CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 Months Post Relaxer

+20
Spiritualsearch
Miss_Moni
mahoganytresses
CurlyGirly9
tatertotz
yacoomba
dyamonds10
TiffNotANY
I Luv Grease!
Ladybug83
molove87
Natural423
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
SherylsTresses
Gado-Gado Gal
DivinelyDesigned
mrsmackey
TheRYL1
Muz
*CurlyNikki*
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

11 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 Months Post Relaxer

Post by yacoomba 27th November 2010, 4:32 pm

tatertotz wrote:I reached 11 months post on Wednesday (the 24th) woo hoo

For Thanksgiving my aunt insisted that I see her hair dresser who is also natural. Mind you my aunt and cousins swear by this lady to perm and straighten their hair....but they insisted she knew how to do natural hair. I went to her to get my hair straightened at left in tears from all the heat this lady tried to use on my hair. Blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hot comb!!!!!! ugh she swore she knew what she was doing but I could telll she didn't when she told me I needed to "heat train" my hair ughh! Mad

now I'm scared to wash my hair and see if i have heat damage No Sad
Omgee-I will be rallying in prayer for you that you're curlies come back because that is awful how much heat she was applying and then talking about training the hair on top of that. Make sure you do some serious deep treatments the next few wash sessions alternating in between moisture and protein DT (if you can take protein DT). To come this far-you ate for anyone to ruin your progress...keep us informed hun!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 1st December 2010, 2:16 am

Hey Ladies!!! I haven't formally introduced myself, but I am 11 months post relaxer. I am tempted to do the bc (in my case a little big chop). My hair has been extremly dry lately. Do you all have any product suggestions?

My hair detangled with knot today
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by CurlyGirly9 on 18th December 2010, 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit ticker)
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 1st December 2010, 5:04 am

This is my last day in the 11 month category. Time really flies w/ patience =)
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 2nd December 2010, 6:47 am

yacoomba wrote:
tatertotz wrote:I reached 11 months post on Wednesday (the 24th) woo hoo

For Thanksgiving my aunt insisted that I see her hair dresser who is also natural. Mind you my aunt and cousins swear by this lady to perm and straighten their hair....but they insisted she knew how to do natural hair. I went to her to get my hair straightened at left in tears from all the heat this lady tried to use on my hair. Blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hot comb!!!!!! ugh she swore she knew what she was doing but I could telll she didn't when she told me I needed to "heat train" my hair ughh! Mad

now I'm scared to wash my hair and see if i have heat damage No Sad
Omgee-I will be rallying in prayer for you that you're curlies come back because that is awful how much heat she was applying and then talking about training the hair on top of that. Make sure you do some serious deep treatments the next few wash sessions alternating in between moisture and protein DT (if you can take protein DT). To come this far-you ate for anyone to ruin your progress...keep us informed hun!

Thank you! I will try the DT's and protein treatments but I'm completely discouraged. Needless to say my hair is ruined. I'm so pissed off at myself for going to this ignorant and at the situation in general that I refuse to speak with anyone about the situation with my hair. (because I know I'lll end up ranting for a good 2hours!!!!!!) Evil or Very Mad Mad

I know it will take time but I'm sure I'll be back in high spirits sooon (hopefully). It just feels as though I've wasted a generous amount of my time.... Crying or Very sad
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 2nd December 2010, 12:11 pm

Checkin in (2 days early though)! Yay made it to 11 months! 1 more to go till the bc, but lately I've been feeling like I may want to go wait a little longer. We'll see, but for now the bc is planned for Jan 4th.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Moni 4th December 2010, 11:11 pm

Hello Ladies,
I am new to this forum but I have been transitioning for 11 months (as of Nov. 24th) and well on my way to 12 months & the BC. I've only recently started dealing with my hair as of late (last two months) and wore buns (before I even knew it was a protective style....I was just being lazy) and full head sew-ins in the beginning.

