CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

+30
FloridaSunshiny
BlondeByDesire
naturalhonney
snappynappy
CurlyMo
MissFierce21
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
iri9109
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
SisterBoyd
ChrsLvsBks
YoungFlyy&Nappy
krazy coils
kchapman06
Corygentri
NikG20
lena73
divadr175
blondie
NubieNatty
likethemoon
Erica5417
Pinkrage
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
Keisha
sweetdrk1
traveljunkie08
34 posters

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash - Page 17 Empty Re: CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th February 2010, 7:37 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Wait....I'm depressed..can't I buy something to make me feel better?

I would say YES to that, but you might end up like me trading one addiction for another...Now I'm a JJ... jewelry junkie!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th February 2010, 7:45 pm

Erica5417 wrote:If I hadn't bought that 32 oz container of shea butter...I would have been able to buy the Karen's Body Beautiful!! Going to update my list. Thing is, I just washed my hair and Phoenix ain't acting right and I wonder if it's because it's getting used to my regimen. Maybe too much Giovanni. Probably going back to my Ken Paves conditioner for a while.

* Going to update my list. Praying there is something I can cross off. Partly wishing I hadn't bought all those 33.5oz of Giovanni.

Wait...I don't have ANY hair butter (except the Healthy Hair Butter but I can't use that to twist). Does that mean I can buy some KBB butter?

You know, I don't like those large bottles either. It took me FOREVER to use the Giovanni SAS I had. I have to large bottles of condish (EO and Nature's Gate) that I feel lukewarm about, so I am really tempted to just toss them. I don't feel like messing around with products I don't like. So at least you like the Gio.

Anyway, I say if you really want the hair butter, then go for it. Just know that the full size is probably like buying the large size of the Gio...it will last a long time because you don't need a lot. I still had over half a sample size left, and I had been using it regularly since December, I think.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th February 2010, 7:47 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:@Erica: Is your list up to date? I don't see anything crossed off. That's why you can't buy anything. lol!

@Nubie: When you're ready to buy KBB, I'd suggest the sample pack the next time they have $5 shipping w/ no min purchase. That's how I started. And I'm glad I did b/c it turns out I'm allergic to the hair butter (the mango butter in it, actually) and don't like the cream that much, so if I'd bought full sizes, I'd be out a lot of $$$. You can order the samples in different scents too.

@Snappynappy: That's great!

Do any of you use just ONE product as a conditioner, DC and leave-in?

So traveljunkie~

If I cross off something...I can buy something? Just curious....caused I've crossed off a few things and I wanna know if I can buy things to replace the stuff I gave away? scratch

Didn't you buy Qhemet's recently? And have another slip up with some condish? Yeah, I think that was you. lol!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 6th February 2010, 8:26 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:If I hadn't bought that 32 oz container of shea butter...I would have been able to buy the Karen's Body Beautiful!! Going to update my list. Thing is, I just washed my hair and Phoenix ain't acting right and I wonder if it's because it's getting used to my regimen. Maybe too much Giovanni. Probably going back to my Ken Paves conditioner for a while.

* Going to update my list. Praying there is something I can cross off. Partly wishing I hadn't bought all those 33.5oz of Giovanni.

Wait...I don't have ANY hair butter (except the Healthy Hair Butter but I can't use that to twist). Does that mean I can buy some KBB butter?

You know, I don't like those large bottles either. It took me FOREVER to use the Giovanni SAS I had. I have to large bottles of condish (EO and Nature's Gate) that I feel lukewarm about, so I am really tempted to just toss them. I don't feel like messing around with products I don't like. So at least you like the Gio.

Anyway, I say if you really want the hair butter, then go for it. Just know that the full size is probably like buying the large size of the Gio...it will last a long time because you don't need a lot. I still had over half a sample size left, and I had been using it regularly since December, I think.

Did you buy one of the sample kits? I wondered if that might be a better option. Also, it may be more like the Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter than I think if it lasts that long. The CD hair butter is so potent my 4oz jar has lasted me since May of 2009 and is still half full. I guess I thought the KBB butters were more like a cream.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 6th February 2010, 10:09 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:

Did you buy one of the sample kits? I wondered if that might be a better option. Also, it may be more like the Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter than I think if it lasts that long. The CD hair butter is so potent my 4oz jar has lasted me since May of 2009 and is still half full. I guess I thought the KBB butters were more like a cream.

