CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair products

2 posters

Go down

Hair products Empty Hair products

Post by Mrsafro 2nd February 2010, 9:29 am

Hi everyone...

I finally decided to go natural seriously!I had my last perm in Oct 09.
This is the 3rd time I'm doing it! However I'm in dyer need of some help.

My hair is very thick and that is what usually stops me from keeping it natural. It gets so bad sometimes that I have to get both my mum and dad to comb and braid it for me.
I had to stop using olive oil because it was thinning my new growth and leavin it dry.
My hair gets dry really quickly even though I use raw shea.

I also have a another problem .. I wear weaves because the weather here doesn't do much for Afro hair types. Are there any hair products that I can use on my scalp to stop it from getting dry and itchy.

Can anyone reccommend any natural products, that u can make or buy in the UK to help before I do my BC??

Thanks xx

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Hair products Empty Re: Hair products

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd February 2010, 11:07 am

What is your hair care regimen?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsafro 4th February 2010, 7:34 am

Hi tiashauntee
Sorry for the late reply.

My hair care regime is very basic because I'm a student.
I have weaves in so i try and clean my scalp every 1 and a half weeks and then use shea butter on my scalp. I don't really use braid sprays they irritate my scalp.
When i take out my weave I use Amla oil to leave it in for around 2 hours then shampoo my hair. Then DC.. I use shea butter and jojoba oil (substitute for olive oil) comb and braid so it can dry naturally ... I usually weave it the next day or the day after.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mrsafro

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th February 2010, 10:56 am

Right now I am doing a castor oil challenge for a month-my scalp can get dry at times and so far its doing great and it's only been a week. I am applying a 50/50 mix of Castor oil and Avocado oil to my scalp twice a week. You may want to purchase a small bottle of castor oil to start with and try that out to see if it helps. I am surprised the jojoba oil isn't working for you -maybe the thickness that the castor oil offers will do a better job.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down