CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty Typical New Year's Resolution

Post by Freestyles 2nd January 2011, 12:05 am

WARNING: NOT HAIR RELATED elephant

Ok, so of course one of my New Year's Resolutions like many others is to lose weight! While in my last position I gained around 60lbs in less than a year. Well, I quit my job and decided to go to school full time. I thought I'd lose the weight prior to entering law school. NOT. I thought I'd lose the weight by the end of my first semester. NOT. So here I am, on the verge of entering my second semester and the number on my pesky scale has been creeping up instead of down. I used to be some what of a gym rat years ago, but LIFE happened, and the weight piled on. My father recently sent a few pics of a vacation we took in the Bahamas in mid 2009...wow, what a difference. I've decided to use the pics as motivation to get my physical body back in shape. Besides, a healthy diet and exercise can only be a positive for my hair growth right? lol!

MID 2009: BAHAMAS I love you (sew-in weave short cut)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 London10

LATE 2009: LONDON Cool (short wig)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 London11

DEC 2010: FLORIDA (Uggh! I'm disgusted) No
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 London12

I've gotta lose this weight! Embarassed
Later ladies...

---Reese afro

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd January 2011, 12:33 am

You can do it Reese!!! I picked up a few pounds over the holidays that I want to get loose too. Good luck on your fitness journey!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2011, 10:59 pm

Reese you are not alone!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 7:01 am

Reese we all can lose a few. Hang in there you can do it. I need to lose a good 25 pounds...so I'm with you on this journey. I plan to eliminate sweets, and drink plenty of water for starters. Gotta figure out how to get that gym in my schedule.

Good luck you can do it!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd January 2011, 6:34 pm

Happy New Year!

I think eating properly is much more important than exercising. Try to see how you can lose one to two pounds a week. This will help you ease into eating differently. Also, incorporate weight training into your workout routine. It definitely helps to shape your body. You can do it!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty Getting my body back!

Post by Freestyles 3rd January 2011, 8:58 pm

Hey Ladies...hope all is well and I pray everyone's 2011 is off to a fantastic start. Only 3 days into the new year and I've worked out in some form or another all 3 days! WHOO-HOO!Laughing

Dug up a real motivational picture: This is me in May 2009! Less than 2 years ago! This is what I'm trying my best to get back to. I've set a goal of getting back to this weight and muscle tone by August 2011 or before... WISH ME LUCK!

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Fitnes10

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Fitnes11

Thanks so much for your support!

I'm anxiously awaiting my Senegalese Twist appointment this Friday...I was going to henna and indigo again, but I think I'll pass. Just planning to do a steam treatment and deep condition prior to my salon visit. Also, I didn't trim this time around, but I think I'll definitely need a trim at the end of this twist stretch! Hopefully when I reveal my tresses I'll reveal a new body too, lol. Later gals...

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2011, 9:47 pm

That is great inspiration!!

I started the biggest loser workout on the Kinect yesterday. I didn't think I did much but clearly I did...I am aching today. I am set to workout again tmrw..
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2011, 8:13 am

hi there,

I am back on my fitness grind too. It so hard with the comfort foods calling your name when it's cold outside. BUT WE CAN DO IT!! WE CAN ALL DO IT!!
WE JUST HAVE TO DO IT..... cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty My "girls" are back for a limited time only!

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2011, 4:05 pm

Hey ladies!

Well my Barbados braids have started to look a bit rusty and I'm being a bit lazy when it comes to my hair so guess what? I dusted off a few of my "girls". For those of you that don't know, I call my wigs my "girls." Over a period of time, I accumulated between 50-60 wigs when I was on my wig kick. They even had their own closet(2 actually)! Now that I've moved and downsized since entering school full time again, my girls no longer have their own closet Sad

They've been reduced to large ziplock bags and bunched up into a large tupperware bin. They are SO mad at me! Evil or Very Mad lol!

Anywho, here are my girls over the past few days (no budget for any new ones)...

CHURCH SUNDAY
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Sewage10
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Sewage11

GYM GIRL
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Sewage12

I wanted to do another twist out before hiding my hair with the senegalese twists on Friday but with wash day scheduled on Thursday...I'm not so sure.

