CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lace Front Wigs

4 posters

Go down

Lace Front Wigs Empty Lace Front Wigs

Post by jackiej 16th December 2010, 5:04 pm

Hi All,

So in my journey to getting natural hair and in dealing with alopecia I decided a few weeks ago to get a lace front wig.
I researched it, found what I believe is a decent place, read the reviews which were mainly positive and armed with my girlfriend went to get fitted. So after some drama and after choosing the type of hair, colour etc the fitting began. I thick layer of glue was applied around my hair line, I was then told to wait 10 minutes so another layer of glue could be applied for maximum hold, with wig tape put on top of the glue around the back of my head. Finally my wig was put on my head and boy did I know it as I was given an instant facelift but I have to say I was not in pain just happy to know that my hair issues for the next few weeks were a thing of the past.
So 3 weeks in the front starts to lift and I'm getting bored, now you are advised to use a certain glue remover but this is when I start to realise I have glue on my ALREADY fragile hair(line) how on earth do I remove this without causing damage Shocked ?! So yesterday armed with the glue dissolver I went to work and just as I had thought in removing the wig as gently as possible I still lost some hair and the area around the back that had wig tape for EXTRA hold is sore as hell.

What I am getting at is even the hair solutions we believe to be resting our natural hair can cause damage, I have since discovered that in a lot of cases wearing a wig cap/stocking cap is recommeded as a layer of protection against the hair and the glue. It was an experience but at the end of the day I still need to learn how to deal with MY hair, patches or otherwise.

Take care

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Lace Front Wigs Empty Re: Lace Front Wigs

Post by creolebeauty1 16th December 2010, 5:31 pm

In my transition i purchase a few lace wigs and figured i could wear them for a year 2 weeks at a time than wash my hair and reapply for maximum growth etc well it didn't work out with the full lace or lace fronts , i think i applied it about 4 times and gave up on the fourth i didn't lose hair to where strangers could notice on my hairline but i could see it thinning so i stopped before it got worst , just like i think those glued tracks pulls people hair those full lace pulls at the hairline especially if you have baby hair i do , now i wear lacefronts but the synthetic ones because they don't require glue , the have combs or i wear regular wigs while i transition so if you trying to grow your hair i would stay away from anything that requires glue to apply
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th December 2010, 8:19 pm

i've never worn a lacefront, eventhough i've thought about it.....never heard anything bad about them, except for the fact some ppl say that when some girls wear them, it makes you look weird like u have no forehead lol idk, but um to each his own~ Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 16th December 2010, 9:22 pm

@ Indidiiamond I too have never worn lacefronts this reminds me of this post

https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t6595-lace-front-shawty?highlight=lacefront+shawty

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 17th December 2010, 10:27 pm

I am wearing lace fronts now as my protective style for the winter, I never used glue but I have tried hairspray that worked for a while but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use with the wigs that use actual lace and not the hard plastic lace. So far my hair line seems to be fine and I'm nearing the end of my 4th month.
Have you tried tape? Some people sew in (or have it done for them) combs/clips to help secure the wig because they don't like the glue method.

s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 18th December 2010, 5:10 am

s4pphir3 - At the back I had glue and tape!
I'm going to get a stocking foot wig made, just for the ease of removing at the end of the day and being able to moisturise I feel my hair and scalp as well as being protected need air and light in order to thrive.

I'm not against lace fronts, just feel people need to be careful.

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 19th December 2010, 12:02 am

You're not the only one I heard of doing that, I watch muffinismylovers on youtube and she does the same.

I understand jackie that's what I was afraid of when I first started wearing them. Looking back at the pics I took in March of this year I noticed my hairline filled in so I guess the wigs are helping .. but it's true you must pay attention and do what works best for your hair.
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down