CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc?

+5
immacurlie
HAMPTONSFNST
cutephantasm
tiashaunteé
xoxo
9 posters

Go down

Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc? Empty Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc?

Post by xoxo 12th January 2010, 11:48 pm

Just wondering, are there any naturals who wear wigs, weaves, or other forms of extensions? Does it work well with your natural hair?

I'm just asking because I plan on Bc'ing next month and I'm gonna buy a half wig just in case I'm not feeling the TWA. But, I'm not sure how a half wig is going to look with my natural hair.

Post pics if you have [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc? Empty Re: Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc?

Post by tiashaunteé 13th January 2010, 12:09 pm

Freestyles, over in the BnB thread wears wigs. She has some really nice looks.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc? Empty Re: Wigs, Weaves, Ponytail Extensions, etc?

Post by cutephantasm 13th January 2010, 1:27 pm

my avi is a lace front...i also wear weavessometimes, and right now i have in self installed braid extensions
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 13th January 2010, 2:54 pm

I wore weaves the entire time during the first year of my transition. My last install was with a curly texture(Halleyscurls.com) and I loved it. Because my edges are thin I've learned to leave my perimeter out with my horeshoe. My hair blended very well with the hair I purchased. I either braided/twisted my own hair to achieve this. My style closely resembled Bre's hair (mid pic) and I will definitely be rocking that hair for my b-day or summer time.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by immacurlie 13th January 2010, 11:03 pm

I'm wearing a puff in my avatar.
immacurlie
immacurlie

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 14th January 2010, 3:25 am

immacurlie wrote:I'm wearing a puff in my avatar.

I would have never guessed, it looks natural. What brand of hair is it?
xoxo
xoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 14th January 2010, 3:26 am

tiashauntee wrote:Freestyles, over in the BnB thread wears wigs. She has some really nice looks.

thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
xoxo
xoxo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 14th January 2010, 6:52 pm

@Hampton-I have never heard of that company but I am LOVING their Miami Relaxed Hybrid hair. It looks SO cute. It's not just curly but kinky, curly, fro-ish, LOL!

What is getting me is the ounces? How do you know how many ounces/packs you need? Also how would you know the correct color to purchase. I just don't know about purchasing hair online.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by immacurlie 15th January 2010, 12:21 am

napREALness wrote:
immacurlie wrote:I'm wearing a puff in my avatar.

I would have never guessed, it looks natural. What brand of hair is it?

I don't remember. I'll find out and post later. I get alot of compliments when I wear it. It's a bit curly. I make it look more realistic by putting a little gel on my tendrils.
immacurlie
immacurlie

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyandchic 16th February 2010, 1:25 pm

go to www.blackhairspray.com to get inexpensive synthetic lace front wigs. try the freetress equal synthetic lace front line. u can use heat on them. u dont need tape and glue. u can change them everyday and still take care of your hair.

kinkyandchic

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 16th February 2010, 1:41 pm

@Pinkrage: 4oz= 1 pack of hair. I bought a total of 8 oz for my last install and didn't even use all the hair. I wore the creole wavy hair and loved it. I cowashed weekly with the hair and moisturized the hair and my braids with braid spray. I sealed my braids with oils and at night I twisted the hair into 4 plaits and wore a satin scarf.

They only have a the hair's natural dark brown color yet the hair can be dyed professionally to compliment your color. I personally have dark brown hair (#2 or 1b) so I didn't have to worry abou that.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarletjazz 30th November 2010, 2:31 pm

I dabble in wigs and braids during the winter months for protective styling. I have a fotki and am also on FB if you wanna see some of the ones I've worn. I'm planning on buying another one in December, currently wearing kinky twists that I put in but wanna switch it up a bit.
Scarletjazz
Scarletjazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th November 2010, 3:25 pm

my avi is a wig with my hair flat twisted in the front. I use it as a protective style.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down