would find some help if we needed it..LOL

http://newlynatural.com/blog/

So if you have any questions, just ask and we will learn together!!

Smooches!!! Congratulations again on the beginning of your natural hair journey..

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th May 2010, 2:08 am

Sorry I am late KNH. Busy mom as well........... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Congrats on your BC, WILDONE.
NOW IT IS TIME TO GET THE MOISTURE BACK IN YOUR HAIR!!
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS:
Since you are newly natural, you need to stay away from all sulfates, silicones, petroleum, and mineral oil containing products because these block moisture. You can flirt with them later once your hair has come to the point of optimal moisture. Once that is done, find products that don't contain these ingred.

Next, begin to cowash. Conditioner washing is best when not using those harmful ingredients because it cleans without stripping and adds moisture. AND MOISTURE IS OUR FRIEND!!!

Next, you need to DC weekly and overnight if possible. This is vital for putting moisture back into the hair.

Finally, begin to keep a journal of your routines and what products work and what doesn't. This will eliminate you wondering what you did if it does or doesnt come out right. Or if you want to re-create a look.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! ANY MORE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 5th May 2010, 3:46 am

Im co washing! And I bought Jessiecurl Deep conditioner...cocoa butter, mango butter and shea butter, black soap shampoo and aloe spritzer from Butters n Bars! Im using hello hydration by herbal essance for now for my co wash. I used a sample of Miss Jessies sweet slick ( I think thats what its called) to deep condition for 30mins today! Then I put some hellohydration then oliveoil over it and then some babybuttercreme from miss jessies over it! that what I did in the pic! I also ordered the Olive Oil hair gel and some 100% natural curl activator to try! Im soooooo excited! But when I go to DC my boo wants me to get kinky twist..he is devistated that I cut my hair... I dont mind doing it but will it damage my hair?
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th May 2010, 8:42 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Sorry I am late KNH. Busy mom as well........... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Congrats on your BC, WILDONE.
NOW IT IS TIME TO GET THE MOISTURE BACK IN YOUR HAIR!!
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS:
Since you are newly natural, you need to stay away from all sulfates, silicones, petroleum, and mineral oil containing products because these block moisture. You can flirt with them later once your hair has come to the point of optimal moisture. Once that is done, find products that don't contain these ingred.

Next, begin to cowash. Conditioner washing is best when not using those harmful ingredients because it cleans without stripping and adds moisture. AND MOISTURE IS OUR FRIEND!!!

Next, you need to DC weekly and overnight if possible. This is vital for putting moisture back into the hair.

Finally, begin to keep a journal of your routines and what products work and what doesn't. This will eliminate you wondering what you did if it does or doesnt come out right. Or if you want to re-create a look.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! ANY MORE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW!!!

WildOnce

IB is the best....I asked her to be your big sister. She will give you the right information and provided you with all of the knowledge you need for a healthy hair journey.

Thanks IB.....I know she's in good hands now.

Love you both I love you

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 5th May 2010, 1:08 pm

Awwwwww thank you both! I kinda feel like I have 2 big sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am sooo excited to do my hair today....this is my first day off work since I have done the BC and I am going to go out in PUBLIC! I live in a very caucasion area...wondering what they will say lol
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th May 2010, 4:39 pm

Oh WO, you never told DH...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Well you can get your kinky twists, if you think that will make him happy. Just make sure they don't do your edges too tight.

As far as what you use, you seem to be on the right track. Just make sure to measure your hair health by the naked hair (hair without product). You need to get your hair to the level where if you had to leave the house without product, you couldn't tell that you did put product in your hair. That will mean your hair is at it's optimum moisture level and is healthy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 5th May 2010, 10:21 pm

Well I told him, but he wanted me to wait till it grew out more! Oh well I couldnt, I didnt want to learn how to style 2 types of hair! I'm waiting for my deep conditioner and butters to get here I cant WAIT!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 8th May 2010, 5:32 pm

Today Im going to do my first DC with Jessie Curl Weekly Deep Conditioner. First Im going to wash with a little Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut with Herbal Essences HH mixed in. Then DC for 30-60 min. I think I'll put a little more HH and then olive oil on after. I want to try twist.. I bought some Eco Styler Olive oil gel but now Im kinda scared to try it...so Imight just put the Miss Jessie's combonation of Curly Buttercreme and Curly Pudding that I've been using.... Im still waiting for my order from Butters n Bars...omg I can hardly wait for it to get here soI can use 100% natural "shampoo" on and use the butters!!!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 8th May 2010, 7:15 pm

ummmm the twist DID NOT WORK lol!! My hair isnt long enough so I just didnt do it...and Im not sure I like the DC from Jessie curl....my hair had no slip and to top it of looks fuzzy...what a mess [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th May 2010, 9:56 pm

Wildonce I see you are getting the advice/support you were seeking. I guess I need to take the advice I gave you about waiting to get a big sis, because I posted on 5/1 and have had 39 views and no one's responded. Guess I'm on my own. I see you are enjoying your journey!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 8th May 2010, 10:55 pm

Awwww well we can be Natural "twins" if you want! I have alot of time at work to look on the internet and find information.....I learn 3 new things everyday I swear....so if you want to learn together we can!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 9th May 2010, 9:30 pm

Awwww, thank you. I'll def be peeping in here from time to time to see what's new. And I think you posted you'll be atteding the DC meet up right, because you'll be in the area? I"ll definitely be looking forward to meeting you in person...I know we'll all have a good time.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by WildOnce 10th May 2010, 1:06 am

I wont be at the meet up......I will be there the 26th-31st of May and wanna meet with some curlies buuuuuutttttt boo seems to have plans to take me to meet all the family and friends so idk? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got the things I ordered from Butters n Bars...whats with the tiny lil peices of shea butter that wont melt and then look like lil lint balls on my head? lol oh well good thing I did it at night and it will have time to soak in! I also tried the Black Soap Shampoo they make...My hair felt clean but not SQUEAKY! How nice and it suds up like reg shampoo so it satisfied my need for the suds!
WildOnce
WildOnce

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th May 2010, 6:22 am

Hey there ladies,
I have had party planning on top of my agenda these past couple of days and this week ahead. So won't be around as much. If you need help feel free to use the CURLYFRIENDS thread on the forum. Dva, you know Chrs is awesome. But so is ooop2 and curlychronicles. Don't be afraid to ask direct questions to them. Because I don't know if poeple are really looking at this thread anymore because of the option of asking direct questions to certain people for direct answers. I am also here for you gals. I will be around.
@WO, I am sorry the Mrs Jessie's didn't work out for you, But imo, Ms. Jessie's is overpriced garbage. Sorry, I just feel there are many other quality products out there for more reasonable prices. However, I am glad your BnB came. When you wash your hair, you never want it to feel squeaky clean. That means it is being stripped, like shampoo in sulfates. You want it to be clean but still hold some kind of moisture. The shea butter must be melted in your hands before rubbing on your hair. Don't know if you did that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

@DVA, we discussed about tea rinses. What have you done with that info? Have you used it yet? Do you like it?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down