CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NATURAL DEODORANTS

+25
FAMUdani
prettysunshyne
TMS
MsVera
Ms.Fenty
DvaAuNaturel
savvybrown
PyreFli42
reggiestr
Intelligentbeauty
AfrikanLatina
w8tn4myhair
Talisa3636
lexibugg004
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Mllebutterfly
CurlyMo
ladybug
HomeGrownHairGirl
Godiva4
LilMsPuddles
msqueenie
Rock'n Natural Curls
mechuono
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NATURAL DEODORANTS Empty NATURAL DEODORANTS

Post by mechuono 6th December 2009, 11:01 pm

so ive been wanting to transition to natural deodorants and i just picked up one from an organic store i frequent a lot and it is nooo good lol. so for those that use em, which brand do you use?

mechuono

Back to top Go down

NATURAL DEODORANTS Empty Re: NATURAL DEODORANTS

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls 7th December 2009, 1:39 am

Toms of Maine-Unscented works well. The Lavender is nice in theory, but that all it is good for. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rock'n Natural Curls
Rock'n Natural Curls

http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msqueenie 7th December 2009, 3:17 am

Hey there!

I'm such a fan of natural deodorant! It took awhile with transitioning over, so just be prepared. I don't believe any brand will prevent odor for the first two weeks your body is detoxing. It (your body) has to get rid of the toxin build-up it has accumulated from years of daily ammonium deposits.
To answer your question though, I use a brand called African Pure & Natural. It's a crystal deodorant stick which is what I prefer. I've seen some of the "natural" stick deodorants have triclosan in it, which is an ingredient normally found in anti-bacterial products and has been linked to cancer!!!
Transitioning can be a little difficult and unpleasant but be happy every day in knowing you are avoiding a daily product that very well may be linked to breast cancer. Also, be proud you are allowing your lymphatic system do what God meant it to do, which is excrete toxins....so, be prepared to sweat (almost forgot that part).

Take care and good luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
msqueenie
msqueenie

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 7th December 2009, 3:21 am

I use coconut by lush. It's a powder and I apply it with a special make-up brush that you put powder in.I don't recommend that you try any method other than a brush because it can get messy fast! I like it for the most part. It works like most other deodorants to me. In my biased opinion they all suck but I sweat in what I view is a peculiar way. I will say that it does smell nicer longer to me and you don't get that creamy goopy(maybe just me) feeling that happens when there is a lot of moisture and it clumps together.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva4 9th December 2009, 3:32 pm

I'm currently experimenting with Smooth Moves: Pure and Natural Deodorant from www.BrenditasBodyWorks.com. So far, so good. Here's the ingredients:

Coconut Oil, Water, Sodium Stearate, Vegetable Protein, Hydroginated Castor Oil, Isosteareth-2, Salicylic Acid, Matricaria Flower Extract, Chamomile, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, EDTA

Godiva4

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeGrownHairGirl 10th December 2009, 8:13 pm

I use The Crystal Roll-On. What I like is that it actually works for me, and is long-lasting protection. (Unlike most other natural deodorants I've tried, where I feel the need to reapply sometime during the work day.)
HomeGrownHairGirl
HomeGrownHairGirl

http://homegrownhair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 13th December 2009, 12:59 am

I use Alvera Aloe Herbal All Natural Roll-on-Deodorant and it works great.
ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 3:00 am

I use Crystalux its 100% Pure & Natural Crystal Stick Deodorant I LOVE IT. You apply to clean moist skin or wet the top of the crystal stick and apply.

Ingredients: Natural mineral salts.

Its guaranteed to last 1 year...

Last edited by CurlyMo on 21st December 2009, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mllebutterfly 20th December 2009, 9:37 pm

I like Tom's deodorant, also. I use the Calendula scented one. Sometimes I use the Crystal mineral salt deodorant.

Mllebutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 21st December 2009, 1:47 am

I just switched to the crystal brand about 2 days ago and so far it works for me....
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 21st December 2009, 7:50 pm

@LilMsPuddles~
Which crystal did you switch to? What brand and what are to Ingrediants
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 21st December 2009, 8:21 pm

CurlyMo wrote:@LilMsPuddles~
Which crystal did you switch to? What brand and what are to Ingrediants

Crystal Brand, original stick
Ingredients: natural mineral salts and ammonium alum
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 21st December 2009, 8:28 pm

Thank you
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 21st December 2009, 10:51 pm

I too am looking for a really good natural deodorant. I have onl tried one I think the name of it was Naturally Fresh. I didn't care for it because I felt like it didn't hold. I hate having pit marks! I had been using the clinical ones but I wanted a change.
I need one that keeps you dry all day and odorless any suggestions?
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 1st January 2010, 5:20 pm

okay, so this may gross some of ladies out, but hear me out first!!!! so, my husband began to buy me fragrance oils on my 21st birthday, and since i have NEVER like conventional deodorant i started to use to oils to cover the fact that i didn't use it. to my surprise i didn't need the oil to cover the funk because the oils prevented the development of said funk, when i perspired you smell the oils and since they anti-microbial, the funk did not develop after the perspiration. i use scents like frank incense, myrrh(my favorite), lily of the valley,(another favorite),Krishna-musk, arabian sandalwood, and Egyptian musk. they work so well that my husband also began using the oil for deodorant. now these were the real thing not full of alcohol and artificial preservatives, but made from essential oil and and the oils of other natural elements for the scent. my husband can not get enough when i wear theses oils and constantly as his head buried in my arm-pits, chest, and neck!!! all men seem to find these oils mix with pheromones intoxicating. they are concentrated(but not over powering) so you don't need a lot, a little pricey, but they last a while!!!! here is a website for a very good brand of fragrance oils www.kuumbamade.com and if that doesn't work just type the name into the search engine. if you don't feel comfortable purchasing on line they should have a list of retailers, my husband and i purchase ours from a little boutique downtown(Olympia) that has tester so you can see which scent works best for you, my newest one is Tunisian jasmine!!! hope this helps!!!!
P.S
must be applied immediately after the shower to dry armpits!!
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 1st January 2010, 5:45 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:I too am looking for a really good natural deodorant. I have onl tried one I think the name of it was Naturally Fresh. I didn't care for it because I felt like it didn't hold. I hate having pit marks! I had been using the clinical ones but I wanted a change.

To my knowledge you won't find one. Antiperspirant is what keeps you dry and those are drugs/chemicals regulated by the FDA that physiologically inhibits your sweat glands from producing sweat. You can find a deodorant that holds for a long time and salt/crystal deodorants are clear just keep in mind that deodorant and antiperspirant aren't the same thing.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 1st January 2010, 5:53 pm

Oyin Funk Butter unscented, Spa Therapy deo sticks (from etsy) and the crystal deodorant work great for me! My pits are sensitive so I use the funk butter every other day and crystal or spa therapy daily
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 1st January 2010, 10:12 pm

LilMsPuddles wrote:
LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:I too am looking for a really good natural deodorant. I have onl tried one I think the name of it was Naturally Fresh. I didn't care for it because I felt like it didn't hold. I hate having pit marks! I had been using the clinical ones but I wanted a change.

To my knowledge you won't find one. Antiperspirant is what keeps you dry and those are drugs/chemicals regulated by the FDA that physiologically inhibits your sweat glands from producing sweat. You can find a deodorant that holds for a long time and salt/crystal deodorants are clear just keep in mind that deodorant and antiperspirant aren't the same thing.

