CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: A Loving Big Sister

2 posters

Go down

Wanted: A Loving Big Sister Empty Wanted: A Loving Big Sister

Post by lalalovestheluxelife 8th January 2010, 12:17 pm

Good Morning Lovely Ladies,

This is a post well more like a plea for a big sister to help me through my transition from a relaxed head into a natural butterfly. Currently I've been transitioning for three months but it's always something that I've thought about but being the only black child growing up and now I stand out enough I never wanted to draw more attention to myself.

Recently, I've been listening to my step-daughter (half Filipino half black) talk about her hair and it's mind boggling that she knows nothing about her heritage on either side. I really want to her to understand that being black is beautiful and I don't want her negative comments to eventually rub off on my children who will be of the same mix. My hubby doesn't understand why it's so important he says that Filipinos don't have the same complexes but he supports me all the way.

I've tried being relaxed for so long but it's just not me! I want to know the real me the person that God blessed my mother with and right now I have no clue who she is. So if there is a big sister out there who is willing to help me cross the path into natural womanhood that would be so great.

I live in Houston but I have no preference about location that's why we have the internet and BlackBerrys lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
lalalovestheluxelife
lalalovestheluxelife

Back to top Go down

Wanted: A Loving Big Sister Empty Re: Wanted: A Loving Big Sister

Post by wild curls raquelle 14th January 2010, 6:45 pm

I would love to be your big sister. I have been natural most of my life, but wearing my hair curly off and on since 2006. I haven't touched heat since June 2009. I understand your concern as I am of mixed heritage myself. I don't frequent the hair board much but if you're interested feel free to send me an email niaraquelle@gmail.com
wild curls raquelle
wild curls raquelle

Back to top Go down