CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Flexirod Adventures!

+60
kim
BajanPrincess82
Kez
QuietButterfly
Treece
Ladybug83
jeanlouisangel
kinksncurls
NubieNatty
DvaAuNaturel
swoodward
LadyMika
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
jlowman1
Karyn
soleil
Nikcoils
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
dmh1159
CrissyQ
CocoEuro
LaToya28
newcurlieque
makeupvixen
ktoliver5303
jcanalena79
Vee
marbar1908
Mz. Thang
StephanieB
deeply_rooted_chick
Shauny
curlyboricua
Janique
~JOME~
Pinkrage
Curlz of Luv
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
NaturalChica
BlondeByDesire
truet
adiaha
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
CocaColaCutie
vonda4b
traveljunkie08
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
Freestyles
tiashaunteé
sweetdrk1
HumanNature
ChrsLvsBks
MsJay1121
64 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Empty Re: The Flexirod Adventures!

Post by MsJay1121 15th March 2010, 4:07 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Thanks!!!

So, checking other BnB threads, I see Jess has turned so many of us into CG Acordion crackheads... lol!
hahahahahahaaa yes she has!!

hehehe... I love it!

sweetdrk1 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Sorry I'm all late with these pics ladies... will post the fro-hawk tonight BBD!!!!

I also re-did the whole Acordion method WnG today... it's finally almost dry, but it sho looks good!!! lol

I think I'll be stalking the BnB threads only for a while. The general forum has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth lately The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_sad

Yea, I don't know what is going on over there. Nikki has been really busy lately and I know when she sees it, she won't like it.
I thought it was just me...a ton of negativity!! That is why I stay here...where it's safe!

Really, people are getting rude? I know on one of my vids an ANON poster was like if I see another MC video again I am gonna scream...I was like okay, but before you start assuming Nikki Emailed me and asked me to send videos for her...i didnt know she was gonna post them back to back, but you know how ppl are...oh well!
see it's stuff like that..if you don't want to see it, don't hit play AND if you are so serious about what you have to say why be anonymous, PUNK!! LOL! folks get on my nerves....

Sweet, you are hilarious!!! And so right!

Frankly, I've just given up on the general forums until the problem dies down. Part of the reason I loved the forums was because of how upbeat and positive everyone was regardless of age, background, hair type, the nine.... now--that's kinda cooled of as of late. What's sad is that it can really be pinned to just a person. That saying about the "one bad apple" really holds true...

MC--girl don't trip! Oh well is right!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 15th March 2010, 4:09 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Ok, hair's fully dry:

Off to work ladies!!!! It still feels soooo soft!

The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 00711

I am loving this look! Love the curls and the flower is perfect! Too cute!

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 15th March 2010, 4:34 pm

Lol! Girl, I am not tripping, just wanted to relate to you how ppl can be...:::Keep doing my thing::::: It is just the way the cookie crumbles, even in the natural hair community you are going to have negative people.

@sweet! Lol! I know, ppl are trip!

I never really visit the general forum...what is this bad apple saying? Nikki should be notified, bc all it will do is bring in More BAD APPLES and this shouldnt be the place for that.

I am happy you are having good results! I cannot wait to see the new pics!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 15th March 2010, 5:15 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Thanks!!!

So, checking other BnB threads, I see Jess has turned so many of us into CG Acordion crackheads... lol!
hahahahahahaaa yes she has!!

hehehe... I love it!

sweetdrk1 wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Sorry I'm all late with these pics ladies... will post the fro-hawk tonight BBD!!!!

I also re-did the whole Acordion method WnG today... it's finally almost dry, but it sho looks good!!! lol

I think I'll be stalking the BnB threads only for a while. The general forum has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth lately The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_sad

Yea, I don't know what is going on over there. Nikki has been really busy lately and I know when she sees it, she won't like it.
I thought it was just me...a ton of negativity!! That is why I stay here...where it's safe!

Really, people are getting rude? I know on one of my vids an ANON poster was like if I see another MC video again I am gonna scream...I was like okay, but before you start assuming Nikki Emailed me and asked me to send videos for her...i didnt know she was gonna post them back to back, but you know how ppl are...oh well!
see it's stuff like that..if you don't want to see it, don't hit play AND if you are so serious about what you have to say why be anonymous, PUNK!! LOL! folks get on my nerves....

Sweet, you are hilarious!!! And so right!

Frankly, I've just given up on the general forums until the problem dies down. Part of the reason I loved the forums was because of how upbeat and positive everyone was regardless of age, background, hair type, the nine.... now--that's kinda cooled of as of late. What's sad is that it can really be pinned to just a person. That saying about the "one bad apple" really holds true...

