CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

+18
slimwithabs
Fleur
CarlaAR
Ladybird
MsJay1121
princesspen
rayray19
krissyc39
KeAnia
Ambitious_Tiff
Berry3674
Thinice
ladygogohot
Butterfly125
The Raw Twinkie
CiaE
misskris
MissyCee
22 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE - Page 14 Empty Re: NEW CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 2:47 pm

ok, got it. I had the background dark with the black in the back but it doesn't show so I changed it to light and now it works. Thanks!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th February 2011, 2:49 pm

Okay good.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 5:06 pm

Hey ladies! Happy belated V-Day everyone. I got a little update. I took time off on Saturday, cancelled my OT shift, and chilled most of the day. My cycle went away but came back today. I can't wait to get to the doctor's. I am tired of feeling like Evil or Very Mad and Sad Anyway. also on Saturday I washed my hair using the Rosemary Mint shampoo bar. I did not prepoo this time just to see if my hair would feel stripped. I am happy to report it did not. I wet my hair while in the shower and rubbed the bar on my scalp. When I got a good lather, I squeezed the bubbles down the shaft of my hair. It worked out really well. My hair did have more product build up than usual b/c I used IC Fantasia Gel the set my twists. (It works great if I have no mentioned it before.) I went to my first curly meet up. It was relatively small but I still had a wonderful time.
Yesterday I ended up putting my hair up in a puff b/c I guess I had slept unusually wild and my hair was kind of a mess. I did not have time to try and salvage it since I had class and work. I redid my hair this morning since I had slicked it back using AmPro Prostyle Gel yesterday. I prepooed overnight with castor Oil, EVOO, and coconut oil. I shampooed using some leftover Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine and conditioned with the Triple Nutrition. I oiled my scalp with plain castor oil. I sealed with avocado instead of coconut oil. I mixed the IC Fantasia Gel with the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. We'll see how this works out. Sorry this is so long, lol.

Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 5:19 pm

@MissyCee
CONGRATS on you A!! I told you everything was going to work out well!!

@MissKris
Your hair definitely looks longer and thicker! Good work! I am trying to get my hair to your current length. Lol, I hope your husband makes it up to you too, lol.

@Thinice
I can't cornrow or flat twist so I understand. I am still trying to figure out how to do a cute frohawk. Twist and curls are my go to b/c I don't know how to do anything else...

Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th February 2011, 5:39 pm

Wow, Tiff, you've been busy...lol! Your hair looks really cute in your avi. I'll just be glad to have enough length to bun or puff for those times just like you mentioned. Right now if it doesn't look right in the morning, I just have to suck it up and wear my confidence like I meant to rock my hair like that...lol afro
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 5:48 pm

Aaaww, thanx! I was post workout then. That was the beginning of the end actually, lol. Lol, I feel you. Sometimes I have to laugh at how crazy my hair looks. I need to try and squeeze in a dc this week sometimes though. I have skipped it the past 2 weeks. My hair doesn't seem to be shedding much though so that is good. Do you have many bad hair days? At least you can braid. I know that'll open open you options a lot too. Have you perfected your wash n go?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th February 2011, 6:02 pm

I have had a couple of bad hair days since the BC, but I kind of just stayed in my office all day...lol. I have tried twist-outs on my transitioning and my natural hair and hated it both times. I'm going to save that style for when my hair is longer. I tried a coil-out and was sooo embarrassed by that look Embarassed but didn't let anyone see that. I was acting like I was the cutest thing in the world...hahaha, but couldn't stand to look in the mirror that day. Yeah, braiding will always be an option for me for which I am grateful. I am really liking my wash n go today so I think I'm on to something!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 6:55 pm

LOL! YOU ARE A MESS! I can't do twist outs either. They look a fresh fool!! The twist and curl is all I got, lol. I'm loving the wng!! Its so defined and soft looking!! I remember your actual coils. They were on point! How does a coil out work? Like how do you make them a style? Do you brush them out or do they just like loosen over time? I never experiment with new styles when I have stuff to do. Lol, never works out well. I am still trying to figure out the elusive braid out...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th February 2011, 7:16 pm

