CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baldie Needs a Big Sister

2 posters

Go down

Baldie Needs a Big Sister Empty Baldie Needs a Big Sister

Post by peachmango 19th January 2010, 7:19 pm

Hi I am Peachmango and I'm bald!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I had to do the ULTIMATE Big Chop

I've been wearing lace front wigs for several years, and I'm ashamed to say that in order to make my wig look more "natural" I was shaving the front and back of my own natural hair so the wig would fit better.
So I looked like George Jefferson under that wig y'all. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'm not comfortable rocking the chrome dome in public. No Ma'am. So I bought a kinky curly wig, which I'll probably wear until I have a little bit of growth.

So my question is, what do I do with my bald head in the mean time? Even being bald, my scalp is dry and flaky [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I am ashamed to admit that I've never taken care of my natural hair as an adult. I've been wearing extensions since I was about 18. Lets just say that the last time I took care of my natural hair or wore it out was more than a decade ago. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I'm kinda lost, no, I'm very lost on what my next step should be. I shaved my head a week ago, so I've got a lil stubble now. Can't do anything with it, but I'd appreciate any tips on taking care of my scalp until it grows some more.

TIA

peachmango

Back to top Go down

Baldie Needs a Big Sister Empty Re: Baldie Needs a Big Sister

Post by nikkinixnicole 22nd January 2010, 3:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You've got to step away from the lacefronts! It's not helping the situation at all! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rock regular (nonlacefront) wigs as your hair underneath grows out. I'm not a wig wearer, but I know people who are and the ones that tend to look less wiggy are the big curly ones (not too big now! lol). Wigs with bangs (with the closure thing in the middle).. I know alot of people that rock these and they all look good! You may also want to try wigs with short cuts (perhaps with some kind of bang).

In terms of your dry scalp, I find natural oils very helpful. Olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil.. IN PURE FORM. Olive oil is my favourite. I've recently heard about this oil that seems to be working for a some people in terms of growth.. Wild growth oil. You could probably give this one a try. Here's the website: www.wildgrowth.com

Hope this helps! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down