CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't lose the weight

+5
suzamattew
misskris
summerbreeze76
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Imgettingthere
9 posters

Go down

Can't lose the weight Empty Can't lose the weight

Post by Imgettingthere 21st January 2011, 12:06 am

Hey guys,

So ive been trying to lose the same weight what seems like my whole life! I eat well 97% of the time, sometimes I just want whataburger, and workout 4-5 days a week. I also go to dance classes 3 days a week. Ballet, tap, and jazz/modern. But keep in mind this is addition to my regular workouts.

I always lose a certain amount of weight ( which I never physically see but others do) but then t just stops completely. I make sure I change up my routines and all that crap! I've done cleanses and pills and acai but all to no avail. Do any of yall have any suggestions on anything that could help.

I'm 5'8 and half and like 207. I carry extremely well but I am a size 12. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! I've always been the "big" girl and like I said I hate it. Also I'm a actor and it's hard enough being a non-light skin black girl BUT add that onto being large it sucks extra hard.

Suggestions anyone?
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Can't lose the weight Empty Re: Can't lose the weight

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 21st January 2011, 12:12 am

Sounds like you've a plateau. Try changing up your workout with circuit training, spinning or different types of workouts. Our bodies eventually adjust to our workouts therefore halting our progress. You should join our Weight Loss Challange! The ladies are so motivating. I have a similar story, I've been trying to lose 30lbs forever! It's gradually coming off though with hard work....
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 21st January 2011, 12:14 am

What type of foods are you eating. Maybe keeping a food journal will help. Ive been doing this off and on and when i am on i certainly see more weightloss than when i dont track. Increase the protein and veggies also hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Imgettingthere 21st January 2011, 1:58 am

Yeah I drink water like crazy! I'm constantly having to pee at work! And I have a good journal type app in my iPhone that counts and deducts calories but that doesn't tell ne anything I don't know already...

This us extremely frustrating
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st January 2011, 1:44 pm

Hey Imgettingthere!! Like you and Mandi, this has been a struggle of mine too!!! BUT you can get to the goal you want. What about the food you eat like Summerbreeze asked?? Are you eating too many carbs? Not enough carbs? Enough proteins? What about enough good fats like the MUFAs??? --Monounsaturated fatty acids. These are the good fats that FIGHT belly fat. Try adding foods like avocados, olive oil, nuts and nut butters, even DARK CHOCOLATE (I love it!!)to your diet!!!! It really does work, I've done it and DO it still. I even have the book called "Flat Belly Diet" and it's great. Also try adding other new foods to your diet like quinoa which is the bomb and other fruits/veggies you've never had.

When it comes to your workouts, I know you said you switch up your routines but do you do workouts or use machines you've never used before. Do you do interval training?? That REALLY helps you burn more calories as well. For example, on the treadmill, you can walk/jog at say 4.0 for like 2 minutes and then jog/run at about 6.5 or so for two minutes and do that back and forth for at least 30 minutes. You can also do that on elliptical machines, bikes, whatever. It gets your heart rate going more.

Hope this helps, but try not to get discouraged. OH and LIFT WEIGHTS!!! You know muscle burns fat so that should help too. And I agree with Mandi. Come join us on the 2011 Weight Loss Challenge she started. We'll help you out as much as we can!!!!!

run
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suzamattew 29th January 2011, 4:27 am

Tips to loss weight:
1) Drink more water.
2) Take more green salad and green leaf vegetables.
3) Avoid fat from your meal.
4) Do yoga regularly.
5) Avoid soda and saturated fruit juices.

suzamattew

Back to top Go down

Post by eyehealthguide 1st February 2011, 4:53 am

People always ask me this but they usually never listen to the answer. If you can listen and live it, you will lose the weight you need. 1) Do some form of workout every day. Swim, run, aerobics, bicycling, whatever. Mix it up. No excuses unless you are in the hospital. The Fundamental Fattitude is this: "All Fat People have One thing in common: an Excuse for why they can't work out." It's unbelievable. Sometimes they have a different excuse every day. "It's too cold/hot/dark/bright/dangerous/humid!" "My leg/arm/head/neck/whatever hurts!" "I'll sweat!" "I'll look ridiculous, so maybe I'll just sit home in front of the TV and eat bon bons". (Hate to break it to you, but you look worse eating the bon bons). Stick to it and you WILL win, trust me. But you must stick to it. Good luck! I wish you well!

eyehealthguide

Back to top Go down

Post by essentialoils 21st February 2011, 1:12 am

At the times you need to lose weight and you try to rush yourself you most of the time people just barely eat or do exercises randomly. You need to have a game plan and stick with it.
essentialoils
essentialoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Imgettingthere 23rd February 2011, 10:47 am

Oh I have a game plan. I work out work out Monday-Wenesday and attend dance classes. Those being Ballet (which is no joke), Modern, and Tap and Thursday and Friday I also workout. Saturday and Sunday and my chill days.

As far as food goes. I dont eat red meat or pork. I havent eaten those in about 2 years and I barely ever eat fast food. Overall I eat really well actually and drink water with lemon like crack heads smoke rocks!

I honestly have no clue what the deal is
Imgettingthere
Imgettingthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd February 2011, 11:26 am

Are you doing any strength/weight training?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 23rd February 2011, 10:40 pm

Hey Imgettingthere...... have you tried the MUFAs yet like I suggested earlier? That does work. Lynnie's suggestion is great too. Weights will definitely help and if you're already lifting, try going heavier. Also, I know you said you eat well but maybe your portions could still be cut down some???? Hope you get through this plateau. Sometimes it does just take a while to bust thru it though. Keep doing what you're doing though and don't give up. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mick123 28th February 2011, 4:59 am

I always lose a certain amount of weight (which I never physically see but others do), but t just completely stops. I am sure that I make changes to your routine and all that crap! I cleanse and pills and acai is all but to no avail. Yall do any of that have any suggestions on anything that can help.

mick123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down