CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

+32
CrissyQ
Lynnieluve
MelMelBee
MrsSunshinz
Fleur
kekesmom29
MissyCee
BajanPrincess82
CocaColaCutie
RoseNaturalBeauty
BlondeByDesire
naturallynola
Nikcoils
Ainsleytom
TheRYL1
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Umph
Myeka33
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
missmoriah
jlowman1
Pretty_Vee
brandiitneka
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
NylaCoils
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
36 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 18 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by sweetdrk1 7th March 2011, 2:13 pm

Jlow! Omg I love it! What phone did you get! And that WnG is sweet!

Ladies I love my naked palette to death! Kbye
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target? - Page 18 Empty Re: Makeup - Have You Checked for e.l.f. in Your Target?

Post by jlowman1 7th March 2011, 2:36 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Jlow! Omg I love it! What phone did you get! And that WnG is sweet!

Ladies I love my naked palette to death! Kbye

Thanks Sweet! I got an HTC Evo Shift... I love it so far!

Isn't the Naked Palette awesome! That thing is my go to palette for daily looks. I'll be hitting pan by the end of the year at the rate I'm going... lol!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th March 2011, 4:41 pm

whats ur favorite colors from the naked palette...laydeez and which one can could u do without like eeeh Neutral
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th March 2011, 4:49 pm

NubieNatty wrote:whats ur favorite colors from the naked palette...laydeez and which one can could u do without like eeeh Neutral
my daily look is sin, naked and buck, with my MAC paint pot as a base. I haven't tried the others to say what I could do without yet! But when/if it happens I will let you know
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 7th March 2011, 5:16 pm

NubieNatty wrote:whats ur favorite colors from the naked palette...laydeez and which one can could u do without like eeeh Neutral

My favs are Naked, Buck, Hustle, and Half Baked. I could def do without Creep or Virgin...
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th March 2011, 5:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i use virgin to highlight my browz but my faves are sin-half baked-toasted n hustle...sometimes sidecar depending on my mood but i dont like the extra glitter effects Rolling Eyes

i could do without: gunmetal, creep, naked n buck. gunmetal is TOO glittery n its funny cuz the glittery colors are in my ammo palette that i rarely use!

i need some more naked palette inspirations....
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 7th March 2011, 7:25 pm

I am mad at yall!!! hmmmphh!!! jlow, chrs, nubie and vee, i am hatin' right now!! My skin is doing some ol' raggedy stuff because the weather caint make up its mind!!! So.... i have not been doing much with this mess of a face latley!! But yall are lookin good ladies!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th March 2011, 10:05 pm

My faves are: Hustle,Toasted, Half-baked, Smog, Buck and Darkhorse. I use Hustle and Darkhorse in the crease a lot and I use Buck to blend since its the closest to my skintone. I hope they sell Buck individually because I use it with everything to blend since its the only color I've found that is closest to my skintone. I haven't really used Creep or Gunmetal yet. I have Gunmetal in another Palette and I've always had to mix it with another grey color because of the glitter. Virgin and sin I could do without, too bright for me. When I've used them I have to mix with another neutral color to tone it down some or apply very lightly.

Last edited by krazy coils on 7th March 2011, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th March 2011, 10:24 pm

Makeup Class led by Ebony, colouredbeautiful on YouTube & MakeMeOver Studio on Facebook. You can enter a giveaway to attend the class para nada, zilch, zero, no dineros,... I would really love to attend the classes in Philadelphia. Hmmm, perhaps this will lead to side work. I certainly do love makeup. Tax write off for business start up, yeah, sounds great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th March 2011, 2:09 pm

NylaCoils wrote:My memory card wont come out of my camera. I scanned my license. My hair looks so good (if I must say so myself) I felt like, I was channeling MISS ROSS! well sort of,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Thank you Chrs- for the wonderful suggestion!!!

First....your hair is AWESOME!!! It's like your hair grew over night. Just beautiful!!! Oh...happy belated birthday!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th March 2011, 2:10 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Makeup Class led by Ebony, colouredbeautiful on YouTube & MakeMeOver Studio on Facebook. You can enter a giveaway to attend the class para nada, zilch, zero, no dineros,... I would really love to attend the classes in Philadelphia. Hmmm, perhaps this will lead to side work. I certainly do love makeup. Tax write off for business start up, yeah, sounds great!

@Chrs...I entered her contest for the free make-up class here in Houston. I don't win things, but I said what the heck. I love her channel!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th March 2011, 2:15 pm

NubieNatty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i use virgin to highlight my browz but my faves are sin-half baked-toasted n hustle...sometimes sidecar depending on my mood but i dont like the extra glitter effects Rolling Eyes

i could do without: gunmetal, creep, naked n buck. gunmetal is TOO glittery n its funny cuz the glittery colors are in my ammo palette that i rarely use!

I just got an e-mail stating that mine is on the way!!! I'm too excited. Now what I'm going to do when I get it? Heck I really don't know, but I think I'm going to try to create this look that SongbirdDiva4Life did with the palette.

I'm sure you've done this already....but check out her tutorial.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th March 2011, 2:20 pm

Pretty_Vee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I went to the MAC store for lunch today!! I tell you a sandwich from Chick-Fil-A would have been cheaper!!! affraid

So the MUA told me that I had a lot of eye space? scratch I was like I have small eyes, and he told me how he thought I should have applied my eyeshadow. Rolling Eyes Now here I was thinking I had done a good job!!! Go figure. confused

However, I did get the famous 217 blending brush!! I just looked at my receipt affraid lol!