OMG...you got me in stitches over here...hahahahahah!!!! You are too funny! A fresh fool...bahahahaha!!! Okay, I got the idea for a coil out from somewhere on here, don't remember, but you do it like a twist-out only on coils, bigger coils than usual. But, girl, my hair looked like I slept on it and tried to dry comb it with a afro pick Shocked I will NEVER try that again. Thanks about the coils and the wng Very Happy I liked them too and they were easy peasy.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 10:12 pm

Butterfly125 wrote:OMG...you got me in stitches over here...hahahahahah!!!! You are too funny! A fresh fool...bahahahaha!!! Okay, I got the idea for a coil out from somewhere on here, don't remember, but you do it like a twist-out only on coils, bigger coils than usual. But, girl, my hair looked like I slept on it and tried to dry comb it with a afro pick Shocked I will NEVER try that again. Thanks about the coils and the wng Very Happy I liked them too and they were easy peasy.

Now you got ME in stiches!!! LOL @ your slept on and dry combed with an afro pick!!!!! and the the Shocked !!! HAhahahaha, y'all are both silly!!!!

@ Tiff, I have a silly question.....what's the diff between a twist out and a twist n curl? you just roll the ends up on a tnc??? i think i tried that once and it was ok. Oh and yes, your profile pic is very cute indeed. That looks great, especially for that being post-work out!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 15th February 2011, 10:27 pm

Tiif,loving the pic!! Workout or not. you ladies sho is funny!!!! Got me laughing like its no tomorrow...

Butterfly those coils and wng ar great. I have not talent and try but, mostly just pic it on out until I get some more length.

I did my first reall henna today. My greys are soooooooo copper. I will take pics tomorrow. I also oiled my scalp with almond oil instead of castor oil, separated my hair in small sections and put coconut oil on each section. That was due to the henna drying out my hair and not having crunch ends. My hair is soft. I do have released curls from the henna also. That was the first thing I noticed. I'm happy!!! You all happy???? sunny
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 10:45 pm

@ Butterfly125
LMBO! A MESS! Dry comb it with an afro pick! Gracious. The image in my head is sooooo funny. My coworkers were just looking at me like I have really lost it. Oh Father. I will be glad when I get to the wash and go phase. It takes me entirely too long to do my hair these days...

@MissKris
Why thank you! I thought I was too cute with my lil sports bra on trying to sweat off some lbs! How do you wear your hair to work out? I wear it like that most of the time but then of course I am forced to retwist etc. Especially around my ears and the back of my neck. My hair also seems to get really dry after I workout... Yeah the rollers are the only difference. If I try to do just a twist out, I look a pickle. There is no amount of coiling that helps those ends. affraid Lol, I like to imagine my hair will look kinda like my avi once I am completely natural. That or one fierce fro would really do it fo me... Very Happy

@MissyCee
Thanx hun!! So is it a soooooooo copper good or soooooooo copper bad? You know I am trying to cover my gray up too... How did you mix your henna? What made you opt for the almond oil? So henna really does pop curls!!! I can't wait to see the pics!! Yeah. I am pretty happy! Very Happy
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 11:01 pm

Hey Tiff. I usually keep my hair in twists day in and day out unless I am going out to eat or to church or the mall (which is almost never!!) My hair is twisted when I work out, when I sleep, when I go to Wal-Mart..... lol You know I got holla'd at a couple times at Walmart lookin like Ceely!!!!!! affraid LMAO!!! Wearing frumpy clothes and my hair in old twists!!! Hahahaha!! I guess I really got it, huh????

