CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

+46
BlondeByDesire
iri9109
NhappyJackie
cyclingchick
jlowman1
tiffyd
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
coilykinks
priceless
swoodward
nattyblog
Intelligentbeauty
curly-me-naturally
Neems
LaToya28
curlsunfurled
LadyMika
mstokes2008
Serenity23
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
Nikcoils
TMS
ktoliver5303
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CocaColaCutie
krazy coils
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
Muz
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
TheRYL1
bholmes87
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
mochamoments
poeticlyspkng
50 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by funkyhairchic 4th February 2011, 4:04 pm

Hey PS! How are you, lovely? Ditto to what Chrs said about your smile! It is contagious. Your henna mix sounds really relaxing! Cinnamon and hibicus sound like a candle fragrance from Bath and Body Works.

You look amazing in your comp pics! You can see a difference in your growth and I'm loving your smile! Congrats on the weight loss! You look soooo great!

Ok, so what's the word on this tangle teezer? I've been hearing a lot about it around here. Is it really that good?! I'm going to have to check that out for real! That's awesome!

Last edited by Funkyhairchic on 9th February 2011, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 Empty Re: Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates

Post by TheRYL1 5th February 2011, 1:00 am

Hey Poetic!

What it do? LOL

I love the comparison pics...don't you love to see progress?!

Keep up the good work!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th February 2011, 3:16 am

yay for progress cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 5th February 2011, 1:40 pm

Good Morning! Have a great weekend Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th February 2011, 5:06 pm

Love the comparison shot!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 8th February 2011, 7:45 pm

Hey sis!! you looking good
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 8th February 2011, 9:58 pm

that's what I said!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 Empty Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream Review, a pic and wl updates

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th February 2011, 1:26 pm

Hey curlies! Happy Thursday! And when I say that I mean- "Happy day before Friday and God please if Friday could just come in 5 minutes!" That's the kind of week I'm having!

But I'm just going to talk hair instead. I will likely do something a little more thorough on my blog later this evening but I thought I would start here. So, I decided to give Curls professional line a shot after winning a bottle of their new Cashmere Curls product. Since they sent me a 20% off coupon, I decided to also order the whipped cream styler.

I tried the Cashmere Curls first. I was told by the company owner that I could use it as a styler, use it as part of a deep treatment or under my favorite CURLS styler. Well, my first attempt using it with Keracare twist and define cream. My avi shows the results. I wasn't sure if I should attribute that to the cashmere curls or what but I have to admit that my twist out was banging on that day. And that was after the gym (worked out with the twists in). So far- thumbs up to Cashmere Curls.

Next I tried the whip cream. It came in the cute Curls packaging of course. It smells great. They also sent me 2 oz sizes of their shampoo and conditioner. Way to woo a girl Curls! I like the way you do dat dere!

Anyway... Because I was stoked about having the entire gamut of products, I used the shampoo, conditioner, cashmere curls and then the whipped cream to style. I'm not ready yet to review the sample products. Maybe next week. But the whipped cream went on heavier than I thought. But my curls responded to it instantly... clumping and just having a curl party. I twisted them up and took them down the next day which is my general routine unless i'm going somewhere. My hair came out very defined, which I like. I had some shrinkage but not too much. The only complaint was that my hair was not as soft. It felt producty. I think either I'm being too heavy handed with it or maybe my hair isn't digging the combo with the Cashmere product. Either way, I have decided to stick with this product for the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted. I dig it so far but I think I'm going to try it without the cashmere curls under it.

So here is a pic of the first day. Now I must add that I had gone to the gym that morning with twists in so some of the producty feel may have been the mingling of sweat with the products. That's always a big thing with me... How does the product act when I sweat because my hair is usually dripping AFTER boot camp.

This is me and my sister on Friday night:
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 16686010

and me and my siblings on Sunday... I retwisted on Friday night and took them down on Sunday (bye bye shrinkage!):
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 18068710

And finally- boot camp has been going well. I lost another 2lbs last week... breaking the plateau. Under 200lbs officially! Whoo hoo!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 3:01 pm

run for under 200, I so remember that feeling, congrats!

I will check back to see how you like Curls.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2011, 3:19 pm

Congrats on below 200!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th February 2011, 4:03 pm

Congrats on the 2 lbs!! I will check back to see how you like the cashmere curls by itself. I got a free sample size from the website but I haven't received it yet.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 10th February 2011, 9:31 pm

Hey Poetic!

Wooo Hooo on the under 200! GIT IT! cheers

You know I use the Target Curls. LOL I'm really on the fence about "movin' on up" to the professional level because after I've tried the products the 2nd or 3rd time, I haven't been as pleased. Sad OK...I'm waiting for your Curls review.

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th February 2011, 10:16 pm

Hey PS!

