CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for retaining moisture

3 posters

Go down

Help for retaining moisture Empty Help for retaining moisture

Post by NickiK 25th January 2011, 1:02 pm

hey curl ladies!!!!!!!!!!

I have a problem with keeping moisture I have eczema in my scalp. I always had trouble with moisture even with a perm but some how i keep it under control but by being natural i know that natural hair gets extremely dry in the winter. I use olive oil as a moisture but im starting to think i need something else. What do you all suggest? Because I don't want my to break off

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Help for retaining moisture Empty Re: Help for retaining moisture

Post by fanmnatirel 25th January 2011, 2:18 pm

use a cream-based moisturizer instead of oil because supposedly oils are not really moisturizers...

My hair does just fine with Quemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream (i have 4c hair) so it's not too heavy for me at all...

just a thought...

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by NickiK 25th January 2011, 11:15 pm

thanks for taking the time out to answer my question and Im going to try Shea butter soon.

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th January 2011, 11:36 pm

sometimes u have to try a bunch of moisturizers to keep ur hair moisturized like some at night and some in the morning and then u need a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and then it wouldn't hurt to have a variety of moisturizers Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 4th February 2011, 11:28 pm

hey NickiK...my niece has eczema & i've been looking online for some natural remedies...i think you should try to address that issue 1st w/some of the essential oils & your hair may respond differently...but it is true that the only thing that moisturizes your hair is water (or a water based product)...oils & butters help to lock in the moisture...some people can moisturize once a week but i have to moisturize everyday...even if it is just with a homemade spritz...so again, just listen to what your hair tells you...
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by NickiK 5th February 2011, 12:06 am

TXCHOCLTE wrote:hey NickiK...my niece has eczema & i've been looking online for some natural remedies...i think you should try to address that issue 1st w/some of the essential oils & your hair may respond differently...but it is true that the only thing that moisturizes your hair is water (or a water based product)...oils & butters help to lock in the moisture...some people can moisturize once a week but i have to moisturize everyday...even if it is just with a homemade spritz...so again, just listen to what your hair tells you...

Thanks hun i sure will try

NickiK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down