CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out

+27
jlowman1
nattyblog
LadyMika
Nikcoils
priceless
CurlsGalore
Juices-n-Berries
poeticlyspkng
Muz
CurlyChefRobin
DvaAuNaturel
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
ktoliver5303
krazy coils
TheRYL1
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
mstokes2008
bholmes87
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
swoodward
31 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Empty Re: Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out

Post by nattyblog 25th November 2010, 5:24 pm

Hey swoodward! Happy Thanksgiving! I like your fro up there! ^^
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Empty Re: Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out

Post by swoodward 27th November 2010, 5:13 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hey swoodward! Happy Thanksgiving! I like your fro up there! ^^

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th November 2010, 12:13 pm

Hey Swoodward

I'm lovin your fro after the henna!!! I'm still trying to decided if I'm going to henna again. I don't like the way it changes my curl pattern.

Anyway how was your Turkey day? Did you do any Black Friday shopping?

Love your picture in your avatar.

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th November 2010, 7:34 pm

how was the holiday lady?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 1st December 2010, 12:31 am

Hey SWood! How you doin'?

I read your comment on the front page...I chuckled when I got to the bottom...I shoulda knew it was you! All I want to know...how can someone tell you what you feel is right or wrong? We all experience events through our own filters...your view may not be like mine. Why is t.hat a crime? OK...let me stop! LOL

I henna'd this weekend. I used my frozen mix made w/green tea and a lil amla, some oils...I like it...kinda brown/red! ;-)
But my hair was so soft...I wanted my kinks & coils back immediately!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st December 2010, 1:15 am

Hey lady. Where you been? How's the holidays going?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 21st December 2010, 11:56 pm

Hey Swood,
I'm just stopping by to say hello ***waving*** and see how you, and your hair, have been doing.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Empty Been busy - mini chopped, bought a wig, switched my reggie

Post by swoodward 26th December 2010, 7:45 pm

Missed you guys! I have been super busy - at home, work and on Dandelion! Basically, after a found a head full of ssks, I knew I was doing or had done something really wrong - I had missed a point or a turn or something.... So I switched up. Really switched up. I have a lot of news and will be posting pics soon too.

To make a long story short my ends were shot - I would say a good 3 inches of my hair was a mess. Plus it was crazy uneven - crazy. 7+ in some - 5 in others took it down to about 5 inches all around -and uneven on either side too. I was headed for a mullet. Short and scraggly on top and long and scraggly in the back. Uh uh.

what did I do wrong? Not sure. But I think because of my psoriasis and things I was doing during transitioning, I was seeing some pretty bad outcomes. My hairstylist had straightened my hair a couple of times too in January, March and to take off scab ends, again in April but while I don't think that caused the problem, I don't think it helped.

My hair is closer in length all around now (no more than an inch 5 - 6). So it is pretty much the same length it was in July and August. I have been wearing a lot of twists. I have a cutie half wig that I cut down to the same length as my hair that I have worn on "those days". I have also decided to use the tightly curly method with the twists. More on that later. Most of the hair on my head was grown this year.

I missed you guys!!!.

My avi is from when I really started facing my ends and is right before I took off another 1 &1/2 inches.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th December 2010, 9:39 pm

business in the front...party in the back, lol. heeeey swood, i seen on sweets thread how u did a mini chop which im not surprised cuz ur another one who is fearless when it comes to cutting Cool goooo girl, its just hair anywayz and it'll grow back!

and thank you for the gorgeous smile in ur avi, lol. are u losing weight? u look so young and refreshed!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th December 2010, 2:09 am

Hey there!!

yes it's just hair and it will grow back! You gave a lot of updates but you didn't say how the holidays were? Did you travel or stay home? Well if I don't chat with you again. Happy New Year my friend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th December 2010, 10:32 am

I kinda went through the same thing you did, and I had my hair cut down to about 5 inches all over and abut 4 to 4 1/2 in the top and front. Now that I'm taking better care of my hair (or rather know how to take better care) my hair is growing like a weed, and I will just have to accept that the back it just going to grow faster than the front and sides!! scratch

I agree with Nubie...you look like you've lost some weight in your avatar, (looking good) and I'm loving your hair as well.