Congrats on making it under 200, thats great! Cant wait until you update your Casmere Curls review. Im always up to trying a new product.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th February 2011, 10:50 am

Hey PS,

Congrats on the 200.

I have the whole Curls line except for the Curls Cashmere and Whipped Cream (I chose another styler). I need to revisit that line again, I used when I first BC'd and it was just okay. Thanks for the review.

Your T/O turned out great though ... except you didn't achieve the softness.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 Empty Cashmere Curls - Day 1 and a pic

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th February 2011, 12:05 pm

Alright ladies- I decided to use the cashmere curls by itself yesterday. First though I tried an amla treatment. I have been shedding off and on all winter and I just wanted to do some sort of deep, strengthening treatment. After consulting with Chrs, I mixed up the amla using some hibiscus, nettle and marshmallow root. Marshmallow root makes my hair so much easier to detangle! I love it! Anyway, I only left the amla on for about 1 -1.5 hours. I'll try it longer next time... I then rinsed it out using Giovanni's extra moisture conditioner. Can't think of the name right now. When I rinsed, my hair was soft. At first I was just going to put in in a puff until today... I'm getting my ends trimmed in about an hour. But I decided to twist it up for a puff. I actually used Y2Cu for a leave-in and followed it up with the cashmere curls which claims it is also a styler. Sealed the ends with my shea mix. Well, I went to bed really late... Hair was still pretty damp when I awakened at 5:45am. I went to boot camp (lost one more pound! yay!) and took them out after I showered and dressed. Hair was still damp because I always sweat in my hair! Hate that but nothing I can do about it. So, when I first let the twists down, it appeared I had something good going on and could perhaps skip the pony. But maybe because they were still damp... or maybe because of the cashmere curls- I didn't have enough definition to wear them out. I don't mind some frizz but I prefer definition. Either way, I put it up in a pony tail with a bang. And here are the results. I will try this one last time but I'm not sure cashmere curls will work as a styler for me. and underneath the whipped cream it makes my hair feel hard. confused

Here's a pic of my hair today and me with 5 hours or less of sleep!
Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 Imag0510

Poeticlyspkng - Curls Cashmere Curls and Whipped Cream review, pics and updates - Page 27 Imag0511
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th February 2011, 12:31 pm

Question: Where do you purchase your marshallow root? THANK YOU!

Okay, I just looked up the description and ingredients in Cashmere Curls. If your hair strands are not fine/thin, it may be best to use it as a leave in and then put another styler over it. HTH

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 11th February 2011, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added information about Curls)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 11th February 2011, 12:37 pm

Woot! congrats on the weight loss! cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th February 2011, 12:39 pm

Hey Chrs, whole foods and the raisin rack. They sell it in bulk.

Thanks cycling!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 2:13 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! cheers I am so happy for you!!! Love that picture of you and your sibblings. I wish my brothers were in the same place at one time so we could take a picture!! Most people think I'm an only child!!

Anyway...I am so glad I got my PJ'ism under control, because I would be online right now trying to look up Curls...LOL

I agree with the ladies you have a beautiful smile!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 16th February 2011, 2:51 pm

Hi Poetic,

thanks for visiting my CSJ! i've enjoyed reading/catching up on your journal so far. your hair is beautiful Smile

P.S. on my way to check out your blog... (girls w/glasses DO rock!)
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th February 2011, 9:53 am

Hey PS,

Did you use the marshmallow root in a paste or as a rinse with the amla and hibiscus? When I mixed it with Amla in a paste it was hard to rinse out so I was thinking of just using it as a rinse out.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th February 2011, 4:47 pm

Kea wrote:Hi Poetic,

thanks for visiting my CSJ! i've enjoyed reading/catching up on your journal so far. your hair is beautiful Smile

P.S. on my way to check out your blog... (girls w/glasses DO rock!)
Hi Kea! Wow, your new avi... LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!!! Did I mention LOVE??!!

krazy coils wrote:Hey PS,

Did you use the marshmallow root in a paste or as a rinse with the amla and hibiscus? When I mixed it with Amla in a paste it was hard to rinse out so I was thinking of just using it as a rinse out.
Hey KC- I boiled hibiscus and marshmallow root together in about 2 cups of water and then used it to mix my amla. It wasn't a paste at all. Just kind of liquidy. I plan on mixing up some more tonight for my weekly wash and detangle session.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th February 2011, 9:52 pm

Hey PS,

Your avi is hot! Beautiful twistout. Congratulations on the weight loss and getting under 200! That is soooo aswesome.

My hair likes marshmellow root too. I used some of the Jessicurl products that have it and my hair responded very well. Never knew you could buy separately to mix yourself.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:39 am

Some of the products I like have MMR. I might have to pick some up...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st February 2011, 7:36 pm

Hey Pretty Lady!!

Just stoping by to see what's new with you, and to say hi! **waving**

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next