CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cassia and Lightening

4 posters

Go down

Cassia and Lightening Empty Cassia and Lightening

Post by Lena_Jolie 22nd February 2010, 12:56 pm

I'm just full of posts today haha

My hubby is considering using Cassia as a natural conditioner for his locs. He thought about henna but I told him if he wanted to keep his natural color and not become a fiery redhead then he better not. I told him about Cassia so now he has decided that he def wants to use it. The only problem: will it make him blond lol?

I mean, people with locs in general (from what I've seen from most...usually guys) have blondish tints to the tips of their locs that occur naturally. He wants to keep his hair as is but still get the conditioning and strengthening effects of henna. Will cassia be a good option? Does he run the risk of being a semi-blondie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Cassia and Lightening Empty Re: Cassia and Lightening

Post by R2D2 22nd February 2010, 8:05 pm

Hi,

What is your hubby's natural hair colour? That will help us answer your question!

If your hubby has very dark/black natural hair, the henna will unlikely turn his hair fiery red. At the most he'll probably get red highlights in the sun. He'll more likely get fiery red if he is already grey, blond or perhaps light/medium brown.

From what I know about cassia, he will avoid the colour release if it is mixed with water only, not with an acid. However, if he already has very dark hair I would be surprised if he turned blond, although I'm not certain on that.

It sounds like cassia mixed with water might be his preferred option?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena_Jolie 23rd February 2010, 10:08 am

Its like 2 different shades of brown lol Its medium brown at the roots to about almost the ends of most of his locs. He's seen my hair in the light and doesn't exactly want that reddish glow. His hair is definitely lighter than mine so I think henna will make an obvious change. I'm not sure if its a moisture thing that makes his locs look as though they're lightening b/c he's not moisturizing them like he used to.

Cassia with water sounds best if it won't change his color. He really wants to keep his color. Men....lol
Lena_Jolie
Lena_Jolie

http://angel-jolie-chronicles.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Curlista 23rd February 2010, 4:58 pm

Im not sure about Henna...Im kind of confused.....I want a a golden brown with reddish tint for the summer, will Henna help me achieve this? If so what exactly do I purchase to get the color combo I am seeking.... It will be my forst time using henna.
Pretty_Curlista
Pretty_Curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 23rd February 2010, 7:24 pm

@ pretty curlista it depends on your natural hair colour to start off with because henna simply deposits a red stain on top of what colour you have. If it's very dark or black then getting a golden brown with henna alone would be unlikely. You would more likely be able to achieve that if you were blond/light haired and you mixed henna and indigo together into a combo.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Curlista 23rd February 2010, 7:43 pm

R2D2,

Thank You! My hair is a dark brown (pretty much the color in my avatar) I was putting black rinses on it up until this past summer (along w/ the last relaxer was the last black rinse). I would like the golden/reddish brown, and your saying I can achieve this with imixed henna? Is there a certain measurement of each that I need? Is it possible that other additives might tailor the color that I want specifically? I so appreciate your help my fellow Curlista!
Pretty_Curlista
Pretty_Curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by afrolicious 3rd September 2010, 2:15 am

I made my hair look like I was trying to dye it BLOND! I don't get it. So I got paranoid and try to add dark herbs to take away the ligtening of the powder.

afrolicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down