CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteé
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 10:01 pm

Ok...so I am now conditioning with Aussie Moist on dry hair (cornrows to be exact) while watching Jeopardy! I'm hoping this will help with my dryness. I'm going to use the honey conditioning treatment SweetDrk1 suggested on Wednesday and follow up with henna and indigo between Thursday and Friday...hopefully my curlformers are in by then...

While we are on the subject of curlformers...I stopped by a salon that my stylist friend works at (she did my big chop and the color but works primarily on relaxed hair) and told her about the wonderful results of the curlformers. I even showed her the wonderful results NMoultry had on my blackberry. Though impressed, she snidely remarked "your hair is too nappy to do that." What? I explained that different hair textures have had great results with the curlformers and she laughed and said, "Not your texture. You are going to look a mess." For a second (and just a second) it hurt my feelings, but I got over it and I'm still excited about the pending arrival of my curlformers! And I'm going to prove her wrong! I cannot deny my hair is super nappy...but I love my napps! What I used to hate, I've grown to love. I can't expect everyone to be on board. I guess that's why I love the CurlyNikki forum so much! A bunch of ladies that know where I coming from and can relate to the foolishness I have to endure!

My fantastic results will just show her what versatility these napps can truly achieve.

----Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by blondie 4th January 2010, 10:05 pm

Oh no she didn't.... Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Icon_eek
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 10:14 pm

Yes Blondie she did! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Affraid

---Reese Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th January 2010, 10:18 pm

WOW!! I can't wait until you prove her wrong. I have seen(on youtube) curlformers used on many different textures.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 10:27 pm

I know, right? These 4b tresses better not fail me! Reese loves a challenge! I'll probably send pics to her phone immediately after taking out the curlformers with the caption "Told ya so!", lol! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Lol Kinda spiteful, huh?
Go hair go, go hair go! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 879602

Thanks so much for your support! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Icon_flower

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th January 2010, 10:31 pm

WOW!! The nerve of some people!! I'm glad no one has come at me like that. I am thankful to see how you all react to these type of situations so I will know what to say and do because I believe I will end up letting somebody have it. Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Icon_evil
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 11:19 pm

I'm off to wash out the AussieMoist, *crosses her fingers* I'm hoping for moisturized hair. It's my first time using the AussieMoist and though I am yet to find out how it affects my hair...it smells DELICIOUS! If it works as well as it smells, my tresses will be back in business!!! I almost don't want to wash it out!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Icon_flower

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 4th January 2010, 11:37 pm

You shoulda said, "GIRL BYE!!" lol My friend says that everytime someone says something she doesn't like. You'll show her sis...Don't let her steal your joy Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 11:58 pm

Thanks for having my back AfrikanLatina! I used to say "Girl Bye" too! How funny is that? Unfortunately all that came to my mind at the time was, "She has the same napps I have...lathered in creamy crack that is, I prefer a curlformers set with body thank you very much, body that creamy crack cannot acheive!" Made myself feel much better!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 5th January 2010, 12:42 am

OK That Wanch right there. And yes I said wanch. Why she gotta be so nasty!! Need to do a ridedownthere.com on her..lol

Anyways. I like your texture its full and thick. She just hating cuz she look like a wet chicken.

Ok wooosah...
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 12:53 am

LMBO!!!!!!! SheeTacular you are TOO funny!!! You are awesome! Lol@ Wet Chicken!!!! I'm over here dying!!!!!

Ha ha! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Lol

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 5th January 2010, 2:19 am

What is up with people thinking they can say whatever to whomever. I guess she thought it was cool because she's your girl but that was so out of line. I just dont get people. I havent had to many negative comments but the few that Ive received baffled.

You have a texture like mine so I cant wait to see your curlformer set. Doubt have the patience/dexterity to do it myself but who knows what'll happen months from now.

Loved today's girl BTW.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 2:54 am

Thanks Adiaha! I'm sure you do have the patience/dexterity to do it...you just haven't put yourself to the test yet! Let me shut up...I haven't put myself to the test yet either!

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 9:15 am

DAY #25

I plan to take my Biotin and MSM shortly. I deep conditioned with the Aussie Moist on dry hair last night and rinsed (leaving a little of the conditioner in). I slept with one of the bootleg turbie twists on last night. I must say that this morning my hair is much more moisturized! I'm excited! I'm going to apply some BNB Shea to my ends and a bit of my homemade spritz.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 678474

Today's Girl: Lourdes'

She's new... with a few subtle highlights!

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Img_0914
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Img_0915
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Img_0916

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY LADIES!!!
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th January 2010, 9:40 am

see I wasn't suppose to write anything I just typed...hahahahahahaa let's just say I was a bit PO'd at what your should be ex stylist had to say.

imma let the meds take me away now.

*walks away kickin stuff, mumblin that sista has a lot of nerve*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 11:39 am

Lourdes has you looking like a totally different person. I like that one too!!

You should be a private investigator...you already have the different looks down! Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 1:08 pm

LOL! Tiashauntee, funny you say that because I'm in that field. (Specifically an agent in the law enforcement realm). But I hope to make a "career shift" this year!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 1:11 pm

I did not know that!! I guess that means that it is truly your calling.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 5th January 2010, 2:10 pm

One thing that I've learned is that when someone makes a derogatory/negative remark about me, it actually says more about them than it says about me. If someone has the nerve to say something like that, then they've got "issues". Not you. Definitely send her a pic of your successful curlformers set. Can't wait to see it!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 2:16 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:One thing that I've learned is that when someone makes a derogatory/negative remark about me, it actually says more about them than it says about me. If someone has the nerve to say something like that, then they've got "issues". Not you. Definitely send her a pic of your successful curlformers set. Can't wait to see it!!!

So true and most of the time those who make the negative comments will turn right around and ask you for help with their hair. It's happened to me a few times
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2010, 3:40 pm

That's true! Still no sign of the curlformers yet...can't wait to get home and check my doorstep!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 5th January 2010, 4:27 pm

[quote="Freestyles"]I know, right? These 4b tresses better not fail me! Reese loves a challenge! I'll probably send pics to her phone immediately after taking out the curlformers with the caption "Told ya so!", lol! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Lol Kinda spiteful, huh?

HANDLE IT REESE!
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 5th January 2010, 4:28 pm

Reese....I try honey I try to keep people laughing...glad I can make you smile.

I need tips on picking out some hair..I'm thinking about picking up a couple of 'girls' in the near future.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th January 2010, 4:30 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Reese....I try honey I try to keep people laughing...glad I can make you smile.

I need tips on picking out some hair..I'm thinking about picking up a couple of 'girls' in the near future.

I went to go buy a girl...well half of one...I was nervous...It felt like buying condoms for the first time, LOL. But they did not have my color so I will have to go back. I was going to cornrow and rock a fake puff this month. I will save that for next month. Reese has encouraged me to branch out!

Last edited by tiashauntee on 5th January 2010, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 5th January 2010, 4:54 pm

tiashauntee, LMBO @felt like buying condoms for the first time! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 9 Lol
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next