So how was your holidays? Hope you got a chance to enjoy time with family and friends!!! If I don't get back over here before Saturday I want to wish you a safe and blessed New Year!!

TTYL
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 27th December 2010, 3:47 pm

Yes lady. You do look GREAT in the avi!! Hope your holidays are going well! Looking forward to the pics!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th January 2011, 7:05 pm

NubieNatty wrote:business in the front...party in the back, lol. heeeey swood, i seen on sweets thread how u did a mini chop which im not surprised cuz ur another one who is fearless when it comes to cutting Cool goooo girl, its just hair anywayz and it'll grow back!

and thank you for the gorgeous smile in ur avi, lol. are u losing weight? u look so young and refreshed!!!

OMGoodness!! I have been horribly cheated on sleep - holidays were good but first two weeks of Jan? I went 5 days on 10 hours. Looked like crap. Slowed down my weight loss and counteracted my brand new Clarisonic! (yea the $200 + Clarisonic - meery Christmas to me, from me).

But I am focusing on getting more sleep so that the workouts, skin care and good eating habits can show up... Thanks Nubie!!! Here's a pic from the 5th. I was trying to smile - I think this was the smile!!!
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Hair_p10
sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey there!!

yes it's just hair and it will grow back! You gave a lot of updates but you didn't say how the holidays were? Did you travel or stay home? Well if I don't chat with you again. Happy New Year my friend!

Hey hottie!! love the new cut!!! Thanks for the compliment!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I kinda went through the same thing you did, and I had my hair cut down to about 5 inches all over and abut 4 to 4 1/2 in the top and front. Now that I'm taking better care of my hair (or rather know how to take better care) my hair is growing like a weed, and I will just have to accept that the back it just going to grow faster than the front and sides!! scratch

I agree with Nubie...you look like you've lost some weight in your avatar, (looking good) and I'm loving your hair as well.

So how was your holidays? Hope you got a chance to enjoy time with family and friends!!! If I don't get back over here before Saturday I want to wish you a safe and blessed New Year!!

TTYL
KNH

Holidays were ok - not bad in fact! I had time off and it was very relaxing. I cut down a lot and KNH, my hair grows. I was worried, you know, that being older would slow down my growth but my hair seems to be similar to when I was a young chicken. Have been taking pics and will post~!

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Yes lady. You do look GREAT in the avi!! Hope your holidays are going well! Looking forward to the pics!

Thanks CCR!! You're looking really hot yourself!!!

I had a great holiday, thanks ladies, for asking! Hope your having a great beginning to the year! I have learned a valuable lesson - No sleep is a guarantee to lose touch with your CN update goals!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 16th January 2011, 7:08 pm

I hope you all see my tree was still up on Jan 5th when I took that pick. For shame!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 16th January 2011, 11:01 pm

LOL Nothing wrong with that...you just had extra holiday cheer! <--I can justify almost anything. Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th January 2011, 11:07 pm

Just stopping by to let you know I was here and to wave "Hi!"
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th January 2011, 11:32 am

LOL@ the tree still being up! Did you take it down yet?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th January 2011, 11:55 am

Pics over the last month... Ladies I switched over to the tightly curly method see tightly curly book here after I found all of those SSKs in October. basically almost every hair on my head had one. I mini chopped and think I took off about 2 + inches over a 2 week period. Thanksgiving weekend was the defining point - this is where I started the tightly curly method.
Once - over the summer I had left the Curls moisturizer in my hair after co-washing and I really liked it. What I had done wasn't really the method but I did notice at the time that my hair was extremely moistuized . This is one of the reasons I chose the method.

Here are a few pics from early December...
about 10 days after the mini chop...
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Hair_p11

a few days later:
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Hair_p12

almost a month

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Hair_p13

I keep my hair in twists most of the time now. So these are just checking pics.

Plus I bought a wig to keep me warm with the twists in (weather's been a trip). I'll post that next.

CUsoon!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 12:46 pm

Hey SWoodward! Your hair is looking great! Girl, I was battling the knots for a while myself. Not sure why... I did change my regimen and add more moisture. I realized I had become lazy and needed to rectify that. What product by Curls did you use for moisture? glad the tightly curly method is working better for you. I need to investigate!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th January 2011, 3:59 pm

Hey Swood. Your hair looks good. I'm glad you were able to backtrack and figure out what the issue was and then moved forward to resolve it. Sounds like you are back on track. I checked out the tightly curly method too recently and decided to revisit the CG method. I'm glad the TC method is working for you. They seem the same; I don't really know if there is a big difference between the two but hoping my hair will benefit.

