CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweetdrk1

+59
TerraD
Shauny
BindyMac08
missmoriah
exhale1913
bholmes87
A85
Curlz of Luv
neethair
SisterBoyd
FemmeFox
BlakButterfli
RayMingy
MahoganyCurls
StephanieB
vmichelle
KinkyNappyHappy
tsa919
naturalmommyGA
Notthecoolmom
truet
Erica5417
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
p_nuttie43
Courtney
iri9109
Pinkrage
Corygentri
d.denise
jamaicacurl
SheeTacular
meeksj1
NubieNatty
adiaha
DanceOnTheSkylines
traveljunkie08
.:Eden:.
CocaColaCutie
HumanNature
LilMsPuddles
Kea::curls
NaturalNixon
Blackbeauty
Serenity23
curly+kinky+fierce
lovesunshine17
Intelligentbeauty
Leila
Curly Film Chick
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
Courtie
dajewel
nmoultry
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
63 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Sweetdrk1

Post by sweetdrk1 27th February 2010, 1:20 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I am sick of this snow too, Sweet. Rain is suppose to be headed our way too. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_mad
I am so very ready for spring.. this is me Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dreami10

NubieNatty wrote:ok, gimme the quick n simple term on how to shingle??? i will try the raking more product at the top but wont it take much longer to dry?
Shingle is the process of smothing the process in your hair in sections. So after you apply it all over..take sections and smooth your from root to tip. You will get even distribution of the product and it helps define your curl. I have to do this on top or I get all frizz. Then I shake and let it dry. I have not found that the drying time is longer doing this at all.

Lynnieluve wrote:What's your favorite Pooka scent?
My everyday scent is the Vanilla Sand Lynn! However... I like the pomegranate too. What I love the most is the frangance last. Someone is always stopping me asking what perfume I have on. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Herz

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning,

Wow, those twists are really long. I can't wait to see the twist out.

I know how you feel about all the snow. Luckily we just a dusting and high winds.
Thank you..they aren't long now. LOL my curl will not be denied...shrinkage has taken over. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_lol Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01413 as you can see the frizz has started to take over, so I will be taking the down today. I will post pics later!

Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 678474 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 879602 I can't end this without sharing this Maxwell and Jill Scott on tour together!! Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 2:45 pm

I ended up getting the papaya body butter and the hair nectar. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_cheers

Your twist look like mine. I am gonna twist out tomorrow. If I go anywhere today, I will be rockin my Jcurls original.

One thing about our hair at this length is using products with a soft hold does not equal longevity with your twist. I used my shea butter mix under the BeeMine Curly Butter and my twist are soft and moisturized but they are shrunken and curling up on themselves.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th February 2010, 12:22 am

i made sure i took advantage of my $3 shipping!! OMG...christmas in March! now i will be stalkin the fed ex man all next week Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_bounce
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th February 2010, 12:29 am

[quote="sweetdrk1"]
Intelligentbeauty wrote:I am sick of this snow too, Sweet. Rain is suppose to be headed our way too. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_mad

LOL... Laughing ..... ME TOO.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 28th February 2010, 12:30 am

[quote="sweetdrk1"]

NubieNatty wrote:ok, gimme the quick n simple term on how to shingle??? i will try the raking more product at the top but wont it take much longer to dry?
Shingle is the process of smothing the process in your hair in sections. So after you apply it all over..take sections and smooth your from root to tip. You will get even distribution of the product and it helps define your curl. I have to do this on top or I get all frizz. Then I shake and let it dry. I have not found that the drying time is longer doing this at all.

Lynnieluve wrote:What's your favorite Pooka scent?
My everyday scent is the Vanilla Sand Lynn! However... I like the pomegranate too. What I love the most is the frangance last. Someone is always stopping me asking what perfume I have on. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Herz

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning,

Wow, those twists are really long. I can't wait to see the twist out.

I know how you feel about all the snow. Luckily we just a dusting and high winds.
Thank you..they aren't long now. LOL my curl will not be denied...shrinkage has taken over. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_lol Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01413 as you can see the frizz has started to take over, so I will be taking the down today. I will post pics later!

Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 678474 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 879602 I can't end this without sharing this Maxwell and Jill Scott on tour together!! Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583 Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 617583[/quote]

Sweet- I'm excited about this tour as well. Do you know when the tickets go on sale??
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th February 2010, 12:34 am

umm neet...did u REALLY need to copy everything just to ask about ticket sales, lmaoooo!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 28th February 2010, 12:53 am

LMAO!!!!! Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_redface
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 2:12 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I ended up getting the papaya body butter and the hair nectar. Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_cheers

Your twist look like mine. I am gonna twist out tomorrow. If I go anywhere today, I will be rockin my Jcurls original.

One thing about our hair at this length is using products with a soft hold does not equal longevity with your twist. I used my shea butter mix under the BeeMine Curly Butter and my twist are soft and moisturized but they are shrunken and curling up on themselves.
I like the Papaya too...and you already know how I feel about the nectar!!! Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Herz Well I took them down and I got a lot of compliments today. It was a funky fro kinda thingy! LOL! My nephew REALLY liked it he was like that's hot Aunty! That made me smile!!

NubieNatty wrote:i made sure i took advantage of my $3 shipping!! OMG...christmas in March! now i will be stalkin the fed ex man all next week Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_bounce
Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_wink

NubieNatty wrote:umm neet...did u REALLY need to copy everything just to ask about ticket sales, lmaoooo!!
lol leeeb Neet alone!!

neethair wrote:LMAO!!!!! Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Icon_redface
LOL, tell her Maxwell and Jill gets you all excited!!

