CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi

3 posters

Go down

WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi Empty WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi

Post by mscaligirl 22nd January 2010, 10:18 pm

Hi there.

I'm new to the site and am seriously considering going natural. I want to do the big chop, but I'm scared.

I'd love to meet someone in central Mississippi whose gone through the big chop. I live in Canton and work in Jackson.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

-ShaWanda

mscaligirl

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi Empty Re: WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 10:56 pm

Hey Shawanda,

I am in the Metro Jackson area!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi Empty Re: WANTED: Big Sister in Central Mississippi

Post by mscaligirl 23rd January 2010, 2:17 pm

That's awesome! Can you tell me about your decision to go natural? Were you afraid to make the big chop?

Can you recommend some salons or hairdressers that specialize in going natural?

I just have so many questions.

mscaligirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mscaligirl 23rd January 2010, 2:29 pm

I actually just found your natural story in another forum. Wow!

I guess I am in the research and transition stage. I'm wearing twists right now...with extensions.

I dont' really wear my natural hair down at all. When I do, I slick it back and where sometype of bun or ponytail.

My natural hair is very thin and when I have relaxed it in the past, it's just too whispy to do anything with expect pull it back.

I think my desire to go natural stems from a desire to live my entire life more authentically.

I've moved from California to MS about 1 1/2 ago and ever since I have been going through "crisis" of trying to figure out who I really am or who I want to be. And the way I feel about my hair and the way I hide behind briads and extensions is just a sympton of how I feel about my life.

Does that make sense?

mscaligirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2010, 2:45 pm

Yes it makes sense! If you are scared to do the BC, I say wait. Do tons of research!! Check out curlynikki.com, newlynatural.com and naturalchica.blogspot.com. Those are a few of my favorites. Check out YouTube too.

I am a DIYer (Do it yourself). I learned to care for my hair by doing research. I dont know of any natural hairstylist around here. Some stylist will tell you they can do your hair but dont have a clue how to care for natural hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DeNaturelle 27th February 2010, 3:50 pm

Its so great to see people that live in the "Sip" on the site....Hi Lynnieluve [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !!!

Hi Miscaligirl I also live in the Jackson Metro area. I got my last perm Sept 08 and I BC'd in Nov 08 so I been on this journey for over 15months and I am luving it!!!
I only tranisitioned for 2 months becasue I really didn't want to deal with finding transition styles....NO, I wasn't afraid to do the BC..you would have to know my personality to see why! I have always been comfortable in my own skin so I am not afraid of what other mite say...nor what I may look like! I like to try new styles very often...to be honest my hair is different from week to week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Becoming A Natural Sister has impacted my life and the friends around me....I began the Natural Guru for my close friends and now its a heap of us Natural sisters!!! It's so funny because now its a lot of us walking around our church...and we share tips and compliment each other!!!
Let me know if I can help
DeNaturelle
DeNaturelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down