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 4th January 2011, 4:10 pm

They both look good ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th January 2011, 5:02 pm

cheers The girls are back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2011, 12:41 am

T-H-E G-I-R-L-S A-R-E-B-A-C-K!!!!

The "gym girl" is really cute!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th January 2011, 2:20 am

omg free...u are hilaaaaarious... Razz u got alot goin on over here. i think it took me a good hour to catch up...in between workin a fire at work Rolling Eyes but i love ur story. so jealous cuz i'd love to go to barbados **cue rude boy song** but umm yea when i seen ur pics earlier i was like "why is she takin pics wit rollers at a beauty supply store scratch " then u said it was ur closet Shocked

but doesnt that suck for u to be so excited to show off ur natural pride only for them to straight dog u out Mad now u find urself defending YOUR decision! now holllld up n stop the presses...u are NOT alone wit the weight issue. LIFE definitely happens cuz i have no idea how an extra 40lbs creeped up on me within the last year affraid no i havent been as skinny as you since high school but uh...did u get a boob job? cuz u go from lil TLC boobs in the 1st pic to anna nicole's on the 2nd one...BTW...i love that dress too!! i look back at my pics from early last year and im just ashamed in myself. its so hard to keep up wit a workout reggie, its like ok i dont deserve to eat this but the buffalo wings n chocolate keep callin me...i did manage to start the kick off wit losin 5lbs and thats from doin little stuff; not eating late, lack of fried foods, i dont drink soda's so it wasnt hard but i DO dilute my juice or drink waters with lemon ONLY! if i can stop havin ADD when doin aerobics n exercise vids on tv i could get somewhere, til then i do exercise games on the wii like zumba..which really is fun!

good luck though free, either way u are lookin good.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 5th January 2011, 9:20 am

LOVE THE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 5th January 2011, 11:22 am

NubieNatty wrote:omg free...u are hilaaaaarious... Razz u got alot goin on over here. i think it took me a good hour to catch up...in between workin a fire at work Rolling Eyes but i love ur story. so jealous cuz i'd love to go to barbados **cue rude boy song** but umm yea when i seen ur pics earlier i was like "why is she takin pics wit rollers at a beauty supply store scratch " then u said it was ur closet Shocked

but doesnt that suck for u to be so excited to show off ur natural pride only for them to straight dog u out Mad now u find urself defending YOUR decision! now holllld up n stop the presses...u are NOT alone wit the weight issue. LIFE definitely happens cuz i have no idea how an extra 40lbs creeped up on me within the last year affraid no i havent been as skinny as you since high school but uh...did u get a boob job? cuz u go from lil TLC boobs in the 1st pic to anna nicole's on the 2nd one...BTW...i love that dress too!! i look back at my pics from early last year and im just ashamed in myself. its so hard to keep up wit a workout reggie, its like ok i dont deserve to eat this but the buffalo wings n chocolate keep callin me...i did manage to start the kick off wit losin 5lbs and thats from doin little stuff; not eating late, lack of fried foods, i dont drink soda's so it wasnt hard but i DO dilute my juice or drink waters with lemon ONLY! if i can stop havin ADD when doin aerobics n exercise vids on tv i could get somewhere, til then i do exercise games on the wii like zumba..which really is fun!

good luck though free, either way u are lookin good.

Nubie - you are too funny - love your personality lol!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty Freestyles: No boob job here!

Post by Freestyles 5th January 2011, 8:13 pm

Haha Nubie! lol!

NO boob-job here! Whenever I lose weight (yo-yo dieter for years) my breasts are the first to go and shrivel up like raisins! And the last to go? My big belly of course. First boobs, then butt, then belly...that's how my body operates. I was definitely heavier in the 2nd picture, but a big difference is because the 1st was with no bra, 2nd with a bra.

That pic made them look way smaller than they really were too. Better pic:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 London10

Unfortunately I went from a 34B (college days) and now holding steady at a 42 D!!! WTH? Anywho, I guarantee once I stick to working out a few months straight I'll get my raisins back!!! It's funny because I used to wish for bigger breasts in highschool, but now that I have them all these years later, I want to give them back!

