CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

+30
FloridaSunshiny
BlondeByDesire
naturalhonney
snappynappy
CurlyMo
MissFierce21
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
iri9109
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
SisterBoyd
ChrsLvsBks
YoungFlyy&Nappy
krazy coils
kchapman06
Corygentri
NikG20
lena73
divadr175
blondie
NubieNatty
likethemoon
Erica5417
Pinkrage
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
Keisha
sweetdrk1
traveljunkie08
34 posters

Page 20 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash - Page 20 Empty Re: CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th February 2010, 8:12 pm

Well...I need to update my list to removed what I've used as well as update what I've traded and gotten in my product swaps...Yeah me!!!

Anyway this has been fun, I can go to different websites, and I don't feel the urge to buy. Maybe because I'm getting things through swapping...
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th February 2010, 9:14 pm

Yes kinky $50!! Which is why it can stay right there!! I want to get into mixin n whippin my shea's cuz I wanna add mango butter to the mix, what do y'all use to whip it? Did u buy a seperate hand mixer or somethin specifically for mixing?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th February 2010, 11:13 am

I use my hand mixer to whip my shea butter. Since the ingredients are all natural, I figured it was ok to use it. My husband swears the next time I make a pie, it's gonna taste like shea butter. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th February 2010, 2:26 pm

I also use the same hand mixer I use to make cakes and things.

My stash is dwindling. The only thing I've bought is some Suave Coconut conditioner for cowashing when I do henna and brahmi treatments.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 21st February 2010, 3:08 pm

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. Lots going on. But it looks like everyone is doing well. Smile I haven't purchased anything since I bought the HH and TT mousse. But I did receive some full-size samples of new Redken products in the mail that I completely forgot I requested. I received curlwise 14, a curl defining cream for coarse hair, and ringlet 07 (new formula), a curl perfecting lotion for medium hair. So, I'll add these two things to my list.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 22nd February 2010, 9:46 pm

i had to buy some more giovanni direct. & i was running low on HE TT so i had to get some of that too. and idk how but AO Honeysuckle Rose and a big bottle of HE HH also ended up in my cart lol...but in my defense its my birthday and i wont even use the AOHR until June.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd February 2010, 10:45 pm

I am happy to remove a few things from my list!!! A bottle of VO5 Herbal Escapes and VO5 Strawberry and cream!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 11:36 am

i've gotten rid of my peppermint castile soap and suave coconut n gave it to my brother. i actually keep castile soap in stock everywhere and used it to clean my toilet yesterday...OMG!! i didnt even have to scrub, lol. im lovin the many uses of this castile now!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 2:02 pm

so lynnie...wuz up wit these "discontinued" kbb scents back for a limited time???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (sorry erica)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd February 2010, 3:03 pm

I know what you're trying to do Nubie but since I ran out of CD Hair Milk I was able to purchase some KBB!! dance

*now for the confession

I also bought the hair butter but in my defense, it was cheaper to buy the two together. I'm also a bit worried because my Giovanni ain't doing what it used to do (I gave him the best months of my TWA). I want to stick with natural products as much as I can. I got a boatload of Ken Paves but that's my wash and go conditioner. Giovanni is my afro/twist-out condish. Any natural conditioner suggestions? I also really need a deep condish because ORS ain't acting right either. Every time I get significant growth it seems like I have to change my regimen. Neutral
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 3:18 pm

lmaooooo!! u just HAD to break down n get some kbb...wait...just wait..lol. u didnt HAVE TO get the butter, but how do u like it?

my twa is loving giovanni right now, esp the direct leave-in. i dnt think i'll be gettin anymore "knot today" becuz i just bought it 2 wks ago and im already at half a bottle. im heavy handed and i use it to detangle n leave some in. so i can imagine how much i'd use when my hair is longer and for THAT price, i can find an alternative!!

i hear qhemet's ghee does wonders, i may add that to my order when i get the alma cream too (later on of course) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd February 2010, 4:10 pm

I am counting down the days until this challenge is over......5 more days!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KBB didnt temp me with the discontinued scents. Maybe if I could smell them before I purchase them, I would be interested. I'm waiting to see what's happening on Fabulous Friday!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think I am only gonna repurchase the Luscious Hair Mask, the hair milk and the body butter. It's getting close to spring time and Oyin Handmade is my spring/summer product line.

