CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna or Permenant Color

3 posters

Go down

Henna  or Permenant Color Empty Henna or Permenant Color

Post by SimplyMoi 29th April 2010, 2:41 pm

I have read a lot about henna and love the results curlynikki experinced using henna, but I've been wanting to highlight my hair blonde, but I really love the shine people have doing henna. Is henna the only way to achieve that shine an silky look? I can't help but wonder is my hair is frizzy looking due to the coloring...HELP!!
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Henna  or Permenant Color Empty Re: Henna or Permenant Color

Post by tiashaunteé 30th April 2010, 3:01 pm

I think it depends on the hair type. Nikki's shine is awesome and I love it however I doubt mine will ever shine like that because we have different textures. I've noticed through comparing heads that there are a lot of variations in results.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 1st May 2010, 12:30 am

Permanent colouring is heavy on the hair and if you are planning on doing blond highlights then make sure that you get your hair back into good condition before going ahead, since going further away from your natural colour means greater potential for damage. Plenty of DCs and protein treatments for example would be what your hair would crave.

I did permanent colouring before switching to henna and I definitely notice a more natural look and colour from henna, which gives that shine you are speaking of. My results with permanent colouring was a dull, solid colour kind of look. I wasn't happy with it but it wasn't until I noticed the damage that I stopped.

It really is your decision though. I made the mistake of not understanding that permanent colouring was a chemical process similar to a relaxer. I thought that because I was natural I could just do what I did before.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 14th May 2010, 12:45 pm

Thanks alot for your help. @R2D2, I looked closer at my hair and saw the damage and my beautician had cut off a lot of slpit ends, I'm going to use henna instead!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down