Yes, I did. And I think that's the way to go. KBB has a hair cream too that's more of a whipped texture and has slightly diff ingredients than the butter. Do you use butters to seal? If so, maybe you'll use it more. But I bet you'd have that jar (I think it's 8 oz) for as long as you've had the CD with the same amount left in it. You just don't need that much. I think I was using like half a dime-sized amount 3-4 times a week. Even if you used a dime sized amount everyday, it'd still probably last a long time. Just get the sample pack with the hair milk, hair oil, hair cream and hair butter to see if you like it first before getting the full size.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th February 2010, 10:41 pm

I didnt purchase the knot today! I am gonna stick to the challenge!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 6th February 2010, 10:52 pm

dance Yay for Sweet!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 10:51 am

Just updated my list!! Imma slapp KBB if she keep seindin me email! hahahahahahahahaa tempting me to purchase!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th February 2010, 10:55 am

karen be trying to get me, lol. i will check her article out for black enterprise mag!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 10:59 am

She is in BE? Oh that's great, I will check it out too. How you doing in ths snow?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th February 2010, 11:09 am

sweet...honey child...im still at work..Day 3 of 6!! i wanna attempt to go home today but i think i may have to sit it out and stay in a hotel...AGAIN!

the good part is the city will be closed yesterday which leaves me with holiday pay (fri-mon) and 2 days of OT!! so god is good all the time and all the time god is good cuz my closing date for my place should be near! **crossing fingers** Feb or March!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 7th February 2010, 11:30 am

I used up my godzilla size Suave Humectant and a bottle of V05. More will disaappear by the time I finish these twists.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 11:34 am

snappynappy wrote:I used up my godzilla size Suave Humectant and a bottle of V05. More will disaappear by the time I finish these twists.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th February 2010, 5:57 pm

I am happy to scratch something else off my list ~ sample size Giovanni Tea Tree Tripe Treat Shampoo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th February 2010, 6:28 pm

lynn did u like it? they often go on sale at target or whole foods for $5, i think thats the poo i use the most! loves it!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th February 2010, 6:32 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:lynn did u like it? they often go on sale at target or whole foods for $5, i think thats the poo i use the most! loves it!!

It was nothing special for me. I wont be repurchasing it. I love KBB Conditioning shampoo.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th February 2010, 6:46 pm

here yooou go wit the kbb reviews [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

**making notes**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th February 2010, 6:49 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:here yooou go wit the kbb reviews [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

**making notes**

I tried another KBB product today than I will be reviewing in my BnB thread later today.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th February 2010, 1:52 pm

It's pretty quiet over here. Does anyone need to make some confessions?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2010, 2:26 pm

I'm with you lynn..it's awfully quiet!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th February 2010, 2:34 pm

lol, funny!! i was checking to see if i missed something too!

OK OK OK OK OK!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i went to whole foods n got some kinky curly knot today leave in/detangler!! i've been held against will at work since friday and i only packed for 3 days. i only got 2 trial size HH's and they almost on E. my butters are low, i been using lotion on my skin (my skin has adjusted to shea butter this winter) and i have no leave-in's! my hair has been lookin a HOT mess for the past 4 days, im in need of doing "the works" to my hair and my eyebrows look like the back of gary coleman's neck!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

whole foods is literally down the street from my hotel so i only got what was needed and boy oh boy, did my hair say thank you! it'll have to do for now. thats ALL I GOT!! PROMISE!!

oh and errr, i was gonna get around to confessing later on today, after i got finished dispatching IDIOTS who think their non-emergency problems take precedent of everyone in the middle of a snow blizzard!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th February 2010, 2:40 pm

on the flip side i will be adding that $10 i spent on KC into my hair acct becuz i didnt technically have to get it. i've also been havin cabin fever and needed a pick me up by spending something on anything! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i couldve used the condish in the hotel but i chose to spend $10 across the street!! **slaps hand**

i'll report my hair acct total at the end of this month! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th February 2010, 7:42 pm

Nubie I don't think that counts as a cheat cuz it's not like you can access what have at home.

On Friday I am replacing my Aussie Hair Assurance and some shea butter.

Thats it I promise.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th February 2010, 2:17 pm

Nubie you have circumstances that call for emergency procedures no worries.

Lynn no confession, lawd knows I have been tempted though.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th February 2010, 3:06 pm

My Aussie Moist is less than half full and according to the goals I set for myself, I can replace it but I am holding off. I am trying some other things I have already. I cant wait until the end of this month. The challenge will be over for me. I am trying to decided what new product I will purchase. I am thinking really hard about the Qhemet Biologics Amla and Heavy Cream.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next