CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal

3 posters

Go down

Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal Empty Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal

Post by reeko43 7th March 2011, 12:16 am

I am disappointed. I bought a couple of bags of the Karishma Herbal after reading rave reviews on this board and others. I paid $1.49 a bag as opposed to $6.00 for my boxes of summer crop 2010 baq Jamilla. I was hoping things would work out for the money savings.

When I poured the henna out, I noticed some small twiggy things, some lint looking stuff and pebble like stuff. I was a little surprised but I sifted it, no problem. When I started applying it to my hair, I noticed it had crumbly consistency, not smooth like Jamila. There was a lot of grit that made the henna hard to wash out as well. I won't waste the other bag I purchased but I think I will use the rest in glosses with a lot of conditioner Sad

Was the additional grit, twiggy and lint type stuff the other herbs? Has anyone else experienced this? I will say that I liked the color but I don't think it will be worth me trading in the Jamila. No

reeko43

Back to top Go down

Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal Empty Re: Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal

Post by MissyCee 7th March 2011, 1:13 am

I just used Karishma last week, no problems. I used Jamila ummm two weeks ago and it loosen more but the actual processes were the same. Sorry to hear about your problem.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal Empty Re: Not So Great Experience w/ Karishma Herbal

Post by CarlaAR 8th March 2011, 2:43 pm

I haven't used that brand of henna, but I had experienced that with other brands. That's why I don't use non-BAQ henna. Its too much of a PITA to apply and wash out. I don't want henna flakes on my shoulders for the next week. The last time I used non-BAQ henna it took two weeks and 4 washes over two weeks to get the twigs out of my hair.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by reeko43 8th March 2011, 9:18 pm

Well, I learned my lesson. The Jamila that I use is smooth and easy to wash out. I also didn't feel any benefit from the "additional herbs". It will be BAQ henna from here on out!

reeko43

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 8th March 2011, 9:21 pm

reeko43 wrote:Well, I learned my lesson. The Jamila that I use is smooth and easy to wash out. I also didn't feel any benefit from the "additional herbs". It will be BAQ henna from here on out!

I'm not sure what the length of your hair is, but the longer you hair gets, the more important BAQ henna will get. When you have up to 18" of hair to rinse out over and over and over again, it gets old after a while, LOL!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by reeko43 8th March 2011, 11:46 pm

CarlaAR wrote:I'm not sure what the length of your hair is, but the longer you hair gets, the more important BAQ henna will get. When you have up to 18" of hair to rinse out over and over and over again, it gets old after a while, LOL!

I am a little past APL and it got old pretty quickly because I ran out of hot water Mad

reeko43

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th March 2011, 3:00 am

reeko43 wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:I'm not sure what the length of your hair is, but the longer you hair gets, the more important BAQ henna will get. When you have up to 18" of hair to rinse out over and over and over again, it gets old after a while, LOL!

I am a little past APL and it got old pretty quickly because I ran out of hot water Mad

Grrrr! Run out of water or time. That is so annoying! Evil or Very Mad
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down