CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

+30
FloridaSunshiny
BlondeByDesire
naturalhonney
snappynappy
CurlyMo
MissFierce21
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
iri9109
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
SisterBoyd
ChrsLvsBks
YoungFlyy&Nappy
krazy coils
kchapman06
Corygentri
NikG20
lena73
divadr175
blondie
NubieNatty
likethemoon
Erica5417
Pinkrage
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
Keisha
sweetdrk1
traveljunkie08
34 posters

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash - Page 7 Empty Re: CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 1:37 pm

Erica [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You bought it!!!!!! LMAO....
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 1:44 pm

@Lynnieluve~

Thats great info thank you so much for sharing!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 11th January 2010, 2:12 pm

CurlyMo wrote:@traveljunkie08~

Thank you for welcoming me into your challenge this is great!

No i have been buying since my transition began in August so over the last 6 months....

Thanks to Erica who sent me the link on this thread im on my way to recovery!!! LOL

Your right I will try to go for a few months you all can keep me honest and continue to support me after yours ends in March i think i can do it... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whew, okay. I thought you bought all this stuff in the last week. Razz Although my challenge ends in March, I plan to keep this up. So there will definitely be people around to support you.

CurlyMo wrote:I dont know what conditioners i can leave-in and ones i cant and clearly dont know what to buy for stylers i.e. gels and that sort of stuff im just using condish for everything co-wash,deep condish, even stylers everything..

I think you have good stylers on your list. You may also find that one of the butters works fine as a styler too. After I shampoo/co-wash, I apply a leave-in conditioner. You can use something that specifically says leave-in or you could even use one of your co-wash conditioners (diluted or as is). But since you have specific leave-ins, just try one of those and save your conditioners for co-washing/deep conditioning. Anyway, after the leave-in, I apply a sealer and then a styler (something w/ hold to it). I'm currently experimenting to see if QB's AOHC can do the job of both. If it doesn't, then I'll use one of my styler's on top of the AOHC for hold/definition.

I'd recommend you start with as simple a regimen as possible, then build on it as needed based on how your hair responds and the look you want to achieve. HTH.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2010, 2:14 pm

@CurlyMo, you can use about any conditioner as a leave in. Before I discovered a couple of sites, I would leave in conditioners I had purchased. Unfortunately, I became a PJ soon after finding sites with product information. Don't get me wrong, there are many other product lines I want to try. I need to figure out how I will try the lines after August.

I would watch out for conditioners with proteins listed as the first five ingredients without rich emollients (keratin, silk amino acids, amino acids, hydrolyzed collagen Protein, hydrolyzed silk protein, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, silk protein, soy protein, wheat amino acids & wheat protein) listed as the first five ingredients without rich emollients (shea butter, cety alcohol, stearyl alcohoh. coconut fatty base). In other words, if there are proteins and rich emollients listed in the first five ingredients, you may be okay with leaving the conditioner in your hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 2:28 pm

Ahhhhhh i think i got it!!!!......Thanks ladies for your time... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash - Page 7 Empty Assessment of CurlyMo's Products

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2010, 2:33 pm

CurlyMo, I am of the belief that nearly all conditioners can be left in your hair and used as a co-wash. There are some you have to watch out for when using as a styler because of the protein contents. Also, some of the conditioners you listed are quite thick, you can always add some water to them to thin them to use to co-wash. Based on what I know, I added which ones I think can serve as a co-wash, protein treatment, detangler and styler. Feel free to let us know which ones you have used as a detangler. I would love to know if others have detangled with these conditioners.

I did find the Nature's Gate products I had did not have great slip.