I know that now. I think I pissed off the lady at the whole foods market because she kinda had this duh stupid tone. Lol! I HAVE TO STAY DRY! I must! It is so gross when I am dancing and you see the guys lead the girls into an open break for a turn and they have pit marks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by w8tn4myhair 2nd January 2010, 1:14 am

I use Oyin funk butter, I got the black cedar fig and it works great. I believe it was $5.00
w8tn4myhair
w8tn4myhair

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 2:52 am

Why am I just now seeing this thread? Queenie schooled me on the Toms Deodorant at our meetup and since then I have still been using it but looking for an alternative. I'm going to look into some of these but I ran across a site just the other day where a woman makes her own. I'm going to give it a try and then report back to you ladies.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd January 2010, 3:48 am

lexibugg004 wrote:okay, so this may gross some of ladies out, but hear me out first!!!! so, my husband began to buy me fragrance oils on my 21st birthday, and since i have NEVER like conventional deodorant i started to use to oils to cover the fact that i didn't use it. to my surprise i didn't need the oil to cover the funk because the oils prevented the development of said funk, when i perspired you smell the oils and since they anti-microbial, the funk did not develop after the perspiration. i use scents like frank incense, myrrh(my favorite), lily of the valley,(another favorite),Krishna-musk, arabian sandalwood, and Egyptian musk. they work so well that my husband also began using the oil for deodorant. now these were the real thing not full of alcohol and artificial preservatives, but made from essential oil and and the oils of other natural elements for the scent. my husband can not get enough when i wear theses oils and constantly as his head buried in my arm-pits, chest, and neck!!! all men seem to find these oils mix with pheromones intoxicating. they are concentrated(but not over powering) so you don't need a lot, a little pricey, but they last a while!!!! here is a website for a very good brand of fragrance oils www.kuumbamade.com and if that doesn't work just type the name into the search engine. if you don't feel comfortable purchasing on line they should have a list of retailers, my husband and i purchase ours from a little boutique downtown(Olympia) that has tester so you can see which scent works best for you, my newest one is Tunisian jasmine!!! hope this helps!!!!
P.S

Thanks girl. I will try scents and see if this works.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 3rd January 2010, 10:33 pm

@Talisa3636~, @w8tn4myhair~

Where do you get the Funk Butter?.....I use the crystal but i would also like to try this along with my Crystal
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by mechuono 5th January 2010, 1:21 am

wow, thanks for all the feedback guys. i think im going to try the oyin funk butter

mechuono

Back to top Go down

Post by reggiestr 9th February 2010, 11:28 pm

hi curlies,

i'm thinking about trying the oyin funk butter. however, i heard that it is irritating to the skin. my pits are very sensitive. also, i can get big bad man funk sometimes. so i need something strong enough for five men but made for a woman. any suggestion?

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 10th February 2010, 8:25 pm

lexibugg004 wrote:okay, so this may gross some of ladies out, but hear me out first!!!! so, my husband began to buy me fragrance oils on my 21st birthday, and since i have NEVER like conventional deodorant i started to use to oils to cover the fact that i didn't use it. to my surprise i didn't need the oil to cover the funk because the oils prevented the development of said funk, when i perspired you smell the oils and since they anti-microbial, the funk did not develop after the perspiration. i use scents like frank incense, myrrh(my favorite), lily of the valley,(another favorite),Krishna-musk, arabian sandalwood, and Egyptian musk. they work so well that my husband also began using the oil for deodorant. now these were the real thing not full of alcohol and artificial preservatives, but made from essential oil and and the oils of other natural elements for the scent. my husband can not get enough when i wear theses oils and constantly as his head buried in my arm-pits, chest, and neck!!! all men seem to find these oils mix with pheromones intoxicating. they are concentrated(but not over powering) so you don't need a lot, a little pricey, but they last a while!!!! here is a website for a very good brand of fragrance oils www.kuumbamade.com and if that doesn't work just type the name into the search engine. if you don't feel comfortable purchasing on line they should have a list of retailers, my husband and i purchase ours from a little boutique downtown(Olympia) that has tester so you can see which scent works best for you, my newest one is Tunisian jasmine!!! hope this helps!!!!
P.S

I am definitely going to try this; I use Toms but am not very satisfied with it. I have some nice oils hanging around that I rarely use, too. Thanks for the tip!
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next