But yeah, I sweat a WHOLE lot, it just drips all around my hairline. I sprayed my concoction on last night. It consisted of water, jojoba oil, rosemary EO, aloe vera gel and some of this curl lotion. Smells good. And then I twisted and sealed w/shea butter. Even now after this morning's workout, my hair still feels moist. Oh yeah, and I oiled my scalp with the castor oil. My scalp is still oily too. So I guess the castor oil is thick enough that the sweat doesn't affect it. Which is good.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 15th February 2011, 11:10 pm

LOL! Ceely needs love too! If they are tryina holla when you're at you're worst, you'd be breaking necks at your best!! Wink Ok. Maybe I just didn't apply enough the last time. Does your hair feel oily through the day? Mine kinda does so I want to cut back somewhere but I am not sure where...? I need moisture retention with less oil, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 11:25 pm

no my hair doesn't seem oily, just the scalp. but the hair still is soft. Actually, i just squeezed a few twists and yes there is still some juice in there!!! LOL but if i just touch it my hand doesn't come away soul-glo-ish!!!! LOL
afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 15th February 2011, 11:35 pm

I love talkin' to y'all! I am over her bustin' a gut and my hubby is looking at me like I am crazy!! LOL!

Thanks, MissyCee!! I don't think I have the patience for henna-ing so I'm hoping by the time I am gray, I won't care. And yeah, I am pretty happy!!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th February 2011, 11:51 pm

oh, and Tiff. I need to do a DC as well. It's been weeks since I last did it. And I STILL haven't done my 2nd henna! I bought it, just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll do it all this weekend,
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 12:37 pm

K, here are the pics.

This first one is before the henna......

This is after.... notice the copper and the looser curls. Well anyways, I can see the looser curls. And I noticed as I was rinsing my hair felt different.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url][/url]

Tiff, I mixed the jamila henna, a drop or two of castor oil, honey,k evoo and some brahmi and amla oil. Made a paste and let it sit over night. Oh yeah, herbal tea. I boiled one tea bag, let it cool then added it also. I am pleased with the results. Just wondering if I had left it on longer, how much more color I would have gotten. I know it will fade with time. Right now I plan to do another in about 2 weeks.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 16th February 2011, 1:19 pm

That's great, MissyCee! I can see the looser curls in the second pic. Is your hair softer? It looks soft.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 2:13 pm

Yes it is softer and thanks!!! I was really surprised. I've used other henna's that have a color on the package, not body art quality, and I didn't have this. So I was very pleasantly surprised when i was rinsing and my hair was not as coily.

Funny how everyone has a different texture of hair and how they are learning how to deal with it as it changes.

Something I learned at the meet up this past weekend, was in the first 6-8 months after bcing, we have drier hair and we see changes in the curl pattern all the time. I have noticed this. And also, we need to CARE for out hair. I mean, I was rubbing the creams and stuff over my hair, but not actually separating it and making sure each strand was oiled or cared for. I am now and I already see a difference.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th February 2011, 5:00 pm

Hey Missy. I can see the color for sure but not much diff in the curls. Could be cuz the first pic is a bit fuzzy though. I need to do my 2nd henna application. I was gonna try to get it done this weekend but my mom called and said she's coming down tomorrow. So perhaps Sunday or next weekend. will you do henna again?
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 5:47 pm

Oh I definitely will do it again in about 2 weeks. Very Happy

I know the first pic is fuzzy but it was mostly grey sticking out now it's copper!! Funny and fun. I'll wear it.

Grea job on the weight loss. If it doesn't warm up soon, I will be needing to join that too. I been sitting on my butt all winter and it's showing.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 5:50 pm

OHHHHH and a big OHHHHH!!! I am on day two of the nicorette patch. Way overdue, but doing it. Another reason I might have to join a weigh loss challenge. I hear you gain weight when stopping smoking.....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 16th February 2011, 7:17 pm

good job on the patch!!! you can do it!!! woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 9:55 pm

Well thank you!!! I hope so. Day two and no cravings!!! cheers
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content