MC--girl don't trip! Oh well is right!

I know what you mean about the General forum. I found myself getting sucked in and I had to just stop going over there. I prefer the positive encouraging aspect of the forum as opposed to the argumentative side that's been raising it's ugly head lately.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2010, 5:30 pm

WOW...I didn't know all of this was going on. I have a hard time trying to figure out who won the Chicken Dinner. I don't see how people can have time to be rude....

Well...MC don't you worry my pastor says "let the haters stand in line, and watch you get your blessings." I love your videos...that's all I had (YouTube Videos) before CurlyNikki.

CC1121...I want to see your hair. I bet that frohawk is the business (like IB would say)

Blessings Ladies!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 15th March 2010, 5:31 pm

I do have a question...what are we going to do once this challenge is over???? How do we keep up with each other?? The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_sad
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th March 2010, 5:32 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I do have a question...what are we going to do once this challenge is over???? How do we keep up with each other?? The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_sad

I think we should continue to post. This challenge has been so helpful and informative.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 15th March 2010, 7:13 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I do have a question...what are we going to do once this challenge is over???? How do we keep up with each other?? The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_sad

I think we should continue to post. This challenge has been so helpful and informative.

I agree. I've learned so much in my journey, and I've enjoyed following the stories of others =)
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 15th March 2010, 7:21 pm

Happy Monday (as happy as Monday can be...),

GREAT NEWS!!! Picked up my cap and gown today!!!! So in two months, my university will no longer be fleecing me for $500 textbooks and $10 Wendy's combo meals.... lol

As promised, Saturday's fro hawk:
The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 00127

Today's re-done WnG:
The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 00222

Had I kept up with the refreshing, it could have lasted longer, but I was lazy Sunday, and just put it in a puff. But 3-day hair is awesome for me!!!!

And with no dryer, it took my hair about 5 hours to dry.... eh, it was 65 degrees today, so I didn't mind Wink
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th March 2010, 7:59 pm

Ok WOW you look gorgeous!!! The frohawk is fierceness for real and the WnG redone was hottt!!!!! Love it ♥️

@KNH: I was thinking the same thing about when this thread is "over". But as long as it doesn't get deleted I'm gonna keep on posting!! Smile I think we all should cuz I would miss you guys if we didn't!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2010, 1:48 am

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Happy Monday (as happy as Monday can be...),

GREAT NEWS!!! Picked up my cap and gown today!!!! So in two months, my university will no longer be fleecing me for $500 textbooks and $10 Wendy's combo meals.... lol

Today's re-done WnG:

Had I kept up with the refreshing, it could have lasted longer, but I was lazy Sunday, and just put it in a puff. But 3-day hair is awesome for me!!!!

And with no dryer, it took my hair about 5 hours to dry.... eh, it was 65 degrees today, so I didn't mind Wink

I love adore the first pic and love the 2nd pic. You are working that WnG, LADY cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 16th March 2010, 5:12 am

Today's re-done WnG:

CONGRATS lady!!! I know I was too ready for college to be over, lol! Your hair is gorgeous and you really have a way with accessories!!! I think you need to start a Basic Accessories 101 class for folk like me that always end up looking like a caricature when I try to "accessorize", lol!

About the General Forum,

PLEASE don't stop posting there or visiting there!!!! I was on here for a MONTH before I figured out what this challenge was and came in here. CN, for me, was the general forum. And, I actually wasn't spending as much time over here b/c of how slow the gen forum was. So, I think of other newbies that come in and need advice and want to get a feel for this community ... the general forum is probably the place they go. Now that I've discovered the challenge and am beginning to feel the sense of community more, I'm spending more time here (and less time on a board that shall remain unnamed). But let's not forget the newbies and prospective newbies by letting a TROLL render the general forum a ghost town. Let's let all those who click on the forums link from curlynikki.com get a true representation of this community from the get-go. (Sorry to make ur thread the place for this plea, but since earlier comments on here were made, it just felt appropriate).
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th March 2010, 8:49 am

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

I agree. I've learned so much in my journey, and I've enjoyed following the stories of others =)

Sounds like a plan to me...I was getting concerned as to how I was going to keep up with everyone!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th March 2010, 8:55 am

Today's re-done WnG:

Look at you CC1121!!!!

TOO CUTE!!! I bet it did take your hair about 5 hours to dry..you have quite a bit of hair girl!!! I love the w-n-g, and that frohawk is the best!!! So 65 degrees is warm to you? I guess since we can get up to 100 degrees real fast on a regular day, 65 degrees sounds like cold weather to me.

