CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter?

+4
curly+kinky+fierce
MeekMonique
NubieNatty
Moni
8 posters

Go down

Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter? Empty Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter?

Post by Moni 6th December 2009, 5:07 am

Do any of you use Qhemet OHHB in the winter? If so, how do you use it? I just bought some (it was the only Qhem product left when I went into Detroit today) and I'm not sure how to use it, since honey and glycerin are humectants that are fairly hihgh on the ingredient list.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter? Empty Re: Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter?

Post by NubieNatty 6th December 2009, 1:52 pm

i placed my order from the black fri sale so im still tappin my foot awaiting the arrival of it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter? Empty Re: Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm in winter?

Post by MeekMonique 7th December 2009, 4:33 pm

I usually mix mine up with some burdock root butter cream, but i think it should be fine by itself. although it has honey in it, it also has olive oil, so it should still be moisturizing. Good question though, i never really though about questioning its use in the winter b/c honey is a humectant. hmmmm
MeekMonique
MeekMonique

http://fotki.com/RoyalEmpress2

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 9th December 2009, 4:39 pm

i just used the alma and the honey & olive for twist...we're talking day 2 hair and its still so moisturizing! I havent added anymore of the products since then...I do like it! Its a really soft hold...but its good tho [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by jcokes 10th December 2009, 10:42 pm

I use it on wet hair only to do my braidouts and I love it love it love it! I seal with coconut oil love it love it!!
I also use Burdock Root Butter and Cocoa Detangling Ghee! I'm a big fan of Qhemets Products!
jcokes
jcokes

http://www.coilyheadchick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th December 2009, 3:57 am

i just got my qhemets in the mail yesterday and im curious to use the olive n honey as a DC!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 18th December 2009, 10:51 pm

I use it to seal in moisture. I'm in VA Beach, so I don't find a problem with using humectants during the winter. I did go home up North not too long ago and it was another story...I really don't know how it'd work out in colder climates.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 18th December 2009, 11:04 pm

wowww! do it blondie! love the hair!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 18th December 2009, 11:17 pm

Thank you! ....AND it covers gray like nobody's business!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 28th December 2009, 2:12 am

Man! I still haven't gotten my order yet [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 28th December 2009, 2:42 am

I use it to moisturize my twist out. MAN!!! ITS GOOOD STUFF YO! cheers
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th December 2009, 11:34 pm

My order finally came!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down