CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

+3
teeshteesh
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

Post by teeshteesh 21st January 2010, 5:35 pm

I like the new pic Big Sis Wink
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 5:49 pm

Thanks!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 21st January 2010, 8:08 pm

Hey Big Sis, I have a quick question. What does it mean to seal your ends. I see it all the time but I have no idea what it is....
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st January 2010, 8:19 pm

There is a "natural hair rule" that moisture needs to be sealed in. You know how water (moisture) and oil (sealant) doesnt mix, that what you want with for your hair. So you moisturize your hair and then "seal in" the moisture with an oil. I like to use shea butter because it acts as both for my hair....moisturizer and sealant. I hope that makes sense.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 22nd January 2010, 5:01 am

Clarification: So you massage the shea butter into the ends of your hair?
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 22nd January 2010, 5:02 am

P.S. I just got back from Wal-mart and I bought the Aussie Moist stuff you were telling me about. i'm going to try it tomorrow morning. I'm super duper excited. I'll let you know how it works for me Smile
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 11:15 am

I usually apply a little bit of shea butter all over then go back and focus on my ends. I cant want to hear what you think about Aussie Moist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 24th January 2010, 11:52 pm

Ok so I used the Aussie Moist and I love it!!! It made my hair so soft. Like it was soft the whole day. I slept with my bonnet and the next morning it still felt soft. Usually my hair is hard from just being dry but that did not happen. Thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to the product
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 12:36 am

I'm glad you and your hair likes it. Aussie Moist is a keeper for me.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 1:45 pm

How is everything going with your hair? I havent heard from you in about a week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 3rd February 2010, 9:28 pm

Hey Lady, I just got a new job and it has been taking so much of my time. But my hair is going good. I have been using the Aussie Moist Wink every other day on my hair and the cantu shea butter. In between I'll just use a spray bottle to just bring it back to life. At night, I put on a cap to help with preservation of my hair. I am supposed to be getting a deep treatment this weekend which is needed. I can't remember the last time I got one. That's really bad, I know. I still haven't gotten a chance to get those oils you were telling me about... Maybe with my next paycheck. How have you been? Have you tried anything new lately?
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th February 2010, 12:54 am

I'm doing fine. Planning my son's 2nd bday party for Saturday. I was such a procrastinator this year. I still havent ordered the cake yet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, I am a part of a twist/twist out challenge for one month and a castor oil challenge for two months.

The twist/twist out challenge is a protective style challenge. I two strand twist my hair on Sunday and wear it like that all week. Then on the weekend, I wear a twist out. Start all over again on Sunday.

The castor oil challenge will hopefully help me get a healthy scalp. I am oiling/greasing my scalp with a castor oil, olive oil, jojoba oil mix three times a week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd February 2010, 10:55 pm

Hey Lil Sis,

I'm just checking on you!! Every thing still going good in the hair department?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 25th February 2010, 4:07 pm

Why did you decide to go natural?
I got tired of having my hair so straight and not having any fun with it
How long have you been natural?
Since August of 2009; big chopped Jan 10, 2010
And anything else you think I should know.
I have no kind of idea of my hair type.
I need help with my twists because they start looking horrible
HELPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 7:21 pm

First let me say Congratulations on your BC!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The reason I went natural is in first post on this thread. I've been natural for 6 months now. I dont need to know your hair type. I still dont know mine and it hasnt stopped my hair from thriving.

The key to great twist and twist outs is a product that give you great definition and making the twist small. What products do you use to do your two strand twist?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 25th February 2010, 9:29 pm

Hey Big Sis. Hey Mz. Cici Wink

I think I am doing good in the hair department. I am supposed to be buying those natural oils that you have telling me about this weekend. I did color my hair again. Its a dark brown this time but its a demi-permanent so there are no chemicals in it. I'll upload a picture soon for you to see.
What oils do you think I should buy this weekend? I'm going to go to the whole food stores.
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 10:13 pm

teeshteesh wrote:Hey Big Sis. Hey Mz. Cici Wink

I think I am doing good in the hair department. I am supposed to be buying those natural oils that you have telling me about this weekend. I did color my hair again. Its a dark brown this time but its a demi-permanent so there are no chemicals in it. I'll upload a picture soon for you to see.
What oils do you think I should buy this weekend? I'm going to go to the whole food stores.

For starters, I would recommend, Extra virgin olive oil and Extra virgin coconut oil. The both of these will cost about $15-$20 bucks together.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 25th February 2010, 10:49 pm

I already have some EVOO. So I'll just get the coconut oil.

How do I use them?
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2010, 10:55 pm

I like to use the coconut oil to oil/grease my scalp. It's really light. BTW, the coconut oil will be solid when you buy it. I usually keep a plastic spoon next to my coconut oil. I scoop out what I need. It melts when you put it in your hands.

After I apply my leave in conditioner, I put a little coconut oil on top of it.

I've also used EVOO and EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil) together as a deep conditioner with heat for about 30-40 minutes. I rinsed it out with warm water then gradually switch the water to cold water. My hair was so soft and moisturized.

I've mixed EVOO with water and a light conditioner in a spray bottle to spritz/refresh my hair in the mornings.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 27th February 2010, 2:16 pm

Hi ya'll! Sorry I didn't reply sooner but it's almost midterms! Right now I'm using butters-n-bars grow my hair butter on my twists with ORS twist & loc gel.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 2:25 pm

It sounds like you have the right products. What about your twist dont you like?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 27th February 2010, 6:05 pm

Thanks Big Sis. Going to purchase it in an hour or so. What is Butters and bars and where would I get that from?
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 6:10 pm

www.butters-n-bars.com ~ This is a website that sells raw shea butter, raw cocoa butter, soaps, henna and oils. Check out the website.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 27th February 2010, 6:56 pm

Does it really work? How do you use it? The Hair Grow stuff that is... LOL
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 7:28 pm

I've never tried the hair growth butter. I've only order scented shea butter from butters n bars.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next