LMAO!!!!!!!!! the 217 was my first and last MAC brush that was 4 years ago..LOL...i will get more but that price...uh uh I have to get them one by one! You almost have to take out of savings to get a set of brushes at once Razz Laughing oh how i love that brush though..its great for both application and blending.

I am so with you on this...I looked at my receipt and I was like "Okay I at least I can say I have two MAC brushes this one and the foundation brush." I can't afford to buy another one. No

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th March 2011, 2:30 pm

I'm so behind y'all. I'm still experimenting with make-up, and trying different colors. However, I seem to get the same look no matter what color I use...LOL

So to answer Chrs question on how we can get out of using the same colors; here's is a suggestion....

Can those of you that are real good with colors post a tutorial video here in this thread for us to copy? Then we can post our pictures trying to re-create your look back in this thread. (hope I'm making sense here)
I think that would help us try different colors.

My problem is I don't know what to do with all of the colors I have. You know like what to put with green or yellow or purple. Today I did a gold and blue....its alright, but I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. drunken

I'm getting all of these YouTube make-up video's mixed up in my head!! lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th March 2011, 5:08 pm

my no make up look...done in less than 10 minutes.

All I have on is concealer under my eyes, mascara, blush and a nude color lipstick.

A co-worker told me you look nice i notice the blush...NOTE this is my first time ever wear blush.

I always though I was to chocolate for rosey cheeks and had in my mind black folk don't blush. But i actually like it in the rose color I won in a giveaway from Kim White from do I have lipstick on my teeth blog. I may try a bronzer next. i like how it brighten up my look and i did it quickly. I usually do a neutral look everyday, but to step out og the box and usually play with the color in my 88 palette i start by looking at what I am wearing and then grab colors that compliment what I have on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th March 2011, 10:15 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I'm so behind y'all. I'm still experimenting with make-up, and trying different colors. However, I seem to get the same look no matter what color I use...LOL

So to answer Chrs question on how we can get out of using the same colors; here's is a suggestion....

Can those of you that are real good with colors post a tutorial video here in this thread for us to copy? Then we can post our pictures trying to re-create your look back in this thread. (hope I'm making sense here)

My problem is I don't know what to do with all of the colors I have. You know like what to put with green or yellow or purple. Today I did a gold and blue....its alright, but I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. drunken

I'm getting all of these YouTube make-up video's mixed up in my head!! lol

I will try to record this weekend when I do a color look. I'm not sure how the lighting will be but if its clear I will post in this thread.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 8th March 2011, 11:03 pm

NubieNatty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I need THAT palette. What brand is that?
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 8th March 2011, 11:52 pm

KNH- I agree with you about this!

About my hair growing... don't let the look fool you! The satin scarf braid out gives tons of definition and elongation! I love it!!

NikCoils- looking good!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th March 2011, 8:56 am

@Nikcoils - love the look. I used to think that blush wasn't for me either, now I love it!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th March 2011, 2:05 pm

Not to be an enabler or anything lol BUUUUUT....

If you watch a lot of makeup tutorials and that sort on Youtube you probably have heard of Inglot cosmetics. Well they FINALLY have an online shopping site, it is: http://www.inglotusa.com/

The 10 shadow Freedom palette plus 10 shadows of your choice is about $55 now but the price will eventually go up to about $80. I don't have one but I am thinking about ordering one before the price increase, the pigmentation is awesome on these shadows!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th March 2011, 3:53 pm

jlowman1 wrote:Not to be an enabler or anything lol BUUUUUT....

If you watch a lot of makeup tutorials and that sort on Youtube you probably have heard of Inglot cosmetics. Well they FINALLY have an online shopping site, it is: http://www.inglotusa.com/

The 10 shadow Freedom palette plus 10 shadows of your choice is about $55 now but the price will eventually go up to about $80. I don't have one but I am thinking about ordering one before the price increase, the pigmentation is awesome on these shadows!

Lol Ms. Enabler,

I've been looking at these shadows for a minute. Can you purchase online now? I know at first you could call orders in. Also do you know when they will increase the price? I definitely don't want to pay $80.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th March 2011, 4:08 pm

oh cool the price hasn't gone up yet? i thought i saw a YT vid where someone said they already went up, but i guess that was for in-store and not online? but that's weird.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th March 2011, 4:16 pm

krazy coils wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:Not to be an enabler or anything lol BUUUUUT....

Lol Ms. Enabler,

I've been looking at these shadows for a minute. Can you purchase online now? I know at first you could call orders in. Also do you know when they will increase the price? I definitely don't want to pay $80.

geek Yep, you can purchase online at the site I posted. Everywhere I looked said the price would increase in February but the online site still has the original prices so I'm not sure when they will change it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th March 2011, 4:18 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:oh cool the price hasn't gone up yet? i thought i saw a YT vid where someone said they already went up, but i guess that was for in-store and not online? but that's weird.

It is weird. I played around with the checkout for the online store and it was still selling for $55 plus $9 shipping. So my total was around $64ish. Maybe I need to contact them and see. I'll do that and get back to you ladies.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th March 2011, 10:04 pm

yall are such bad influences Mad i forgot...im gonna be in chester, PA the wknd of the makeup class for a wedding...i wonder if i can sneak away..at the price...**yelling** hey chrs...meet me at the EXIT sign to sneak me in, i'll bring my own supplies!!

ok so im attending a shin-dig this weekend and i wanna apply some lashes but im deathly afraid (the same way i was with liner) so can yall gimme an easy n basic way to apply lashes....how close do i apply em n where can i get the ones where u put em on n take em off...

hopefully i dont glue my dmn eyeballz shut pirat
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next