CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: A Big Sis : )

+4
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
blondie
Courtney
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WANTED: A Big Sis :  ) - Page 3 Empty Re: WANTED: A Big Sis : )

Post by Courtney 4th January 2010, 11:11 am

IB-

Yes the dryness is killing me. I've connected with TJ and Sweet, I'm off to find Lynn next.
Also thanks for the Avi reminder. I keep meaning to do that.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 11th January 2010, 10:56 pm

I wanted to update my thread...

My hair is feeling more moisturized.
Since my BC I've been co-washing, staying away from the cones, and I've done a few DC's.

I also bagged my hair overnight with conditioner (aubrey organics honeysuckle rose and jojoba oil)

Here's a pic from today... a twist out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th January 2010, 1:35 am

Very cute Courtney. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I still can't believe that 3-4 inches can look so full. Now I am getting excited. Are you enjoying doing your hair more? do you have less shedding?
Remember to try to document what you try(products, tx,etc) and what works and doesnt work. That makes it alot easier for you to reference. Also try to remember to measure your growth every couple of months. Your 4 inches were right on track according to normal standards (1/2 inch growth per month) before you BC. So it will be amazing to see your progress over the next 6 months. I am sooo excited for you. Keep us posted.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 12th January 2010, 3:38 am

Very nice!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th January 2010, 10:39 am

Courtney looking good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I love the headband.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 12th January 2010, 11:04 am

Thank you ladies-

IB-I have to say I'm VERY happy with the growth. I was so worried before BC'ing that I would look like I had no hair, not to mention I stopped relaxing because my hair was thinning so bad especially at my temples. I get so excited when I see how full it is. I have hardly any shedding.

I have to say I LOVE my natural hair. I won't go back to relaxing. I still have so much to learn, but it is the best decision I could have ever made. I don't think I mentioned this but this was my 2nd attempt at going natural. The first time I went 3 months without a relaxer, and gave up. Of course I had no idea how to manage the 2 textures, and really didn't have a clue about taking care of natural hair. My goal now it to obtain and retain length.

I'm so excited for you to BC-March 17th right? I can't wait, I'm really excited for you Very Happy

I'm really keeping it simple. Co-wash 1-2xs/week, no cones, DC-Aubrey Organics/KKKT leave in/ jojoba oil to seal. My biggest challenge is to stop messing with my hair.... lol! I'm thinking about purchasing Alma and Olive Heavy Cream from Qhemetics....Have you tried anything from their line?

Thank you again for the support....I'm learning so much from all the lovely naturals here Smile
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 12th January 2010, 11:09 am

Blondie-

Thank you.
I'm cone free, and I do feel my hair is in better shape. I must admit it was hard giving up the HEHH because my hair seemed to really like it; but now I don't miss it.

I've also learned that my hair likes jojoba oil...I may try the coconut oil again. Its crazy how everyone is different. This journey is really about trial and error....

Blonde By Desire-
Thank you lady.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th January 2010, 1:58 pm

Courtney what are you using to co-wash?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 12th January 2010, 6:47 pm

@Blonde by Desire

I'm using the Vo5 moisture milk, strawberries and cream.
Do you follow the CG method?
I can't say I won't ever shampoo again, but right now, the co-washing is working for me.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th January 2010, 4:01 am

Courtney wrote:Thank you ladies-

IB-I have to say I'm VERY happy with the growth. I was so worried before BC'ing that I would look like I had no hair, not to mention I stopped relaxing because my hair was thinning so bad especially at my temples. I get so excited when I see how full it is. I have hardly any shedding.

I have to say I LOVE my natural hair. I won't go back to relaxing. I still have so much to learn, but it is the best decision I could have ever made. I don't think I mentioned this but this was my 2nd attempt at going natural. The first time I went 3 months without a relaxer, and gave up. Of course I had no idea how to manage the 2 textures, and really didn't have a clue about taking care of natural hair. My goal now it to obtain and retain length.

I'm so excited for you to BC-March 17th right? I can't wait, I'm really excited for you Very Happy

I'm really keeping it simple. Co-wash 1-2xs/week, no cones, DC-Aubrey Organics/KKKT leave in/ jojoba oil to seal. My biggest challenge is to stop messing with my hair.... lol! I'm thinking about purchasing Alma and Olive Heavy Cream from Qhemetics....Have you tried anything from their line?

Thank you again for the support....I'm learning so much from all the lovely naturals here Smile

Yes, March 17th (God willing) will be my BC date. I am excited as well. You inspire that.
I am glad you are enjoying it and your routine sounds simple and effective. Your biggest challenge sounds like a nice one to have....lol.
I have heard some very good things of the Qhemetic line, however I have not tried it. Has the dryness stopped yet?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 13th January 2010, 4:05 pm

IB-The dryness is much better.

Today I did a co-wash (the plan is 1-2 per week as needed) and a DC with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. I sat with my heat cap for an hour. I'll do twists again tonight. I think I may order some of the Qhemetics...we'll see.

I wanted to add that I'm taking the Hair Skin and Nails vitamin from GNC. Do you take any supplements? I'm not expecting any miracles, but since I like to take a daily vitamin, I decided to give them a try.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th January 2010, 12:31 pm

Courtney wrote:@Blonde by Desire

I'm using the Vo5 moisture milk, strawberries and cream.
Do you follow the CG method?
I can't say I won't ever shampoo again, but right now, the co-washing is working for me.

