CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream

+17
Katie@happygirlhair.com
naturesbest
Russianjoy
Niqui36
TMS
BattleKat
jamaicanmecurly
Deva_87
Divinebeauty87
traveljunkie08
quincie1479
Poundcake921
fanmnatirel
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
Tmochava
savvybrown
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream Empty Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream

Post by savvybrown 11th February 2010, 6:47 pm

Hi ladies. After hearing so much about this stuff, I went ahead and ordered Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. I must say, this stuff is thick! Like AOHSR thick! How do you use the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream? Wet or dry hair? Twists or braids? Twistouts or braidouts? Or do you just seal with it?

Lemme know!
savvybrown
savvybrown

http://savvybrown.com

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream Empty Re: Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream

Post by Tmochava 11th February 2010, 7:17 pm

I love it too, I use it as a moisturizer on both wet and dry hair, not as a styling agent. It keeps my hair moisturized for a few days before I have to reapply, its a really great moisturizer.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream Empty Re: Qhemet Biologics Amla&Olive Heavy Cream

Post by Lynnieluve 11th February 2010, 9:58 pm

I've havent tried it yet but I have heard a few curlies say they use it to do twist.

Usually if a product is thick, I find it easier to distribute on wet hair. HTH
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th February 2010, 10:20 pm

I use it as a moisturizer on wet hair for braidouts. I love it, it really keeps your hair moisturized!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 11th February 2010, 11:31 pm

I use it to do my two-strand twists ( on wet hair) which i usually keep for 4-5 days.
It's awesome!!! The best moisturizer i've used.
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 12th February 2010, 3:07 am

I like the Heavy Cream alot but I love love the Olive Oil and Honey Hydrating Balm even better...creams and lotions don't really penetrate my hair shaft but the balm is amazing...I use it for styling and for moisturizing....my hair is soft and silky for days! Just ordered the big jar...can't wait for it to come!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 12th February 2010, 4:56 am

@Tmochava- Did you BC? Loving the pic either way hun!!!
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th February 2010, 10:55 pm

@savvybrown: You may have to do a little experimenting to see how it will work best on your hair. At first, I used it on dry hair, and it made my hair greasy and crunchy. Then I tried it on wet hair. It was soft but greasy. I've found that using it on damp hair works the best for me. It absorbs into my hair better and makes my twists so soft when completely dry. I've been able to get good hold from it and nice definition for a twist out too. You don't need a lot of it. A little truly does go a long way.

Oh, I've also used it as a pre-poo with good results.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 15th February 2010, 3:17 pm

@traveljunkie08 you're right. I tried it Friday night on wet hair and I guess I used too much. My twistout looked ok the next day, but my hair was so greasy it had no body! By yesterday it was a frizzy shrunken mess! Then this morning I woke up with pimples all over my forehead from where my hair touched my face last night. I'm gonna go wash this stuff out. I'll try it again, but clearly using less.

I can tell this would make a great pre-poo.
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 15th February 2010, 5:45 pm

My Qhemet products are on their way! I should get the package tomorrow and I can't wait. I ordered the amla and olive heavy cream, and the burdock root cream. I continuously hear good things about the honey hydrating balm. That is definitely next on my list. (Sadly, I've become a product junkie)
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 16th February 2010, 2:07 am

im definitely thinking of using qhemet next because so far myhoneychild is disliked by relaxed ends and is doing ok on the natural parts. I have not heard one bad review of qhemet though which makes me want to try it even more.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 19th February 2010, 9:32 pm

Ok So I washed out the AOHC last week and tried again, and used MUCH less that the first time. This time my hair was SUPER moisturized, and my twistout looked good for the first day.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...But then the second day, I woke up and it was all frizzy and undefined again. It looked like a twist out four days gone. I can see how this stuff is great for TWISTS, but I don't know about twistouts. Do you ladies use this in conjunction with other products? I also think this would make a good prepoo, although I've never done one before.
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 21st February 2010, 3:34 pm