This challenge has really helped me. I actually think twice about purchasing things, where before, if someone said a product was good, 15 minutes later, I would have gotten my confirmation email saying my order has been received.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 4:18 pm

lol, that was definitely me. i can say i think twice before thinkin of a gettin a product cuz normally i wouldve been tempted to get the miracurl but NOW, its not that serious and i can afford to wait til the hype dies down.

im definitely makin a trip to oyin in april. got my wish list n camera ready, its gonna be a trip to post on my blog (under construction)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd February 2010, 5:12 pm

I was tempted by the Sweet Pea scent (I love anything Peony- my favorite flower!) but they only have the hair milk...I haven't tried the butter or lotion yet (chapter due on Thursday means everything else put on hold until Friday). And yes, in the interest of getting a deal, I HAD to buy the butter. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm having the same problem with my Giovanni vitapro fusion leave it. I've only used it once and the bottle is half gone since I spray each section before I twist. I love it but I have to find a cheaper alternative (its $8 a bottle).

** 5 more days?! I hadn't realized that. lol, I could have made it 'til the end!
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 5:16 pm

yup, u couldve made it to the end...BUT u didnt [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd February 2010, 5:34 pm

I blame you and Lynnie! All that talk about KBB, a product junkie can only take so much!
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 5:38 pm

all i did was instigate! i never bought it...now i wanna see what the freebie friday has to offer but then im gonna be stingy and not spend my hair acct in which i saved $120!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 23rd February 2010, 9:09 pm

I think there's room for flexibility when ordering online from places like KBB or QB. When you're paying for shipping, sometimes it doesn't make sense to just get one thing.

I am SO ready for my challenge to be over. As much as I don't want to waste money, I think I'm going to start throwing stuff away. I'm gettin' tired of looking at stuff I know I don't. Neutral
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 23rd February 2010, 10:27 pm

same here. I just started trashing stuff I knew I would never use. Taking a bunch of other stuff home to various family members.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 9:27 am

i gave a bunch of stuff to my lil sister. i hate to throw stuff away, i guess its the hoarder in me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but ur right when it comes to those extra shipping cost..which i also despise, u might as well get more bang for the buck!!

now ladies we must also keep in touch AFTER the challenge is over cuz i got a feeling we'll be back here in a few months, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 24th February 2010, 1:46 pm

My butters came in. I hope that playing mixtress will keep me from buying some afroveda, KCCC, Miracurl, and bee mine products. Can I change my challenge date?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 2:24 pm

love the puff shee! i feel u on being the mixtress cuz i dmn sure plan on eliminating getting so many butters that basically are the same. i got plenty of oils, and eo's to mix w/butters to come close to what i buy, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 2:26 pm

NubieNatty wrote:love the puff shee! i feel u on being the mixtress cuz i dmn sure plan on eliminating getting so many butters that basically are the same. i got plenty of oils, and eo's to mix w/butters to come close to what i buy, lol.

I got the knock off recipe from LadyMika (I think that is her name) of MJ Baby buttercream. As soon as the challenge is over, I am ordering the trio butters for butters-n-bars and giving it a try.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 2:34 pm

i still have my mango butter chillin! im curious as to what to mix it with. its thicker n more stiff than the shea so im guessin it make for a good hold.

stop bein stingy...whats the buttercream recipe... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 24th February 2010, 2:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have failed horribly in my 6 month no buy. I lasted just over a month , then i caved I bought a few things, however all together it comes out to less than 25 dollars. I guess not buying a thing for 6 months was a bit much. I will try to hold off for the rest of my challenge.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next