CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightening Hair with Honey???

5 posters

Go down

Lightening Hair with Honey??? Empty Lightening Hair with Honey???

Post by cha_phylicia 2nd October 2010, 11:58 am

I posted this on my Curl Street Journel, but then thought that this would be a better spot....

This morning I've been doing 'research' ... as usual. I came across this comment on KISS stating that this lady uses honey and lemon juice to lighten her hair... intriguing right? So I googled it and learned that honey has natural traces of hydrogen peroxide. This is a snippet from http://www.buzzle.com/articles/lighten-hair-with-honey.html

"Honey is one of the best natural substitutes for hydrogen peroxide. A combination of honey and cinnamon is considered ideal for hair lightening since both are natural peroxides. Let's have a look at the procedure for making honey mixture at home. Take 1 cup raw honey and add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon to it. Mix well. Now take 2 cups of water and add it to the above mixture. Lastly, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in it. Let the mixture settle for around 30 minutes, so that the hydrogen peroxide is activated. Stir it properly and carefully coat it on soaked hair. Leave the mixture on your hair overnight and wash it off the next morning."

What do you guys think??? I'm actually kind of curious....
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Lightening Hair with Honey??? Empty Re: Lightening Hair with Honey???

Post by SwirlyCurls90 2nd October 2010, 12:44 pm

Interesting, because I made a big batch of honey and olive oil conditioner this summer and I noticed after doing many treatments to my hair that it got progressively lighter. Not a lot, but enough that my family noticed. I thought the sun had just lightened it a little extra this summer lol but it was probably all the honey/evoo.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 2nd October 2010, 1:32 pm

defiantly going to do this for spring!
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by cha_phylicia 2nd October 2010, 11:45 pm

I think I'm going to try it too. There were a few recipes online. One that I saw was honey, cinnamon and conditioner. The important thing is that you let the honey sit in either distilled water or the moisturizing conditioner for a bit so that the peroxide is slowly released, which ultimately is the agent that lightens your hair. So yes, i will be experimenting!!!
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 3rd October 2010, 2:06 pm

cha_phylicia wrote:I think I'm going to try it too. There were a few recipes online. One that I saw was honey, cinnamon and conditioner. The important thing is that you let the honey sit in either distilled water or the moisturizing conditioner for a bit so that the peroxide is slowly released, which ultimately is the agent that lightens your hair. So yes, i will be experimenting!!!
If it works for you, be sure to post a bit about your experience/results when u try Smile

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 4th October 2010, 12:09 pm

I lightened my hair with honey before Smile

Pretty simple and it really reduced shrinkage when I added it to my gel
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Tria 4th October 2010, 2:07 pm

I didnot know that honey has lightened properties! I just use it for the moisture it gives to my hair. Now that I think about it, I have to say that honey has lightened my hair. Not alot but enough to see a difference in the sun. When I deep condition my hair I always use honey and EVOO with a conditioner (right now I am using Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle and Rose conditioner). I have been using honey and EVOO in my hair for about a year now constantly so I can say that it has lightened my hair.
Tria
Tria

https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyMe21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down