---Reese:afro:

Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 5th January 2011, 8:41 pm

u can do it freestyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yo, your buffed body reminds me of mine when i lived in europe for a min; i was in the best shape of my life!! i kinda wanna put the pic up on fb cuz am proud of it (yo, i had six/8 pack during those days), but my hair?? not so much...

i really need to get my act together, too...my behind playing mas in march....and i can't have them photos on fb, tjj, toronto-lime, etc showing me a hot mess. and i am going on a strenuous hiking trip to africa in the summer, and i need to be on point with my stamina...sigh...you can do it, freestyle!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th January 2011, 9:33 am

I love your girls especially gym girl. Is that one human hair? I'm going to get a wig this weekend, and I want one just like gym girl!!

Nubie is too funny...I've had boobs all my life, and now that I'm more seasoned...LOL I appreciate that my boobs keep me balanced. So no matter how much weight I gain...I still have somewhat of a shape!!! Still no excuse...I'm going to still lose 25lbs by my birthday which is in June!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Empty SHOP IN YOUR OWN CLOSET 2011 CHALLENGE!

Post by Freestyles 6th January 2011, 12:09 pm

Well, my senegalese twist appointment is set for tomorrow at an African Braiding Salon. I'm excited! I'm in the 2011 Grow Your Hair Challenge over on on the challenge thread, and since I plan to keep the twists the entire semester, it works out perfectly since the challenge is from Jan-April!
cheers
I've also implemented a few personal challenges of my own. One pertains to my weight loss goals. I have SO MANY CLOTHES!!! Not because I'm a shop-a-holic, but more so because I'm a pack rat! I have clothes that still have tags on them and can't even remember when I purchased them! So I'm entering a self-imposed: SHOP IN YOUR OWN CLOSET CHALLENGE 2011!!!
affraid
This means: NO CLOTHING PURCHASES FOR 2011! Embarassed

I guess I should be more specific. I have clothes in my closet(s) ranging from a size 2 to a size 16! Why? Because I've been a yo-yo dieter for the past 6+ years. Each year for the past few years I end up being able to wear most sizes in my closet because my weight unfortunately fluctuates just that much! Sad, but true Sad

My challenge entails that I cannot buy new clothes until either:

1.) I meet my weight loss goal (65lbs)
or
2.) January 1, 2012

I figure this should be incentive enough for me to get my butt in gear since most of my "cute clothes" are the smaller sizes. It will also help me to save some money too. My wallet acts like I'm not in school full time, so I must TIGHTEN UP!

EXCEPTIONS:
-I'll allow myself 3 free passes for special occassions only (weddings, parties, etc.)

-I'll allow myself to get my favorite clothing items altered to accomodate my shrinking waist! woot!

Challenge #2:
As a self-admitted product junkie, I have decided to try to use up my products as much as I can. Especially those products that I'm not the biggest fan of (hate to throw money down the drain). If I absolutely hate it, such as Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, I will give it away.

So this morning, after my gym workout, I used some Dr. Miracle growth oil (that stuff kinda burns/tingles) and all of some off brand detangling conditioner (Africa's Best Instant Detangling Conditoner with Aloe Vera) I bought from the BSS some months back, as well as some olive oil. My hair is currently under a shower cap but I will be rinsing it out soon in preparation for my twists tomorrow.

Today's Hair Plans: geek

--Rinse Oil/Conditioner Mixture from hair
--Shampoo
--Condition + Detangle
--Add deep conditioner + 4-6 flat twists
--Shower cap/Wig Combo (to run my errands while deep conditioning)
--Steam Treatment
--Rinse Conditioner
--Leave-In Treatment
--Sit under hooded dryer + 4-6 flat twists
--Band damp/dry hair for stretching
--DONE!

After taking out Barbados Braids:
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 22 Hair_l10

Coming soon: LENGTH CHECK FOR JAN 2011:

Sorry for the long post, but thanks if you hung in there!
Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22