Hair update:

First...I did the twist out! I like it, I am getting better I just want my twist to stay straight for petes sake!! But tell me what you all think..honestly please...

Second...my shea butter arrived from butter n bars!!! It's Mango pineapple...mmmmm Imma smell good from head to toe!!cheers Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01414

I had a really good time today. I spent it with my godmommy and sisters. One of them is fighting breast cancer and just had her surgery...she is winning this battle and I am so thankful. I pray for her constantly. Her hair is coming back and it is silky and she is no longer wearing a wrap. She has her earrings and she is working it! I love her soo much...we just had girl time in the kitchen just the four of us. I always feel rejuvenated when I am with them. I love you I love you I love you
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 28th February 2010, 10:40 am

Your hair looks great - let me know how you like the BNB shea butter.

Glad to hear good things about the fight for breast. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sounds like you had a good day.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 10:45 am

Thanks, they all loved my hair! As for the Shea butter, ok I will. I went on their site for the first time last night. I saw a few things I want to try like that aloe Vera spritz
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 28th February 2010, 3:44 pm

Sweet, I'm loving the twistout. I wore mine pinned on both sides today and I know what you mean about them being straight. I have one on top sticks straight up.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th February 2010, 4:55 pm

i live in NY so the snow is bad right now...but my cousin sent me pics of NJ and its way worse there!! What sucks is its crazy sunny now so all of that snow is turning into slush and there are puddles everywhere.....i cant wait for spring or summer!

You are on point with your hair! Your progress is incredible and your length retention....im jealous!!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 5:02 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:Sweet, I'm loving the twistout. I wore mine pinned on both sides today and I know what you mean about them being straight. I have one on top sticks straight up.
Thank you NTCM!!

cutephantasm wrote:i live in NY so the snow is bad right now...but my cousin sent me pics of NJ and its way worse there!! What sucks is its crazy sunny now so all of that snow is turning into slush and there are puddles everywhere.....i cant wait for spring or summer!

You are on point with your hair! Your progress is incredible and your length retention....im jealous!!
CP they are talking about more snow on Wed!!! Mad It doesn't make sense that every time I leave the house I have to shovel to get a park. MESS!! ok you take my hair and I will take that body!!! LOL thank you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th February 2010, 5:10 pm

lol...

more snow????? i think this is the most snow we've had since maybe the blizzard of '96!! I miss our mild winters...and how about Summer last year? I think there were only about 2 weeks where it went above 80 degrees!! Most of the time it was in low-mid 70's and RAINING!!

global warming....smh
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 5:18 pm

exactly, then all of these earthquakes, Tsunami's and hurricanes..The snow in the south!! unreal!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 10:39 pm

Evening Curlfriends...

today was a completely lazy day for me. I didn't take my twist down so nothing to update. I did discover if I tie them down with a scarf they don't curl up on themselves..so I am looking forward to the take down. I will seal my ends with my Pooka Hair Nectar and tie it down for the night!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th February 2010, 11:11 pm

Spending time with other ladies is a great thing. I will pray for your extended family's health and strength during her fight.

I am so ready for the spring!

I heard about the tour with Maxwell and Jill Scott Friday. I am so ready to see two of my favorite artists together. Shucks I may see them here then go to another city to see them again. I LOVE them both.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 11:22 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Spending time with other ladies is a great thing. I will pray for your extended family's health and strength during her fight.

I am so ready for the spring!

I heard about the tour with Maxwell and Jill Scott Friday. I am so ready to see two of my favorite artists together. Shucks I may see them here then go to another city to see them again. I LOVE them both.

we are so on the same page with that!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st March 2010, 1:05 am

Sweet, I love the twist out. They came out really well Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st March 2010, 2:22 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Sweet~

That photo thing is too cute. How did you create that inquiring minds want to know.

You hair is looking sooo good!!!! Growth, Growth, Growth!!!!!

Thank you yes I love the growth! It is very easy on picturetrail.com. You upload the pics pick the type you want and they do the work for you. Save it and get the code. It is reallly easy!

Really???? I'm off to the site...thanks for sharing Sweet!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st March 2010, 2:27 am

Hi Sweet

I can't see the twist-out.. Sad However, your twists are nice. I've tracked your progress since I've joined, and even I can see your growth!!!! So what do you contribute your growth to? Just curious.

I wish I could see the twist out.....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 2:36 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Sweet

I can't see the twist-out.. Sad However, your twists are nice. I've tracked your progress since I've joined, and even I can see your growth!!!! So what do you contribute your growth to? Just curious.

sorry but here you go Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01416

Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01417
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st March 2010, 2:42 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi Sweet

sorry but here you go Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01416

Sweetdrk1 - Page 39 Dsc01417

OMGoodness....Sweet your hair is sooo pretty!!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 2:54 am

Thank you KNH!! as for your question, I am really just doing the basics. I keep it moisturized and clean, outside of that I have no secrets. I DC every 2 wks. But honest nothing special yet..No henna or powders. I am so very intimidated by this stuff!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st March 2010, 9:22 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Thank you KNH!! as for your question, I am really just doing the basics. I keep it moisturized and clean, outside of that I have no secrets. I DC every 2 wks. But honest nothing special yet..No henna or powders. I am so very intimidated by this stuff!

I posted this like in my thread...

http://www.roundbrushhair.com/cellophanes.aspx?page=2

I plan to call the company today. If I get a good understanding of the product, and they tell me it will cover grey 100% I plan to use this instead of henna. Just based on what I've read henna takes some time, and time is not what I have a lot of right now.

Anyway.....your regiment is really working for you. I checked out the Pooka site, but I didn't see the option to select a fragrance? Am I missing something?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next