Anyways here's an before and after pic:

Yesterday (hair separated and saturated with DC) Dec 3rd, 2010

Before my last perm (taken out from a sew-in) December 24th, 2009

Au revoir madmoiselles<3
Miss_Moni
Miss_Moni

http://shegolightly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 8th December 2010, 9:55 pm

Still on the transitioning wagon_um I miscalculated my last relaxer somehow so I'm not sure now when I hit the 11th month mark. Do you all go by weeks or the actual date of last relaxer or does it even matter honestly? Anywhoo I'm still plugging away and definitely not going to BC at the 1 year mark in January. :-) Happy Transitioning Fellow Short and Longtermers!
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

11 Months Post Relaxer - Page 2 Empty When new growth and relaxed look the same

Post by Spiritualsearch 22nd December 2010, 2:42 pm

yacoomba wrote: Do you all go by weeks or the actual date of last relaxer or does it even matter honestly?

That's what I'd like to know too. I've been transitioning (even though I didn't realize it) and wanted to know if I should count from the day I got the relaxer, or my 6 week mark. I only used relaxers once or twice a year and my relaxed hair is as curly as my new growth so I'm wondering if I should leave it alone or just go ahead and do the big chop. (I think my new growth is softer). Smile

Spiritualsearch

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 23rd December 2010, 2:31 am

@Spiritualsearch & @ yacoomba I count since the day of my last relaxer, not weeks just to make it simpler (so every 24th of the month I count one more month post relaxer!) I know one of my friends on fotki counts by weeks and it's confusing to figure out how much that is in months lol but it's all personal preference
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 23rd December 2010, 3:29 am

tatertotz wrote:@Spiritualsearch & @ yacoomba I count since the day of my last relaxer, not weeks just to make it simpler (so every 24th of the month I count one more month post relaxer!) I know one of my friends on fotki counts by weeks and it's confusing to figure out how much that is in months lol but it's all personal preference
@Tatertotz-thanks for the clarification and it makes sense doing it this way, I've been counting weeks and honestly that's how I miscalculated and it was confusing. BTW how's your hair after the salon visit from last post you made?
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 23rd December 2010, 4:36 am

@yacoomba My hair is doing fabulous! After a looooooooong deep condition w/ heat (using Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Butter + Olive Oil) my curls came back in full effect and I didn't notice much damage at all dance

It's kind of funny now to look back at how everyone was looking at me crazy after I freaked out about getting my hair straightened. Even though everyone assured me my hair would be fine I couldn't help but still be worried lol especially after hearing all of the horror stories on here about heat damage smh I was scared to death lol
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 23rd December 2010, 8:42 am

tatertotz wrote:@yacoomba My hair is doing fabulous! After a looooooooong deep condition w/ heat (using Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Butter + Olive Oil) my curls came back in full effect and I didn't notice much damage at all dance

It's kind of funny now to look back at how everyone was looking at me crazy after I freaked out about getting my hair straightened. Even though everyone assured me my hair would be fine I couldn't help but still be worried lol especially after hearing all of the horror stories on here about heat damage smh I was scared to death lol
I'm doing the happy dance for you-great news for sure! dance, I haven't had mine blow dried or chi straightened since June and I'm going to blow dry this weekend before I put in kinky twists (but I'm taking all types of precautions myself so I definitely understand) run
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie24 2nd January 2011, 5:36 pm

I am 11 mos post, FINALLY!!!! thats my current length in the avi. Very Happy

natalie24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 6th January 2011, 12:09 am

11 Mos on Dec. 27!!!! I will have pics one my 1 year Anti-Perm Celebration (1/27)!

Last edited by Sunshyne on 7th January 2011, 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot picture!)
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffni.jones 3rd February 2011, 6:17 pm

Just hit 11th month without a relaxer; March of this year will mark one year without any chemical. Excited and scared at the same. I am getting the b/c done on Saturday. This won't be easy for me because I have a uniform requirement at work to include a hat as well as standards for hair styles to adhere to. I am happy I found this website because it is a wealth of knowledge and encouragement. I look to my natural journey and interacting with you all. ;o)
tiffni.jones
tiffni.jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitkai 9th February 2011, 8:19 pm

hello

Kaitkai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down