CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herbal Esccences??

+3
Curlock Holmes
Naturally Esq
NaturallyBriaful
7 posters

Go down

Herbal Esccences?? Empty Herbal Esccences??

Post by NaturallyBriaful 14th August 2010, 1:30 am

A few days ago i heard some things about herbal esscences so i decied to but the hello hydration shampoo and the totally twisted conditioner..for me personally i didnt like it that much.I could feel it like stripping my hair dry im so mad i wated 9 dollars anyne else used herbal esccences?reviews?
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Herbal Esccences?? Empty Re: Herbal Esccences??

Post by Naturally Esq 14th August 2010, 1:42 am

The Hello Hydration shampoo has sulfates in it, but the conditioner does not. I tried them in the beginning of my transition, but the shampoo was too drying. The conditioner was ok. However, Giovanni Products work best for my hair.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyBriaful 14th August 2010, 1:58 am

Whats giovanni? and i dont wanna waste my money should i still use them?
NaturallyBriaful
NaturallyBriaful

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 14th August 2010, 3:04 am

i didn't like Hello Hydration too much, I only tried the conditioner. To me, it wasn't as hydrating as Aussie Moist (although it did a hell of a job with curl definition). In the end I decided to give up cones.

I like Giovanni products as well, you can get them at Target, Whole Foods, and you can get large sizes for a good price at Marshalls. They are silicone free, if that's something that you like. You can find them for 7-9 dollars at target, Marshalls is 12-13 (but the huge size). More expensive than most drug store products, but for me they tend to work better.

You may want to try other drug store products first to see if you like them (no point in paying more if you don't have to). Like I said, I really liked Aussie Moist for awhile, as well as their 3-min miracle. A lot of people like Suave (coconut, shea almond, and suave naturals).
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 14th August 2010, 4:11 am

If HH is not working for you, then you should move on and find the products that work best for you. It is important to balance your protein and moisture: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

Giovanni products are natural, organic, cruelty free, no sulfates or cones. They contain protein which my 4a/b hair loves. They can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. I use the braid outs, curl outs or Curlformers to style.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 14th August 2010, 4:44 am

Personally I love love love Hello Hydration line. I use the conditioner which works as a fabulous moisturizer but for shampoo I've been alternating between HEHH 2n1 (Shampoo w/ Conditioner) and YTCarrots shampoo ( love thiss [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). The 2n1 shampoo doesn't seem to strip my hair as much as a clarifying shampoo or Dr.Bronners idk if it's because it contains conditioner but ehhh you could try it. Maybe the HEHH line just isn't for you.

Yes to Carrots and Yes to Cucumbers are organic and have gotten rave reviews on CN. The carrots one makes my hair feel so soft and touchable while the cucumbers is wonderful for detangling but doesn't make my hair as soft as the carrots condish. They're also well worth the money! (around 8.99 for 17oz bottle or 1.50 for 2oz trial size)

HTH
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by airbornewife8 14th August 2010, 11:20 am

i just went to target yesterday and at my target u can buy mini bottles of Giovanni and yes to carrots products i bought a mini Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner for $2 and some change

airbornewife8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 14th August 2010, 1:54 pm

I agree with Naturally Esq - the best thing you can do for finding the right products is figure out all the characteristics of your hair (texture, porosity, etc.), then strive to balance out the moisture and protein. You must also take into some consideration the climate (e.g. humidity, dew point), your water, and even your diet. The article Naturally Esq. posted, the Curl Whisperer and The Natural Haven blogs are all good resources. Then, just by reading the label first, you'll be able to determine what products are likely to be appropriate for your hair before putting them on your head. Recommendations for specific, "Holy Grail" products can be useful since there are hundreds of choices out there, but only if you know your own hair and how how it will respond to each of the ingredients in a product. The reality is, there are no great or terrible hair products, there are just appropriate and inappropriate ones for what your hair needs.

For example, after trying Hello Hydration conditioner and having so-so results, I later figured out that Herbal Essences products contain a bunch of things I want to avoid, including most significantly ingredients that give me pimples (see skin breakout thread for info) - so-so for my hair byt bad for my skin? Boooo! And I also figured out why my HG conditioner of close to 10 years suddenly stopped working so well when I spent a lot of time in a very dry climate.

Good luck!
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by devastatingdiva 20th August 2010, 2:43 pm

I don't use the HE Hello Hydration shampoo but I absolutely LOVE the conditioner. I use it as a deep conditioner--put it in my hair while dry and detangle with a denman brush, then I let it stay in overnight. In the morning, I rinse out and my hair is super soft!
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down