No CG method yet? I haven't BC'd yet - still in transition. My plan is for 18mths which would be around end of May. I'm thinking it may be soon then that - maybe April after my next color touch up.

Your hair looks great, and I like that you keep it simple.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th January 2010, 3:11 pm

Yes I take a hair vitamin and MSM supplement.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 14th January 2010, 11:27 pm

I've tried the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Honey and Olive Hydrating Balm, the Alma Pomade and a spray oil (forget the name) from Qhemet Biologics. My favorite is the hydrating balm.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 16th January 2010, 4:47 pm

@ BLONDIE-
I may have to place an order. I've heard nothing but good things about the AOHC...

@IB- I purchased a small journal just to record my hair progress/routine (great suggestion by the way). Yesterday I I washed my hair with KC Come Clean, I felt like I had some build up, and then, because I was going to be home all day decided to try a wash n go. I used the KCKT and KCCC. I also used a Denman to make the curls pop. While I had nicely defined curls, I was surprised-MAJOR shrinkage. I slept with a satin bonnet, and I wanted to see what my second day hair would look like. OMGoodness, I had a helmet head.... Shocked
Thank goodness I'm going to be home all day.

I still haven't found a go to style. Tonight I will put in twists.

On a positive note, my hair feels so healthy and soft.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 16th January 2010, 5:07 pm

Courtney wrote:@ BLONDIE-
I may have to place an order. I've heard nothing but good things about the AOHC...

@IB- I purchased a small journal just to record my hair progress/routine (great suggestion by the way). Yesterday I I washed my hair with KC Come Clean, I felt like I had some build up, and then, because I was going to be home all day decided to try a wash n go. I used the KCKT and KCCC. I also used a Denman to make the curls pop. While I had nicely defined curls, I was surprised-MAJOR shrinkage. I slept with a satin bonnet, and I wanted to see what my second day hair would look like. OMGoodness, I had a helmet head.... Shocked

That's why I use the Elasta QP Feels Like silk as a base styler and Uncle Funky's Curly Magic (same thing as KCCC, just get more and cheaper) as a spot styler.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 16th January 2010, 6:27 pm

@Blondie-
I'm going to try the Elasta QP....

What do you mean by base styler vs.
spot syler?
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 16th January 2010, 6:56 pm

Courtney wrote:@Blondie-
I'm going to try the Elasta QP....

What do you mean by base styler vs.
spot syler?

I use the Feels Like Silk over the whole head and the Curly Magic on individual pieces as needed.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th January 2010, 2:35 am

Courtney wrote:@ BLONDIE-

@IB- I purchased a small journal just to record my hair progress/routine (great suggestion by the way). Yesterday I I washed my hair with KC Come Clean, I felt like I had some build up, and then, because I was going to be home all day decided to try a wash n go. I used the KCKT and KCCC. I also used a Denman to make the curls pop. While I had nicely defined curls, I was surprised-MAJOR shrinkage. I slept with a satin bonnet, and I wanted to see what my second day hair would look like. OMGoodness, I had a helmet head.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am happy to see you documenting your progress and remember to take pics at diff phases of growth too, for comparision shots. Very happy your hair to healthy and soft. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Now we just have to get that go to style and you will be all set....hummmm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th January 2010, 6:56 pm

I love the avatar and you are doing great with your hair!! Keep it going!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 17th January 2010, 8:47 pm

Thank you SweetDark. Very Happy
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 27th January 2010, 2:06 pm

I wanted to give a hair update.
Tomorrow marks 4 weeks post BC
woot!
Time goes by so quickly....
Here's what I'm doing this week:
On Sunday I washed my hair with Deva Curl NO POO....I LOVE this sulfate free conditioning shampoo. My hair feels so nice and soft.
I used Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave in.
I let my hair air dry about 80% and then I did some twists. I'm getting better with them.....Tues and Wed I wore the twists out (after sleeping with a satin bonnet), and Wed evening (tonight) I'm going to try re-twisting dry. I'm trying to only wash or co-wash once a week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here's the twist out Monday
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 27th January 2010, 8:15 pm

Lovely!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 4:20 am

VERY NICE COURTNEY. Next pics give us some side, top and back shots of that lovely hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 3rd February 2010, 10:15 pm

Time just keeps moving. I'm officially 1 month fully natural, 9 months post relaxer.
Monday I shampooed my hair. I felt it was time, since I hadn't shampooed in a 3 weeks. I used Kinky Curly Come Clean, and for a conditioner I used Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose DC. For my leave in I mixed KC-Knot Today with a little jojoba oil. My hair felt soft, and moisturized.

As you all know I've been trying to get down the twist, so I spent 3.5 hours slowly and methodically twisting my hair. These are my best twists yet, I've had them in since then, wearing scarves....Tomorrow I will take them down. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I take them out.

So that is new with me.

I was just thinking about summertime. Im so over winter:evil:. I live in Michigan, the winters seem to last forever. Just dreaming of the day that I can wash n' go, and actually leave the house! dance
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next