CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a good product for hot oil treatments?

3 posters

Go down

What is a good product for hot oil treatments? Empty What is a good product for hot oil treatments?

Post by CurlyMix 6th December 2009, 10:44 am

I was told that after you take out braids from your hair that a hot oil treatment is best along with a deep conditioner. My question is this true as far as the hot oil treatment and if so which brand is best?

Check me out on twitter if you like as well (LuvMyCookieBox)
CurlyMix
CurlyMix

http://www.hairproductjunkiez.ning.com

Back to top Go down

What is a good product for hot oil treatments? Empty Re: What is a good product for hot oil treatments?

Post by AfrikanLatina 6th December 2009, 12:56 pm

You could use a number of oils. I think one of the more widely used ones would be olive oil or coconut oil. Coconut oil penetrates the hair very well. You could even add a few drops of an EO if you'd like. One way to do it would be to pour however much you need to do your head(our heads vary in size as well as hair length of course) and warm that up for 20 seconds or so and saturate your hair with it. Place a plastic cap on it and if youd like you could place a scarf on top of that. Do some chores around the house, take a nap, whatever and then wake up and rinse.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

What is a good product for hot oil treatments? Empty Re: What is a good product for hot oil treatments?

Post by Sylkifine 31st December 2009, 2:25 am

Olive oil is the best for EVERYTHING!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I heat it up in the microwave in a bowl for about 35 seconds, and apply it from root to tip with an applicator brush. I then place a conditioning cap, but not without massaging my scalp after applying the olive oil completely. I then do whatever I feel like until I feel like washing it out. The longest I have kept it in was for 2 days. Then I proceed to wash my hair.

Sylkifine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down