CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shampoo Bars

+5
makeupvixen
Fleur
FalconTress
mizcreativelyme
Ambitious_Tiff
9 posters

Go down

Shampoo Bars Empty Shampoo Bars

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 18th January 2011, 3:54 pm

Hey ladies! I recently ordered some shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley. I was wondering if anyone had any tips they could share about the best ways to use them (Lather then apply to hair, Rub bar in hair...? Is it safe to use frequently? Can this be used in place of cowashes?) and any reviews on the types you've tried. I ordered the Coconut Milk and Rosemary Mint shampoo bars to start. I also ordered the Aloe, Aloe, Aloe bath bar but I was wondering if it can be used on hair since the ingredients are as follows: Saponified oils of olive, organic coconut, aloe butter, and castor bean; organic aloe vera juice; organically grown aloe leaves; essential oils of lemon, bergamot, lavender and eucalyptus; organic parsley flakes; organic cornstarch; and rosemary oil extract.

Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Shampoo Bars Empty Re: Shampoo Bars

Post by mizcreativelyme 18th January 2011, 4:49 pm

hey Tiff. i recently received a few bars from chagrin as well and plan to use one this weekend. also, i started a thread on this a while back. check out link below for feedback chica Very Happy

https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t8068-ayurvedic-poo-bars

Last edited by mizcreativelyme on 18th January 2011, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 18th January 2011, 4:51 pm

makeupvixen also uses shampoo bars.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th January 2011, 4:55 pm

Naturalnola uses them as well.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 18th January 2011, 4:57 pm

Oh shoot! Sorry! LOL! How did the bars work out for you? Do you put it directly on your hair or lather it up first then put the lather on? From that thread, looks like I should have ordered a Olive and Babassu bar as well...
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 19th January 2011, 2:01 pm

Thanks FalconTress! Yes gurl I love me some poo bars. The Chgrin ones that are my favorites are the Ayurvedic Bar, Honey Butter, Coconut COnditioner, Aloe Aloe Aloe, and the Beer ones, so far. NOt feeling the Marshmallow Babassu one and really upset because my hair loves marshmallow root.

I part my hair in four sections while wet in the shower, section off with clips. I cut my bars in three's and only use one at a time. I apply it to my scalp while wet and sit off to the side after I have rubbed my scalp with it. Then I get some finger action going and slowly pull the lather/film down the shaft of my hair, let sit and continue to next section. Rinse. If I have any buildup I use a ACV (herbal) rinse after that and just follow up as normal with my conditioners. If I don'thave buildup and still follow as normal just no ACV rinse.

Now you hair will feel different if it's your first use. It doesn't feel anything like liquid soap and will take some getting use to. I recommend a filtered shower head, my hair is loving it, tomake sure you dont have hard water.

Oh and you can always check out my YT videos (name is under tastiredbone) I need to do another review of a bar, maybe the weekend after next, this weekend I want to try and do my Ayurvedic Powder Tutorial.

Happy Poo Baring, lol
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 19th January 2011, 3:11 pm

I bought a lot of sample bars from them but when I used it the 1st time I didn't like my results.. Maybe I need to watch more you tube videos b4 I count them out completely.. I really do want to try some more of their soaps since they gotten new onces since the last time I ordered.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 19th January 2011, 4:22 pm

I have several of the CV sample poo bars. Since I have a twa, I just take a small cube and rub in my hair until I get a nice lather. I cut the bar into sections first, though, to keep from wasting. MsVcharles on YT has a video about that. (Curlock-holmes also did a review on her blog some weeks back.) They cleaned my hair well, but after awhile I got the impression that my hair was looking kind of dull & filmy from the soap, so I haven't used them in a few months. But I will use again, I'll just do an ACV rinse afterward.

(What I really love from CV are their butter bars; use them in the shower after you wash & rinse and they moisterize your skin so nicely.)
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 19th January 2011, 4:57 pm

I need to order some and try them out since i been using african black soap maybe i need to step my game up lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 19th January 2011, 5:11 pm

Tiff, I am weighing in with my 2 cents. I have so much stuff I am trying to use up, I haven't used the bars consistently. However, when I do use them, my method is similar to Makeup's in that I apply to my scalp in sections and I too cut the bars in 3 pieces. I do rinse out a section at a time and re-braid my hair. I don't leave it on for long, just long enough to cleanse my scalp and let some of the lather run down the hairshaft. As for the feel, I did notice the 1 time I did not pre-poo with oil, it was a rougher, less pleasant experience. But, provided I pre-poo with oil, I have no complaints. I def endorse Makeup's suggestion on a filter if you live in areas where you have hard water. I haven't had to use ACV or use anything clarifying afterwards b/c when I use the shampoo bars it is during a period where I don't have product build-up.

Tiff, I would be cautious about using this as a "substitute" for co-washes if you co-wash your hair multiple times per wk. I say that b/c shampoo bars (based on my experience and reading) will not yield the moisture factor gained by co-washing (providing the conditioner you use is a moisture contributing conditioner minus ingredients that promote dryness).

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 20th January 2011, 1:31 pm

Ok, so I only usually wash my hair 1-2 times a week. I just don't feel my hair needs to be washed every other day. I will try to use them consistently for a month (once I get them) and report back. Idk I mostly cowash and I don't feel my hair is dirty but I don't think I have gotten used to my hair not being "squeaky clean" though I know that just means it was stripped. I will continue cowashing and prepooing though. As for the filtered shower head thing. How do I know if I have "hard" water or not? I did notice a build up on the shower head when I first moved in but nothing really since then but I don't know how long it takes the deposits to build up... I was looking at those both fizzy things! Glad to hear they really are as lovely as they sound. I will definitely check your YT channel! Thanx ladies!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 24th January 2011, 12:05 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Ok, so I only usually wash my hair 1-2 times a week. I just don't feel my hair needs to be washed every other day. I will try to use them consistently for a month (once I get them) and report back. Idk I mostly cowash and I don't feel my hair is dirty but I don't think I have gotten used to my hair not being "squeaky clean" though I know that just means it was stripped. I will continue cowashing and prepooing though. As for the filtered shower head thing. How do I know if I have "hard" water or not? I did notice a build up on the shower head when I first moved in but nothing really since then but I don't know how long it takes the deposits to build up... I was looking at those both fizzy things! Glad to hear they really are as lovely as they sound. I will definitely check your YT channel! Thanx ladies!!

reporting back ... i used a poo bar this weekend (ayurvedic herb from chagrin valley) and OMGeepers, has my hair been missing out. i I love you suds and this one delivered. aside from that, my hair felt cleam & moisturized, without the dry/sqeaky feel. i believe i have found my poo-love!
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 24th January 2011, 3:27 pm

Yay! So glad to hear you had good results. I was kinda nervous when I got my bars until I used them to bathe! The lather is incredible, not at all what I expected. how did your scalp feel?
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 24th January 2011, 3:34 pm

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:Yay! So glad to hear you had good results. I was kinda nervous when I got my bars until I used them to bathe! The lather is incredible, not at all what I expected. how did your scalp feel?

... scalp feels great. no itchies, no flaking, no dryness.... all is clean 'n well.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down