CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRODUCT

5 posters

Go down

LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRODUCT Empty LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRODUCT

Post by jenni-t 29th May 2010, 9:09 pm

HAS ANYONE USED OR LIKE ANY MISS JESSIE'S PRODUTS LATELY?
WHAT ABOUT PALMER'S COCONUT OIL PRODUCTS?
I HAVE BEEN NATUARL SINE MID 2008 BUT HAVE HAD A LOT OF DAMAGE AND BREAKAGE. SO JUST RECENTLY I HAVE CUT IT ALL OFF TO START ALL OVER.
ALSO HOW CAN I TELL MY HAIR TYPE? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I THOUGHT I SAW SOMEONE POSTED THEY WERE A 4B?
MY HAIR IS THICK, VERY COURSE AND DRY.
SOMEONE HELP?

jenni-t

Back to top Go down

LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRODUCT Empty Re: LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRODUCT

Post by curlycoils77 29th May 2010, 11:10 pm

I like the curly pudding for my wash n gos. I can get it to last 3-4 days before having to wash.
curlycoils77
curlycoils77

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 29th May 2010, 11:17 pm

I have used the Curly Pudding by Miss Jessie's and I like it a lot. I would describe it as more of a holding product than anything. Alone, it does produce crunchy hair, for me, at least. I add shea butter or oil under it and that keeps it from being so crispy.

I just bought the Baby Buttercream on Thursday and really dislike it. First, the smell is a little too medicinal for me. The description says the scent is "sweet", but it reminds me very faintly of Ben-Gay. It's not a true peppermint scent, imo. Additionally, it really weighed my hair down and seemed very "greasy" the next day and I swear I only used a tiny fingertip's worth on each twist.

*Disclaimer: I do have fine, thin hair though, so maybe it's just too heavy for my texture.

I am eager to try the other products in the line just to rule them out once and for all.

ETA: Oops, forgot your other question. Try www.naturallycurly.com for determining your hair type. But imo, don't get too caught up in that, you know? You will still need to try different products to see what works on YOUR head. No two heads are alike.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by jenni-t 29th May 2010, 11:30 pm

thanks curlycoils77 and free2be

jenni-t

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi4242 22nd June 2010, 11:49 pm

I've been using the Curly Buttercreme for twist outs and it OK, but I can only get it to last 2 days.
Yoshi4242
Yoshi4242

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 23rd June 2010, 1:56 am

jenni-t wrote:HAS ANYONE USED OR LIKE ANY MISS JESSIE'S PRODUTS LATELY?
WHAT ABOUT PALMER'S COCONUT OIL PRODUCTS?
I HAVE BEEN NATUARL SINE MID 2008 BUT HAVE HAD A LOT OF DAMAGE AND BREAKAGE. SO JUST RECENTLY I HAVE CUT IT ALL OFF TO START ALL OVER.
ALSO HOW CAN I TELL MY HAIR TYPE? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I THOUGHT I SAW SOMEONE POSTED THEY WERE A 4B?
MY HAIR IS THICK, VERY COURSE AND DRY.
SOMEONE HELP?

I feel that the products are on the high end but here is my view

I have tried their rapid recovery and it was ok. I did not get a wow effect from it. I used it just as a dc one week and used it again as a DC after doing a henna treatment. After the henna treatment it was horrible to my hair.

The curl pudding I have just revisited it and i think i like it a little better. I had to use it by itself after a WNG on soaking wet hair. It was great the frist day but a little to drying the second day. hair was no where soft as it was the first day.

The quick curl is what i like the best. I did not get cruchy hair at all. it did make my hair pop. but i have to use quite a bit to get through my whole head.

for the palmers I had the conditioner when i was transitioning and i loved it. I have not tried it on natural hair.

For the hair type question. I have found out that Hair typing has not helped me at all. I used some of the products people with my hair type is using and some did not work at all. I know that i have 4a 4b hair. This is hair that is tightly curled from my understanding. this hair is known to be more fragile and dry for some.

Hope this all helped
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down