Your twist out looks great! Super-defined hair for me usually means flat hair and I like volume, so the hold of AOHC is okay for me and I don't usually use it with anything else. I generally re-twist my hair every night to try to keep it from getting frizzy, but I don't use the AOHC to re-twist. I use some type of butter or just a little EVOO. I know some people use the AOHC with the honey balm for more hold. I don't know if your hair likes gel, but a touch probably wouldn't hurt if you want a longer lasting twist out.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 21st February 2010, 4:03 pm

@traveljunkie Thanks! You're probably right. I just don't have the time to twist every night. I like starting with a style on Sunday and wearing it in various permutations throughout the week. Next time I'll try using it with some ecostyler and see how it works out.
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 26th February 2010, 4:29 pm

Can anyone tell me the ingredients for the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream? Thanks!!! They list the "key ingredients" on the website but I was hoping to see the ingredient list before I bought it. I'm trying to figure out if I should just make my own mix using unrefined shea butter, amla and other oils (which seems like a lot of work), so if I can find a product that fits the bill- I'd rather use that.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 26th February 2010, 4:38 pm

I've used the AOHC and the BRBC for the past week....it maybe premature, but....I think I love it. Especially the BRBC because it's more water-based, which screams moisture to me. After I finish these samples I will purchase the regular size (even if it's pricey)
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 26th February 2010, 4:57 pm

@jamaicanmecurly the ingredients right off the jar of AOHC are

Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Distilled Water, Organic Amla, Organic Brahmi Organic Aloe, Africanan MSM, Vegetable Glycerine, Conditioning Emulsifier (Sorbitan&Cetearyl Monoesters), Phenoxyethanol, ethylhexglycerin (A paraben-free and formaldehyde-free preservative), Essential oil blend

HTH
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 26th February 2010, 5:02 pm

@savvybrown- THANK YOU. That totally helps and makes my decision for me. I'm sold... to at least try it! The idea of trying to mix my own butter/cream just seems kinda overwhelming!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by savvybrown 26th February 2010, 5:10 pm

I have thought about making it too. It's got a bit too much in it for me to make, but it DEFINITELY has given me some ideas about mixing my own version.
savvybrown
savvybrown

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 3rd May 2010, 1:21 am

I have herd a ton on great things about Qhemet so I go to their website to place an order and every single item that they sell is out of stock. There is no information on when they will have anything in stock. I guess I came along too late.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd May 2010, 1:25 am

@BattleKat - Products will be back in stock at 10am est on Friday, May 7th. They are having a 12 hour sale on Friday!!!! So, you're right on time.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 3rd May 2010, 1:50 pm

Has anyone tried the detangling ghee (I think that's how it is spelled)? I want to order that and the heavy cream but I'd like to know how good that ghee is first. Thanks.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Russianjoy 4th May 2010, 5:57 pm

The Ghee is primarily a cocoa butter concoction. It is designed to detangle dry or damp hair and is wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . As with all of their products, a little goes a long way. The sample size lasted me about 3-6 months. It helps to lay down the cuticle , moisturizes and offers shine, melts like a butter. If you wanted to try one product, I'd start with either the Amla Heavy Cream or Burdock Root Butter Cream, depending on hair texture. Burdock root also detangles and softens, but has more water. I own most of their products but I'm still working on a routine.

Russianjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturesbest 6th May 2010, 7:49 pm

Does anyone know the difference between the Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Amla Heavy Cream? I have 4b-4c hair.
naturesbest
naturesbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie@happygirlhair.com 6th May 2010, 9:16 pm

naturesbest wrote:Does anyone know the difference between the Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Amla Heavy Cream? I have 4b-4c hair.

The Burdock Root Cream is just lighter than the AOHC. I tried it when they introduced it and it was okay for my daughter's 3b hair and okay for my very dry 2b hair, but not my favorite. It wasn't quite enough for my daughter with 4b hair.

AOHC can be used as a scalp balm too, and it's amazing. I massage it into my daughters' hairlines and on their parts when their hair is styled in braids or twists. It's great.
Katie@happygirlhair.com
Katie@happygirlhair.com

http://www.happygirlhair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next