CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

+3
teeshteesh
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

Post by Lynnieluve 19th March 2010, 9:03 am

I have the Herbal Oil too. Try applying your homemade leave in, the Herbal Oil then your Hair butter (In that order) and see if you are able to retain moisture better.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis - Page 4 Empty Re: I'm a newbie myself but I will be a Big Sis

Post by Lynnieluve 19th March 2010, 9:05 am

teeshteesh wrote:Hey Big Sis, I took a picture of my hair straightened the last time. It came out really well and she only trimmed what was necessary. Its on my fotki. Can you check it out please?

I also bought the Giovanni that you were talking about. I tried it for the first time today. That is also on my Fotki. Thanks for the tips. You are the best!

I checked out your Fotki. Your hair looks good. It looks so healthy.

How do you like the Giovanni?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 19th March 2010, 11:43 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey Heart to Worship,

That's great you've made 6 months so far. I applaud long term transitioners.....I couldnt do it. How long do you plan to transition?

No, I dont use any conditioners with the EVOO and EVCO.

The cold water rinse helps close your cuticles and cut back on the appearance of frizz. I use warm water first because it gets the oils out better then gradually switch to cold water to help with the shock [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] affect of the cold water on your scalp.

I hope this helps and makes sense.

So is there any reason why you don't use conditioners along with you oils for DCing? I'm curious because, the back of my head is very rough in certain areas, but this is only after a couple of days of my hair being styled (roller set, TnC, etc.) It's difficult to retain moisture in those areas and it urks me to no end!!! It seems as if I must wet these areas before adding shea butter and oil, but because I'm transitioning, to that would be a hot mess! I don't want to have to redue styles every few days, so I've been trying to get ideas from the forum to deal with this issue.

BTW, I planned to transition for a year but the BC itch is getting to me. I may do it in August for my B-Day.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th March 2010, 4:07 pm

I switch up my deep treatments each week but I still keep it simple. Here are the three deep treatments I use:

~EVOO and EVCO for 30-40 under the dryer

~Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Hair Mask (heat or no heat - depends on what I have to do)

~Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner (heat or no heat - depends on what I have to do)

I am learning that keeping it simple is best.

I remember transitioning and trying to make styles last for 7 days. It was tough. I ended up purchasing some satin cover sponge rollers. They helps out so much when my style would "go flat." I mostly wore roller sets and rod sets.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by noski 19th March 2010, 5:16 pm

sorry, this might be the wrong forum for my question, but pls i do need HELP!
Since my hair (especially the back n edges) has refused to grow i have decided to wear braids and weaves for the next 3-6 months. my question is how do i keep my hair mositurized in braids? i saw the oyin handmade juices n berries , do you ladies think that will help? i have braids on now, i just spray every morning with water+ peppermint oil, and then apply shea butter to my edges and cantu shea butter leave-in occasionally, but i want something for my whole head.
pls any suggestions will be appreciated

noski

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th March 2010, 5:25 pm

Hey Noski,

I am not a braid wearer so I dont have any advice. Sorry.

You should post this question in the General section of this forum. There's more "traffic" over there.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by noski 19th March 2010, 5:30 pm

ok, thanks

noski

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 22nd March 2010, 10:05 am

@noski--I wore braids for 2 months recently and what I did was mix EVOO and a few drops of Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil in a dropper bottle and oiled my scalp as needed. I would also co-wash once or twice a mouth. After I co-washed I would mix some melted some shea butter and coconut oil together and massage it through my hair. Once I did that I would seal with my oil mix. HTH!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 1st April 2010, 1:11 am

Ok so my hair is making good progress but for the marching band, I have to have a bun w/ my hair straightened. Can I get tips on how to avoid heat damage?
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st April 2010, 9:54 am

They told you your hair has to be straight?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My suggestion is to make sure you use a heat protectant. I've never straighten my hair so I dont know what brand to use. Are you going to do it yourself or are you going to a salon?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 1st April 2010, 12:30 pm

It has to be straight so I can have a bun put into it. I'm thinking about going to somebody who knows how to do hair on campus. It was straightened Thursday for a performance Friday and looked ok but I'm nervous about losing my curl pattern.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st April 2010, 3:18 pm

Just make sure you use a heat protectant.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 2:21 pm

Hey curlies,

I'm checking on you guys. How is everything going? especially you Mz. Cici!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 20th April 2010, 12:09 am

I'm doing really well! I have some heat protective spray. I was wondering about Suave Clarifying Shampoo. Is it a good product?
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th April 2010, 7:24 pm

I have never used Suave Clarifying Shampoo but some curlies I look to for advice use it so I say if it works for you, use it.

I'm glad to hear everything is going well.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by teeshteesh 30th April 2010, 4:24 pm

Hey Pretty Lady,
Sorry I have been MIA. these past couple of months have been pretty hectic school wise. I just finished my last final yesterday and I am ready to party LOL. I am about to upload some new pics of my hair to my fotki for you to check out.
How are you???
teeshteesh
teeshteesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4