CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigs anyone?

+20
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
Russet
LopeyLocks
netta
MelMelBee
Nali1987
Cupcake415
Ambitious_Tiff
Ladybird
Fleur
Emartini04
songbird
meepmeep1101
dajewel
Aunt_Lola
creolebeauty1
Mangos&Bananas
bushbaby
pretty,Pleaseee
omgitsaj
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wigs anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigs anyone?

Post by omgitsaj 24th February 2011, 11:24 pm

Thanks for all the compliments yall:)

@meepmeep, I really like that lacefront. I want to invest in one but I don't know how I feel about paying 100+ for one.

@tiff I don't think they have this wig in a full cap, but Taren916 did a review on 2 wigs that look just like this one and I believe on of them was a full cap. Here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCaDNFLppE

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 24th February 2011, 11:30 pm

omgitsaj wrote:@pretty, here it is in all its glory! [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

You besta WERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 24th February 2011, 11:34 pm

Haha thanks girl, its funny because I uploaded it thinking "Good lord I look a mess, but hopefully they just look at the hair, not me!" I appreciate the compliments though! Yall had me feeling myself wayyyyyy too much today!

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 24th February 2011, 11:38 pm

YOU and the hair look fabulous!!!!!!! The whole package is FIERCE girly!

You are making my PJism flare up....I'm about to go get a wig TOMORROW! I'm watching the video link you posted by Taren and I'm so getting the PJ "itch"...LOL
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 24th February 2011, 11:45 pm

That is my problem, way too much time on my hands, so I'm all over youtube and websites looking for more stuff to buy. Its a shame Razz

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 25th February 2011, 12:04 am

For the person asking for a big curly lace front wig depending on if you want long or short they have one called Drew by Beshe i have been eying it's very cute and also Thiffany by Outre or freetress i think is a great lace front curly style check them out i have 2 EVony's i loooooooovvveee it
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 28th February 2011, 3:08 am

@omjitsaj...I just want you to know that I've been on a hunt since reading this forum...LOL. I've solicited my friends and family for "Wig Shopping Dates" and started a "WIG FUND" so that I can 2 or 3 or 5...whatever! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ONE.....(singing) I'm so excited, I just can't fight it...I'm about to loose control and I think I like it) Anyone remember Jessie from Saved by the Bell singing that????LOL

___________________________________________________________________________________
Christians and Chicken
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 28th February 2011, 11:53 pm

Haha, I'm glad I inspired you! Please post pictures when you get some!

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by netta 1st March 2011, 2:46 am

I like wigs and keep buying them, but seldom where them! Is that crazy or what ! right now I'm in twa stage and ordered an afro wig online only for it to be to large for my little head! lol I want a med size afro wig, human hair only, which is hard to find. BTW you alls wigs look great !
netta
netta

http://publicfotki.com/netta315/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 1st March 2011, 2:57 am

Omgitsaj, you inspired me to buy my first non-costume wig! I partied at a bachelorette party in Austin this past weekend and the wig really held up in the rain. The theme was Jersey Shore so everything was over the top from the glitter, makeup, electric blue dress, and silver heels, but the wig toned things down a bit. I was nervous about wearing it, but most of my friends thought I just flat-ironed my hair, lol! As the night went on, I was loving it more. I went short because I always thought I looked better with short hair compared to my longer haired days.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by LopeyLocks 1st March 2011, 8:51 am

I purchased my first wig last night! Going to be weird having hair around my face again, lol.
LopeyLocks
LopeyLocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 1st March 2011, 1:46 pm

Hey Fleur...that wig compliments you very well,and you are right short hair does look good you.
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 1st March 2011, 6:10 pm

Wig looks great Fleur!! I also really like that lipstick! hope you had fun

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 1st March 2011, 9:03 pm

I love it OP! Can you wear that wig with no hair left out and have it look natural? Kinda like how Taren pulled her short curly wig over her face? I ask because I am itching to do the BC but I have only about 2 months of growth
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 1st March 2011, 9:07 pm

Thanks, Ladybird and Omgitsaj! And yes, I had a blast at the party. Very Happy
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 1st March 2011, 10:48 pm

@fleur I agreeeeee. That lip stick is BADDDDD. Love it. You got me wanting to attend a jersey shore party. Give myself a little natural poof...like snooki. Lol!
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 1st March 2011, 11:00 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:@fleur I agreeeeee. That lip stick is BADDDDD. Love it. You got me wanting to attend a jersey shore party. Give myself a little natural poof...like snooki. Lol!

Roflmbo! We lit up Austin that night. I love that city! The wig held up in the wind, drizzle, and partying! I applaud anyone that can get a poof like Snookie. So many of the girls tried, but they couldn't get the height and hold of her look. Btw, the lipstick is MAC Wonder Woman in Satin Spitfire.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by omgitsaj 1st March 2011, 11:17 pm

Russet wrote:I love it OP! Can you wear that wig with no hair left out and have it look natural? Kinda like how Taren pulled her short curly wig over her face? I ask because I am itching to do the BC but I have only about 2 months of growth

I haven't tried, I usually leave enough out to slick back under a headband. It does have like a side bang, so you might can cut and shape it so you could wear it that way.

omgitsaj

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 2nd March 2011, 1:38 am

After looking at the video on CN, I'm SOOOOOOOOOO getting my wig tomorrow!!! LOL
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 3rd March 2011, 2:07 pm

I just ordered La Jay by Vanessa...I can not wait for it to get here!!!! If all goes well, it will be my protective style while I power through my awkward length phase afro
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 3rd March 2011, 4:01 pm

@ G.R.I.T.S. - I have the LaJay and I absolutely love her! Be prepared for it to be much bigger than you expect though. I had to cut mine down and each time I wear it I still take the scissors to it.

I have always owned a few wigs but never really wore them on a regular. Now I am buying more and more and do wear them more often. I have 2 oh the way now; one is a short tight curly one that I am hoping I can manipulate into a cute curly fro (it was on clearance for $7 so I can be too mad if it doesn't work). The other is a curly pony tail for when I don't feel like doing anything to my hair.

Don't be afraid of the wigs ladies! I am a dancer and have never had my wig come off in a performance so if it can withstand me "whipping my hair back and forth" it can withstand a little wind. LOL
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 3rd March 2011, 5:41 pm

Im ordering la jay too!! :-) how long does it usually take to come in?
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 3rd March 2011, 7:29 pm

Not sure...I ordered mine from Amazon and did the expedited shipping (because I have NO patience, LOL) I did the 2-6 day shipping so I can have it before spring break

Question for the wig vets...I would like to leave a little of my hair out in the front and cornrow my hair underneath...is there something I can use to cover my hair underneath besides the fuzzy wig caps they have BSS...they look like murder on your ends.

Last edited by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. on 4th March 2011, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 4th March 2011, 6:07 pm

NaturalG.R.I.T.S. wrote:Not sure...I ordered mine from Amazon and did the expedited shipping (because I have NO patience, LOL) I did the 2-6 day shipping so I can have it before spring break

Question for the wig vets...I would to leave a little of my hair out and the front and may cornrow my hair underneath...is there something I can use to cover me hair underneath besides that fuzzy wig cap they BSS...they look like murder on your ends.

I use the caps with no problems. If you don't like those you can buy a different type at walmart, etc. or you can make one from the top of an old pair of stockings. The control top ones have a smoother finish than the regular stockings.
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 6:37 pm

Ok, so I'm on Amazon.com now looking for wigs. How do you search or narrow the search to find wigs for US? Any brand/style suggestions?
___________________________________________________________________________________

An American Idol performance worth remembering!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next