CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS??

3 posters

Go down

BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS?? Empty BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS??

Post by NikkiChanel 23rd March 2010, 1:14 am

So, I am a law student graduating in a couple of months. I did my BC on October 7, 2009 and have been loving my fro ever since. I had to take grad pictures and decided to straighten my hair so it would fit under my grad cap [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had my hair professionally straightened and flat ironed by a black woman with natural hair who claimed to have experience with this technique. Well, after having it for about a week, I washed it out and the left side of my hair is stick straight!!! The rest of my hair is fine but I can't seem to get this side to bounce back to its normal state. Are my curls gone forever? Please tell me there is a way to fix this.

Signed,

A Big Sister-less Semi, but definitely SAD, Newbie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NikkiChanel
NikkiChanel

Back to top Go down

BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS?? Empty Re: BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS??

Post by prettysunshyne 25th March 2010, 1:38 pm

NikkiChanel wrote:So, I am a law student graduating in a couple of months. I did my BC on October 7, 2009 and have been loving my fro ever since. I had to take grad pictures and decided to straighten my hair so it would fit under my grad cap [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had my hair professionally straightened and flat ironed by a black woman with natural hair who claimed to have experience with this technique. Well, after having it for about a week, I washed it out and the left side of my hair is stick straight!!! The rest of my hair is fine but I can't seem to get this side to bounce back to its normal state. Are my curls gone forever? Please tell me there is a way to fix this.

Signed,

A Big Sister-less Semi, but definitely SAD, Newbie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@NikkiChanel: First off, I want to say that I'm so sorry this happened to you *big hug* [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . As far as "fixing" your heat damage...in my opinion...& this is strictly my opinion...I don't believe there is anything you can do. Other than, cutting the damaged ends. I watched a youtube video by RusticBeauty (her channel is great) & she experienced a touch of heat damage before. She stated how she conditioned her hair in the shower and let the steam flow through the bathroom, etc. She said it helped her and that she didn't have to cut her hair basically. This may work, but it probably depends on the extent of the heat damage.

I've personally experienced heat damage some months back...I got my hair flat-ironed (with OUT) a heat protectant..& of course I know better than to do that...smh. I wore my hair straight for a bout a week, and when I washed it, the top of my head (some strands) were literally straight as if I had a relaxer. I was heart-broken. I took my hair scissors and chopped most of them of them down to the root almost..that's how mad I was at myself for allowing it to happen. I left a few strands & they've bounced back..the curl pattern is still a little looser than the rest of my hair, but it isn't noticable.

I'm sorry I'm being so long-winded..I just want you to know that you aren't alone w/this. A lot of females have experienced heat-damage. My damaged parts that I chopped, have since been growing back. They're still shorter than the rest of my hair, but it's okay. I don't mind. I am able to cover it up when I do twist-outs and stuff. My advice to you would be, if you want them gone immediately (damage), just get rid of them...you may have to have your hair evened out, because once you cut the damage, your hair won't be even anymore. Or, you can just leave the damage and trim as time goes on...wear twist-outs..braid-outs..etc.

I hope I've helped. BTW, smile..you're still beautiful..heat damage or not... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
prettysunshyne
prettysunshyne

Back to top Go down

BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS?? Empty Re: BIG SISTERS HELP! I have HEAT damage! HOW TO REPAIR TIPS??

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th March 2010, 5:03 pm

Sorry this happening. I myself have never experience heat damage. But I've read a lot of blogs and other naturals from various forums - there is no fix - except to cut it off. Sorry.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down