Yeah, I'm with Swood, which Curls product are you using for moisture? I have some at home but have yet to try. Going through all of my products now so I can get to my core line up.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 25th January 2011, 11:20 pm

Swoodward!!! How are you? Can I say how much I LOVE the avi. You look like a beautiful 1940's vixen! Awesome!!! woot!

I'm going to check out that tightly curly method. I'm getting a lot of ssk as well.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th January 2011, 12:44 am

Hey Lady!

LOL @ you THINK that's a smile! What, you don't know? ;-)

I like the twist out...it's getting big!

OK...Imma have to check out this curly method.
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 6th February 2011, 10:49 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey SWoodward! Your hair is looking great! Girl, I was battling the knots for a while myself. Not sure why... I did change my regimen and add more moisture. I realized I had become lazy and needed to rectify that. What product by Curls did you use for moisture? glad the tightly curly method is working better for you. I need to investigate!

Thank you Poeticaly!! Thinking back, i was lazy but not as much as clueless. So how DID I get to 48 and not know my hair?

I used the Curls Sublime the first time I left it in my hair but after experimenting I have learned that this one is only good for cowashing or as a rinsing conditioner. It doesn't work as a leave in. Now my kid sis says the kid's version is a whole 'nother story. Must experiment soon.

Saw your comparison pics! Looking amazing!!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey Swood. Your hair looks good. I'm glad you were able to backtrack and figure out what the issue was and then moved forward to resolve it. Sounds like you are back on track. I checked out the tightly curly method too recently and decided to revisit the CG method. I'm glad the TC method is working for you. They seem the same; I don't really know if there is a big difference between the two but hoping my hair will benefit.

Yeah, I'm with Swood, which Curls product are you using for moisture? I have some at home but have yet to try. Going through all of my products now so I can get to my core line up.

Hey Dva!, so see above - not a fan of the Curls for moisture but still love the cleanser. Using regular conditioners, Avocado, Olive or Coconut oil and Kimmay's leave in recipe.

I think you are right - there is NOT much difference between the two methods except with the TC method you use a lot of conditioner and don't rinse any out. The TC method doesn't require stylers either - no gel or leave ins - because the conditioner is the styler...

CurlyChefRobin wrote:Swoodward!!! How are you? Can I say how much I LOVE the avi. You look like a beautiful 1940's vixen! Awesome!!! woot!

I'm going to check out that tightly curly method. I'm getting a lot of ssk as well.

OMGoodness, thanks for the compliment!!! Gosh I need it... The SSK's seem to be an issue with coily hair - touching doesn't help so HIH disease is a problem for me. Coily hair is so cool so of course I want to touch it! 'Course that is bad. I am working on it...

I had to give up coils. I was putting knots in with the laziness. Using the conditioner is weighing my ends down but when my hair is longer I will be able to put it up better at night.

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Lady!

LOL @ you THINK that's a smile! What, you don't know? ;-)

I like the twist out...it's getting big!

OK...Imma have to check out this curly method.

Hey Ryl!!! A lot of curly's leave conditioner in don't they? I think the biggest secret though is that so many books now look at curly coily as curly coily not straight with curls...I really like that about the TC method. After reading her book, all the others just clicked into place...

Your hair looks so shiny! Very pretty! Your mom looks beautiful too!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 6th February 2011, 11:28 pm

PICS!!!

Early January
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Hair_p11

Mid January

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Mid_to10

Also Mid January
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Mid_to11

my hair
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Mid_to12

End of Jan - This is a chunky twist out on blow dried hair. Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Late_j10

My avi was a length check...

this is October before the mini chop. This was the end of the BAA challenge.
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Dscf1612

And this is a couple of weeks ago.
Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 19 Late_j11

dance
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 4th March 2011, 5:05 pm

Your ends look GREAT! I may need to get a little chop on mine. Especially the back. I get soo many ssk's. I know I have a HIH issue and that doesn't help. Anyway, LOVE the twists! Keep it up lady.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next