Conditioners
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner (co-wash, protein treatment, styler if not protein sensitive)
VO5 Moisture Milks (co-wash)
HE Hello Hydration (errythang - loves it)
HE Totally Twisted (co-wash, styler, detangler)
Suave Tropical Coconut (co-wash)
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Condisg (co-wash, styler)
EO Lavender & Aloe Moisturizing Condish (everything, detangler)
Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Condish (unsure but I bet it would work well in all categories)
Natures Gate Aloe Vera Condish (styler & DC)
Natures Gate Hemp Condish (styler & DC)
Natures Gate Henna Shine Enhancing Condish (styler & DC)
Natures gate Herbal Condish (styler & DC)
Natures Gate Pomegranate Sunflower Condish (styler & DC)
Natures gate Biotin Strenghtning Condish (DC, styler if not protein sensitive)
Aubrey Organics GPB (DC, styler if not protein sensitive)
KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask (DC, styler, detangler)
Giovanni Smooth As Silk (DC, styler if not protein sensitive)
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Condish (everything)
Ouidad Deep Treatment Intensive Condish (everything)
KBB Hair Milk (styler, detangler)
KBB Hair Nectar (styler, detangler)
KBB Super Hair Cream (styler)
Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (everything)
Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Cream (styler)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 2:51 pm

Ohhhhhh thats great thanks so much for adding the names beside each product i will refer to that until i get it right!!! Your awesome and very kind!!!

So i should be watering down my condish that i co-wash with?

DT
Natures Gate Aloe Vera Condish
Natures Gate Hemp Condish
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Condish
HE Hello Hydration

Co-Wash

VO5 Moisture Milks
Suave Tropical Coconut

Stylers

Last edited by CurlyMo on 11th January 2010, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 2:54 pm

Only theses stylers are not giving me the curl definition that I want as much as its good for my hair so I think my hair needs a heavier gel type styler with more hold

Stylers
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2010, 2:55 pm

You do not have to but I prefer thinner conditioners when co-washing. I am using up my Suave conditioners because I feel they are a tad bit thicker than I like for co-washing. If you are not having any issues, feel free to use them as is. I like to focus on my scalp only and when I use thicker conditioners, they do not seem to coat the scalp as well. Hope this makes sense [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2010, 3:06 pm

CurlyMo wrote:Only theses stylers are not giving me the curl definition that I want as much as its good for my hair so I think my hair needs a heavier gel type styler with more hold

Stylers

You can try to mix them with a good amount of aloe vera gel. Another way to help with curl definition is ensuring your hair is sopping wet before applying leave in and using a thick, rich creamy conditioner as your leave in. Just using a thicker conditioner as a leave in can make a world of difference. It did for me. My hair gets big if I do not layer products.
Wet Hair
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dry Hair (did not layer products)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 3:44 pm

WOW your hair is beautiful..

I just finished steaming my hair and i washed out my DC (EVOO & Coconut Oil) I used EO Lavender & Aloe Moisturizing Condish as you sujested is an everything with sopping wet hair and it did the trick my hair looks great!!!!

THANK YOU VERY, VERY, MUCH!!!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th January 2010, 4:58 pm

Ok i feel so good i used & gave away some product - I actually have space in my bathroom now...

Loving this challenge!... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 11th January 2010, 8:14 pm

i resisted the PJ temptation in cvs today! Smile even though i bought sweet almond oil from GNC but i had a good reason...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 8:21 pm

I went to Walgreens and Kroger today and didnt purchase anything. They had great sales might I add too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th January 2010, 9:04 pm

well lynn, even though your hair needs protein; try out the homemade protein mix first. afterall, part of the challenge is to save money-remember!

curlymo...gooood lawd thats alot of products!

it really doesnt seem like you have alot until u actually list them. i think i'll start incorporating taking inventory once every 6 months. i felt bad cuz i gave away my suave coconut to my brother around xmas and quickly replaced it before the new years. but i feel like i DEFINITELY need to keep it in stock! i have to resist temptation from marshalls and tj maxx; since im NOT buying clothes til i lose weight i have no reason to shop in there for now!

WE CAN DO IT LADIES!! January will be over before we know it; 2 months to go!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 11th January 2010, 9:38 pm

@CurlyMo: That's great!

