CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products??

3 posters

Go down

Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products?? Empty Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products??

Post by naturalchic 1st August 2010, 11:27 pm

]Hello Ladies,

I have been told my hair is extremely porous and I see that this is not a good thing. I wanted to know if anyone else experiences this??? Sad If so what is your regimen or products you use to help with this??

Thanks a bunch, love your friend with thi
rsty hair, lol
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products?? Empty Re: Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products??

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd August 2010, 5:07 pm

OMGoodnes, the sides of my hair (above both ears) is overly porous. The key is to do frequent protein treatments. Overly porous hair is typically said to be damaged. The cuticles are raised therefore not allowing moisture to be retained easily. I hold this to be true in my case due to flat iron use for months. I have used Giovanni's Silk Xtreme Protein as well as Curl Junkie's Curl Fix with success. I can tell a difference when I use them as I should.

Also, try to use cool water as your final rinse before adding moisturizer and/or styling products.

Another good tip is to use protein rich products on your hair to style. Remember to always seal with oils and/or butters.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products?? Empty Re: Thirsty hair, does anyone have porous hair......products??

Post by naturalchic 2nd August 2010, 10:34 pm

thanks Chrslvsbks,

I always thought my hair did no like protein, but im gonna try to add more. I do henna treatments will that help? I also recently brought some shikakai, and it looks shiny but still rough on ends. I hear the porous hair dries fast and mine does that, i have done acv rinses with cold water i wonder if that will help??
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd August 2010, 11:23 pm

Henna will help coat and strenghthen your hairs strands. If you think your hair is protein sensitive, you wil know. Your hair will be dry and brittle. ACV is not known to help strenghten the hair. It is known to close the cuticle which can help with retaining moisture. Cold ACV rinses could help ensure moisture is retained.

Focus on applying moisture on ends. A great ingredient to try is aloe Vera juice, gel or gelly. Aloe Vera is a great moisturizer.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 5th August 2010, 10:53 am

Thanks,

my hair loves aloe anything.....I have henna my hair before, I recently did another henna treatment with coconut milk and a little honey, then did a shikakai and milk treatment, not sure if i did that correctly, lol...my hair was weird for a couple of days but i dc the other day and its much better.....

what is your henna recipe and have you used shikakai?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th August 2010, 12:42 pm

naturalchic wrote:Thanks,

my hair loves aloe anything.....I have henna my hair before, I recently did another henna treatment with coconut milk and a little honey, then did a shikakai and milk treatment, not sure if i did that correctly, lol...my hair was weird for a couple of days but i dc the other day and its much better.....

what is your henna recipe and have you used shikakai?
Did you do the shikakai and milk treatment the same day as the henna? I do not know if that was a good thing. Shikakai has astringent properties and IMO is good for cleansing hair while imparting conditioning properties also. I found it to be too harsh, too drying alone. I always mixed it with another powder like amla.

I usually just add an acid when preparing my henna. I’ve used ACV, won’t do that again—stinks too bad, orange juice and green tea. I have added amla to henna after the dye has released but did not see any noticeable difference in hair tint so I will simply do henna alone. I have also added oils to it after the dye released. I plan to try other henna mixes soon. I just received my order of Jamila BAQ henna from butters-n-bars.com.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sanimani 5th August 2010, 2:16 pm

I'm trying to figure out what the best thing for my hair in regards to protein usage. My texture is a mix between medium and coarse, and overly porous towards the sides and nape area. Do I use protein, being that I'm overly porous or do I avoid protein because I'm also coarse? And if I do use protein what's the best to use?
sanimani
sanimani

http://public.fotki.com/SANIMANI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down