Congratulations....did you cry when you picked up your cap & gown. I know I did, but that is expected after taking 20 years to complete college. (I'm not dumb, but I did get married, had two kids, got divorced and was working during that time as well) lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th March 2010, 10:06 am

Love the frohawk.

Congrats on the cap and gown - must feel good ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 16th March 2010, 11:41 am

Congrats on Graduation!!!! run I feel you on the $$$ for books & Wendy's (but for me it's Chic-Fil-A, lol). I can't wait for that day....!

P.S. I don't think we should give up on the general forum either...it's what encouraged me to get into the BNB challenge to begin with Smile

love the fro hawk****

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 16th March 2010, 11:58 am

Happy Tuesday ladies!

First off, thanks sooo much for the compliments! I've become an accessory addict. Next payday I will be going to the craft store in hopes of finally beginning to make my own hair clips! I'll keep you ladies posted!

So, I must say, this WnG technique is awesome. I've been getting TONS of compliments, and never has my hair felt soooo good! And, not as many fairy knots! My hubby has noticed too, and yesterday we were just sitting on the couch watching TV, and he had his hands all up in my head. Woke up this morning, and it was a frizzy mess!!! But, I'm always amazed at the power of water The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_wink

As far as the general forums, I won't give up completely ladies The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_wink. Just when I see a certain poster, I won't click on that thread....

One more thing: While hubby was playing in my fro, I kindly asked him to do a length check. It seems the hair I cut off has grown back! I was soooo happy!

I'll give you a 2nd day hair pic later!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th March 2010, 11:30 am

jcanalena79 wrote:
About the General Forum,

PLEASE don't stop posting there or visiting there!!!! I was on here for a MONTH before I figured out what this challenge was and came in here. CN, for me, was the general forum. And, I actually wasn't spending as much time over here b/c of how slow the gen forum was. So, I think of other newbies that come in and need advice and want to get a feel for this community ... the general forum is probably the place they go. Now that I've discovered the challenge and am beginning to feel the sense of community more, I'm spending more time here (and less time on a board that shall remain unnamed). But let's not forget the newbies and prospective newbies by letting a TROLL render the general forum a ghost town. Let's let all those who click on the forums link from curlynikki.com get a true representation of this community from the get-go. (Sorry to make ur thread the place for this plea, but since earlier comments on here were made, it just felt appropriate).

I never go to any particular forum I always click "View posts since last visit • View your posts • View unanswered posts" links. That sends me all over the place. I agree - we shouldn't avoid any forum. It's more of us than it is of them.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 17th March 2010, 11:42 am

OMG! I love your frohawk and WNG! Looking good! I so feel you about school, I am in my last class right now. will be done next monday! SO SO happy. I have break for a few months then I am back in school working on another degree...Lol!!!

I am so happy you are pleased with your results!!!! And congrats on your upcoming graduation! The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_cheers
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th March 2010, 1:46 pm

Congrats!!! You and your hair are gorgeous. You ladies are giving me hope for my wash and go.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th March 2010, 8:58 am

First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 617583

Your re-done Wash n Go.....I love it....I love the shape.

As for the challenge ending, If this section of the forum closes, I am gonna start me a thread in the general forum and post there everyday. LOL!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th March 2010, 9:14 am

^^^ that's sounds good Lynnie - I don't want to loose the connection we have here. Maybe CN could just rename it ...

"The Day and Life of Curlies"
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th March 2010, 10:53 am

Thanks a good idea BBD. I think I am about to email Nikki!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 18th March 2010, 12:12 pm

Happy Thursday ladies!

So, I'm giving the WnG a rest for the next week and a half. I desperately needed to wash, since I had a good amount of buildup (haven't shampooed or clarified since the first of the month--ewh, I know). No amount of cowashing was going to rid my hair of it, but I dreaded shampooing--I just hate the way my hair feels afterwards, sulfates or not. And then Kimmaytube saved the day:

Kimmay's Wash and Detangle Routine

It's hard to explain (well, not really, it's just long to type out everything she did), so I highly recommend you check it out. Tried it last night, and my hair felt soft, but still clean (and I used a sulfate shampoo). Put it in twists to give my hair a break for a while, and S & D'ed some fairy knots away.

My hair feels really good today. I think she's thanking me for the low manipulation The Flexirod Adventures! - Page 14 Icon_wink
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th March 2010, 12:18 pm

I watched the video the other day. The steps look very beneficial for the hair but I am hair lazy so I love a simple routine. I think this vid offers some great tips on washing
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next