@iri & Lynn: woot! We need to celebrate the small victories. LOL

@Nubie: Along the same lines, I plan to keep all of my products in one place to help me keep track of what I have. I currently have them in three places (bathroom linen closet, hallway closet and in a storage container) so it's easy to lose track.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th January 2010, 9:47 pm

i like to at least attempt to stay organized so i got a big pink storage drawer from target ($Cool and i keep my oils n butters inside. on top i keep a basket for hair accessories and another for brushes n combs. i put all my condish's n poos in a shopping bag next to my drawer!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 10:57 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:well lynn, even though your hair needs protein; try out the homemade protein mix first. afterall, part of the challenge is to save money-remember!

curlymo...gooood lawd thats alot of products!

it really doesnt seem like you have alot until u actually list them. i think i'll start incorporating taking inventory once every 6 months. i felt bad cuz i gave away my suave coconut to my brother around xmas and quickly replaced it before the new years. but i feel like i DEFINITELY need to keep it in stock! i have to resist temptation from marshalls and tj maxx; since im NOT buying clothes til i lose weight i have no reason to shop in there for now!

WE CAN DO IT LADIES!! January will be over before we know it; 2 months to go!

I dont know how I feel about putting those expensive eggs (Egglands Best) in my hair. I'm not trying to save money. I just want to get my PJism under control. I think I am gonna get the Smooth as Silk after I take my mini twist out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 6:50 pm

CurlyMo wrote:WOW your hair is beautiful..

I just finished steaming my hair and i washed out my DC (EVOO & Coconut Oil) I used EO Lavender & Aloe Moisturizing Condish as you sujested is an everything with sopping wet hair and it did the trick my hair looks great!!!!

THANK YOU VERY, VERY, MUCH!!!
Thanks, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] for great hair! You are very welcome!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 8:13 pm

Well ladies, it happened. I broke down. I didn't think I could be swayed, but I was. Sad Let me explain.

I was in Target browsing around, doing my usual sweep of the items on clearance throughout the store. The sun was out and it's considerably warmer, so I was in a great mood. sunny After finding some great deals on workout gear, I swung around to the clearance section in health & beauty. That's when I saw it.No They still had the Giovanni shampoo and conditioner holiday packs. pale I innocently looked down at them, curious to know how much they were. I couldn't believe the price staring back at me. Shocked So I bent down and looked closer. "No way", I thought. Shocked I still could not believe it, so I reached down and picked one up to get an even closer look. Yep, I saw that right: $3.98. affraid Giovanni shampoo and conditioner for $3.98. The cheapest I've ever seen is $4.99 each when Whole Foods has it on sale. I heard all of your voices shouting out to me: "Don't do it Traveljunkie. You have enough shampoo and conditioner. Be strong." So I put it back and walked away. cheers

I'm not sure what happened next. All I know is when I put my items on the belt to checkout, I had three of the holiday packs in my cart: two tea tree triple treat and one smooth as silk. Evil or Very Mad When I got home, I thought about taking them back. Rolling Eyes I thought about doing something noble like Erica and give them away.Neutral But, I've decided to keep them. I thought about not telling you guys. silent But, that's not like me.

So...there you have it. I feel bad Crying or Very sad , but then again I don't because I got a GREAT deal. dance I'll probably go through my stash again this week and re-evaluate some things. I expect to either toss some stuff or add it to the donate box.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th January 2010, 8:49 pm

well travel...i aint even gonna lie; wit a deal LIKE THAT, i know i wouldnt of had the will power to leave it. actually i have the smooth silk and tea tree and STILL would've taken the deal. ONLY becuz i know giovanni will stay in heavy rotation. i cant judge and i aint even mad; at least your honest. just make sure you "fine" yourself and add that amount to your stash acct. Im already at $70 and thats cuz i punished myself from looking and buying around the holidays.

i still got faith in you cuz you have good intentions!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 9:12 pm

Thanks, Nubie!!! I'll definitely fine myself.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 9:34 pm

TravelJunkie, I'm glad you came forward. Dont forget to add those ideas to your list.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 13th January 2010, 12:32 am

There is something about that Giovanni. It be calling me! Good to see that at least we're honest addicts Smile $3.98 for both!!!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th January 2010, 1:14 am

Hello ladies, I came to edit my stash list. My butter that I won, so in fairness I am updating my list.

See I am a good crackhead! lol!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next